Sales People Inquiry Overview
A sales person (also referred to as a rep or sales representative) is someone that is responsible for making sales for the organisation. Sales People Inquiry allows you to keep track of the quantity and value of sales made by a Sales Person. This allows the user to view sales, costs, gross margins, number of transactions and set sales targets.
When the Sales People Inquiry is selected, a list of all Sales People in SapphireOne who have their status checkbox set as ‘Active’ will be displayed.
From this list of Sales People the user is able to Add new Sales People, Look at or Modify existing Sales People.
You may also use the corresponding keyboard shortcut. The actual number of sales people displayed in the list will depend on the type of access to the Sales People Inquiry function granted by SapphireOne administrator as per below:
- If a user is granted access, and no particular Sales Rep is entered into the More Details Page of their User Access Inquiry in Utilities mode, they will have access to the complete list of Sales People in SapphireOne as normal as seen in the screenshot above.
- If the user has a Sales People ID inserted into his User Access Master file on the More Details Page, the list of Sales People will be limited to his or here alone. Once this is done, the Sale People Inquiry list will then be filtered to displaying just that sales person. They will not be permitted to look any any other Sales Persons file.
- Throughout SapphireOne no duplicate ID’s may be used. However there is an exception, the same ID may be used for the Sales persons ID here, the Employees ID and the User ID if required, provided they are for the same person.
Sales People Area
- ID – ID for the Sales Person.
- Inactive – If checked the Sales Person is marked as inactive.
- Name – Sales Person’s complete name. I.e. John Smith
- First – Sales Person’s first name.
- Surname – Sales Person’s surname.
- Initials – Sales Person’s Initials.
- Title – Sales Person’s title. Mr, Mrs, etc.
- Phone – Phone number of the Sales Person.
- Email – Email Address of the Sales Person.
- Company – The Company that the Sales Person is working under. SapphireOne should enter the company for you.
- Department – The section in the Company that the Sales Person is working under. This is optional and if entered can be used for reporting purposes.
- Type – Select using the radio buttons if the sales person is a Sales person or a Carrier.
POS Access Area
If you set up a Sales Person under POS, SapphireOne will ask for that Sales Person’s ID before they are allowed to conduct POS transactions.
- Password – Enter a Password for POS access.
- Change Discount – Selecting the check box will allow the changing of discounts. By default changing discounts is not allowed.
- Change Price – Selecting the check box will allow the changing of prices. By default changing prices is not allowed.
Any Contacts associated with the Sales Person can be documented here.
The user can view information relating to sales and any related sales information in regards to that Sales Person, while setting targets for them to achieve.
Month To Date (MTD) Area
The Month To Date area allows the user to view Sales, Costs, Gross Margin, Number of Transactions for the month.
Total To Date (TTD) Area
The Total To Date area allows the user to view Sales, Costs, Gross Margin, Number of Transactions for all recorded transactions for that Sales Person.
Period Sales Area
A breakdown by period of all recorded transactions for this Sales Person. The ‘Find Period Invoices’ button when clicked, will open an inquiry displaying any linked invoices for the period (or line) selected.
Sales Target Area
This allows you to set targets or goals for the Sales Person in regards to the period. This resets each year. You do not have to utilise all 30 periods.
The Action Page is a seperate table that can be added to the major record and transaction tables. This includes actionable items such as Calendar Reminders, Meeting Invites, Alarms, Emails, To-Do Lists, General Notes, Private Notes, Meeting Notes with Date and Time, Start and Finish stamps plus All Day Notifications. The Action Page can be viewed as the equivalent to CRM functionality for every major Table within SapphireOne Accounting Software.
You can Add or Delete Actions . If you double click on an existing Action it will zoom in ready to modify.
- Diary Area
- Sequence – SapphireOne will automatically enter in a unique sequence number.
- Title – Enter in a title for this action.
- Type – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in a type. This will then form a permanent type within the drop-down.
- Action – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in an Action. This will then form a permanent action within the drop-down.
- User – SapphireOne will enter in the user who is creating this action although this may be altered if required.
- Private – If this check box is selected SapphireOne will only allow the User as entered to view or modify this action.
- Status – The user has three options.
- Open – Action is open and active.
- Hold – Action is active but no alarms will be active.
- Completed – Action is now Inactive and will not be displayed in any list of actions.
- Tag – A tag may be attached to an action. This will then form a permanent tag within the drop-down.
- Link – When created from a function a link to the function is automatically created by SapphireOne.
- Check List area – A user created check list for creating actions. A check box is provided so that a user can tick them off as they progress.
- Dates and Times Area:
- Start/Finish – You can set an action to have a Start and a Finish time, or select the check box for an all Day option.
- Completed – Once an action has a completed date entered it will no longer be active and displayed in any lists of actions.
- Alarm Area – An alarm can be set to email someone at a certain date and time, or send your user a reminder and/or email if the email has been entered.
- Recurring Area – If necessary the alarm may be set to at set periods established by the Type drop down menu. The recurring period may also be set by date if required.
- Notes Area – You can select the Green clock icon to add Time and Date stamps to your notes. You can also highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to your preference.
- Invite Attendees Area – You can invite multiple attendees to your event and keep track of if they have accepted or rejected your invite. These attendees can be notified by email if the email has been entered.