Sales Money Payment Overview
The Sales Money Payment, also commonly referred to as a Money Payment, is the last item on the Inventory Sales drop-down menu. A Sales Money Payment is used to process a return for a customer who has paid cash for an item and then later wished to return the item, receiving a cash payment back in return.
Normally a Client is given a Client ID when a Client has a credit account or if you would like to keep a record. A Sales Money Payment, similar to the Sales Money Receipt, is used when we don’t have or do not wish to keep a record of the person.
Any data entry field that has a light blue background is a linked data entry field. If you do not know the exact ID to enter, the user may replace some or all of the characters with the @ or ? symbols. SapphireOne will then display a much shorter list for the user to select the correct ID from. For example,if the user enters K@ SapphireOne will display all records beginning with K.
When a data entry field heading is underlined this indicates that once an ID has been entered the user may then click on the underlined heading. SapphireOne will then do a specific query for the ID as entered and display a list with just the single item in it. The user may then view or modify the item as normal.
How to enter information in the Sales Money Payment Details area:
- Memo – Type in any memo, notes or comments for the Sales Money Payment.
- Mail Address – You can enter a mailing address if required.
- Delivery Address – You can enter in a delivery address if it is different to the mailing address.
- Document Paperclip – Scan and attach any documents relating to the money receipt.
There is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of the first page of all data entry and all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. Within all data entry and inquiry screens there is also a separate page just for managing documents i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or relevant record. An infinate number of documents may be attached to a transaction or record at any time.
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop-up will be displayed.
Please note, the Document List screenshot below is identical for both Mac and Windows users.
Any type of document can be attached using the Paperclip. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. The appropriate software must be installed on the computer or device before opening.
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version.
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
Information Tab Area
The Sales Money Payment Information Tab area is used to display additional information about the current entry. You have the ability to view the information here, not alter it.
Click on the Information Tabs to select the details you would like displayed. The Information Tabs change automatically for the different transactions being viewed.
The tabs for this type of transaction include as follows:
- Bank – This tab displays the banking details including Account ID, Department, Class, Type, Group, Project etc.
- Inventory – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory details such as available stock, stock on order, standard price, next arrival date, default vendor.
- Pricing – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays any price book entries that apply for this Inventory Item.
- Items – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays additional inventory details.
- Controls – This tab displays information about the transaction such as the date it was created, and who created it.
- Add/Deduct – This tab displays additions and deductions details.
- Error Code – Displays any error codes such as negative stock, batch error and period error.
Tracking Details Area
The Sales Money Payment Tracking Details area stores tracking details relating to the current Date, Delivery Date, Cheque no, Invoice No, Sales Rep and Period.
How to enter information in the Sales Money Payment Tracking Details area:
- Date In – Is the date that this Order has been entered on SapphireOne (usually SapphireOne date).
- Delivery – Is the expected delivery date. (Again this is usually set up in SapphireOne but can be altered as required on creation of this transaction)
- Cheque Noº. – Is the cheque number used.
- Invoice Noº. – Internal reference number and SapphireOne will normally automatically generate it.
- Rep ID – Sales representative ID. (Not essential but there is provision for the linking of a sales rep to this Sales Money Payment).
- Period – Period entered by SapphireOne matching the date.
Transaction Lines Area
The Sales Money Payment Transaction Lines area section contains four data entry lines and a transaction summary list area.
How to enter information into the Sales Money Payment Transaction Lines area:
- Inventory – Is a linked field and the user can use the Wildcard [( @ or ? ) and TAB ] option, or simply type part or all of the product name to search for the Inventory ID.
- Inventory Details – Once the Inventory ID is entered SapphireOne will automatically display the Inventory Items name.
- Unit – This data field populates from the unit details as set up in the inventory item, for example Set, Each, Ctn, Kg, etc.
- Quantity – The number of Inventory items in this line in the Client Invoice.
- Rate – The rate will be entered by SapphireOne as setup in the Inventory items master file and should not normally be altered. Provision has been made for the user to enter the rate price of the item on a line by line basis.
- Discount – SapphireOne will read any Client discounts from their master file, or from price book if the item has a discount that is current. If required, the user can also select a Discount code from the drop-down menu or enter a discount in manually.
- Discount % – Once the discount code is entered, the discount percentage will display automatically.
- Tax Code – These should not normally be altered by the user and are entered by SapphireOne as they are setup elsewhere in SapphireOne. The user can select a Tax Code from the drop-down menu or enter in manually if required.
- Tax % – SapphireOne will automatically populate this field once the code is selected. To overwrite, simply type in.
- Tax Amount – SapphireOne will automatically calculate the amount of tax in each line in the transaction.
- Total – This displays the line total for the item – Inventory quantity x Rate + Tax = Total.
- Project – Is a linked field and the User can use the Wildcard [ (@ or ? ) and TAB ] option to search for the Project ID. SapphireOne will then display the Projects Name.
- Don’t Print Checkbox – If this checkbox is selected, the currently highlighted line will not print on the Invoice. The amount from this line will still be included in the total value of the Invoice.
- System automatic data entry – All of the following items details must first be entered into each Inventory Item. The user will note that these data fields are a mixture of grey and white. Grey indicates that it is entered by SapphireOne and the user is not allowed to alter it. The white background indicates that if a quantity is entered into these data entry fields by a user, SapphireOne will then re-calculate the quantity for the line.
- Weight Area – This field will display the total weight for the transaction for this line
- Carton – This field will display the total cartons in the transaction for this line.
- Pallet – This field will display the pallet quantity for this transaction for this line.
- 2nd Unit – This field will display the quantity entered for this line.
All of the lines in the Transaction Lines area, are listed here. The list itself, only displays the basic details of each Line. You cannot directly edit from this list.
To view or modify any line in this Line Listing area, select or highlight a line.
All of the additional data entry fields will then be displayed for you immediately above the list of lines.
From there the user is able to view or modify all of the data entry fields for the line as required.
The easiest way to add a line is with the keyboard shortcut. Hold the (Command or Control key down and select forward slash (/). SapphireOne will then place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field ready for the entry of a new line. Alternatively, selecting the button will also place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field, ready for the entry of a new line.
Lines may also be added to the transaction by clicking on the button or selecting the button to delete the currently highlighted line.
Transaction Footer Area
The Sales Money Payment Transaction Footer is the information bar along the bottom of the screen, and allows for easy checking of critical details of a transaction.
These details include:
- Sequence Number – Is the automatically generated unique Sequence number.
- Batch – The Batch field shows the total for all returns entered in the current group.
- Amount – Total Amount is the Tax free amount of the return.
- System automatic data entry – All of the following items must first be entered into each Inventory Item. The user will note that these fields have a grey background, indicating that they not user modifiable and are automatically populated by SapphireOne when the data for them is correctly entered into each Inventory Items master record.
- Weight Area – This field will then display the total weight of the transaction.
- Carton – This field displays the total number of cartons in the transaction.
- Pallet – This field displays the total number of pallets in the transaction.
- Discount – This Discount data entry field allows the user to apply an overall discount percentage to the return. Note the entire transaction!
- Tag – The user can select a saved Tag from this Drop down or add a custom tag.
- Note that a tag of HOLD is hardwired into SapphireOne. When it is selected the transaction may not be posted until the tag status of HOLD is removed or altered to something other than HOLD.
- Most of the Tag Headings are user configurable.
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
Utilities \ Controls \ Master Defaults \ then select the appropriate functions Page
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
- All of the items in the Tag drop down lists may be created by the user.
- The drop-down menus are created by entering in an item not on the list, then (tab away). SapphireOne will ask if you want to add the new tag to the list.
- To remove a tag, hold the Control or Command key down and then select it. You will be asked if you want to remove it from the list.
SapphireOne checks that each transaction entry is complete and balanced before allowing any saving operation. When the Out of Balance is 0.00 the tick, will activate in the top tool bar indicating to the user that the transaction is ready to be saved. When more than a single transaction is selected, Blue will also be displayed on the main toolbar. See below for additional details.
You can save your Transaction in one of three methods:
Select the Tick when it is activated. This will save the current transaction and return the user to the main tool bar or the list.
When multiple transactions have been selected the user may click on the tick on the tool bar with the results as seen as above.
Click on either of the the Arrows. This will tell SapphireOne to save the current transaction and open the next transaction in the list ready for data entry or modification. Also note that for what ever page is open in the transaction SapphireOne will move to the next transaction displaying the exact same page. I.e. Terms page to Terms page. Very handy when checking the same data in multiple items.
Selecting the Enter Key on the keypad. SapphireOne will then save the current transaction and opens another transaction of the same type ready for data entry. Very handy when entering multiple transactions of the same type. I.e. Client Receipt, Client Receipt.