Requisition Vendor Invoice Overview
The Requisition Vendor Invoice, also commonly referred to as a Vendor Requisition, is the first item on the Inventory Purchases drop-down menu. The Requisition Vendor Invoice is an easy to use data entry screen which allows the user to create a requisition for goods for internal purposes only. These requisitions are then processed by the authorised person.
A user can make a requisition for the products or services they require from a supplier. Each requisition can have entries for products that are supplied by different suppliers or Vendors. Requisitions may then be processed through to Orders. These orders can then be consolidated, therefore minimising freight costs and double ups.
An employee with the appropriate authority (e.g. Purchasing Officer) should be set up to be in charge of approving requisitions within SapphireOne. They should also ensure Inventory items are linked to their appropriate Vendor ID and have the correct cost prices within the SapphireOne application.
Before beginning a Requisition Vendor Invoice
- For this function to operate efficiently, it is critical that all of your Inventory Items should have a declared or preferred Vendor entered into the More Details page of each Inventory Item. SapphireOne will then automatically enter the vendor ID on each line as they are added. If this is not done, the user will have to manually enter in the Vendor on a line by line basis.
- Requisition Vendor Invoices do not have provision for the entry of a Vendor in the Details area, as Requisition’s store the Vendor’s ID in the Transaction lines area. SapphireOne has provision for the creation of a single Requisition for a number of different Vendors. SapphireOne when asked to process the Requisition into Purchase Orders, will aggregate the requisitions into Purchase Orders for each Vendor in the Transaction List.
- Notes – These may be entered here as a reference for the requisition. Any information entered in this field will be displayed in the More Details page once the requisition has been converted into a Vendor Purchase Order.
- Document Paperclip – Scan and attach any documents relating to this Requisition Vendor Invoice.
There is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of the first page of all data entry and all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. Within all data entry and inquiry screens there is also a separate page just for managing documents i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or relevant record. An infinate number of documents may be attached to a transaction or record at any time.
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop-up will be displayed.
Please note, the Document List screenshot below is identical for both Mac and Windows users.
Any type of document can be attached using the Paperclip. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. The appropriate software must be installed on the computer or device before opening.
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version.
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
Any data entry field that has a light blue background is a linked data entry field. If you do not know the exact ID to enter, the user may replace some or all of the characters with the “@” or “?” characters. SapphireOne will then display a much shorter list for the user to select the correct ID from. For example,if the user enters “K@” SapphireOne will display all records beginning with K.
When a data entry field heading is underlined this indicates that once an ID has been entered the user may then click on the underlined heading. SapphireOne will then do a specific query for the ID as entered and display a list with just the single item in it. The user may then view or modify the item as normal.
Information Tab Area
The Requisition Vendor Invoice Information Tab area is used to display extra information about the current entry. You have the ability to view the information here, not alter it. Click on the Information Tabs to select the details you would like displayed.
- Vendor – For the line selected/highlighted, displays Vendor details including ABN, Total Owing, Credit Remaining, Owing + Un-posted, Warning Message, Turnover, Credit terms, Product, last transaction date etc.
- Invoices – Displays a list of recent purchase invoices. A purchase invoice can be copied by using right click and select the following options.
- Copy Invoice, Copy Lines, Copy Lines with Reference and Open Inquiry.
- Lines – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays history of the Inventory item. Included in each transaction is the Qty ordered, Amount, Sequence N°, Discount Code, percentage allocated, Date and Type. Right Clicking on a Line gives the user the following options.
- Create a New line and Coping the Pricing.
- Inventory – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory details such as ID, Name, Available Stock, Allocated Stock, Stock on Order, Stock on Back Order and Standard Price.
- Items – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays additional inventory details.
Controls – This tab displays information about the transaction such as the date it was created and who created it.
- Error Code – Displays any error code such as negative stock, batch error and period error.
Tracking Details Area
The Requisition Vendor Invoice Tracking Details area stores details relating to the current Date, Delivery Date, Invoice No, Sales Rep and Carrier.
- Date In – Is the date that this requisition has been assigned to within SapphireOne (usually SapphireOne date).
- Arrival – Is the expected arrival date.
- External Ref – Is the external reference number.
- Internal Ref – Is the internal reference number.
- Rep ID – Sales representative ID.
- Period – Period matching the date, set in company controls.
Transaction Lines Area
- Inventory – Is a linked field and the user can use the Wildcard search options, or simply type part or all of the product name to search for the Inventory ID.
- Inventory Name – Once the Inventory ID is entered SapphireOne will display the Inventory name immediately below the Inventory ID.
- Quantity – Enter the quantity requested for each item.
- Rate – SapphireOne will automatically enter the rate as it has been setup in each Inventory Item and is not normally altered by the user. However the user may also enter the rate or price of the item if required.
- Discount % – Once the inventory code is selected, the discount percentage will be calculated from the Vendors Master file or from Price Book automatically.
- Tax Code – This should not normally be altered as it is set up elsewhere in SapphireOne. However, the user can select a Tax Code from the drop-down menu or enter in manually if required Additional details further down this page.
- Tax % – SapphireOne will automatically populate this field once the code is entered. To overwrite, simply type in.
- Tax Amount – SapphireOne will calculate the correct amount for this line based on the tax as entered.
- Total – This displays the line total for the item – Order quantity x Rate + Tax = Total.
- Project – Is a linked field and the User can use the Wildcard [ (@ or ? ) and TAB ] option to search for the Project ID. SapphireOne will display the Project Name.
- Project Retention – If a Project Retention Rate is set up in Master Defaults on the Projects Page, or in the Project itself, a box will automatically pop up after entering in Project ID.
- Vendor – This data entry field is linked to the Inventory items More Details page so that SapphireOne will enter the Vendors ID automatically. If the Vendor is not entered in the More Details page of an Inventory Inquiry the user can use the Wildcard [( @ or ? ) and TAB ] option, or simply type part or all of the name to search for the Vendor ID and Vendor name manually.
- Note – IVBAlpha 1-5 , IVBReal1 and IVBDate1 are user customised heading data entry fields.
All of the lines in the Transaction Lines area, are listed here. The list itself, only displays the basic details of each Line. You cannot directly edit from this list.
To view or modify any line in this Line Listing area, select or highlight a line.
All of the additional data entry fields will then be displayed for you immediately above the list of lines.
From there the user is able to view or modify all of the data entry fields for the line as required.
The easiest way to add a line is with the keyboard shortcut. Hold the (Command or Control key down and select forward slash (/). SapphireOne will then place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field ready for the entry of a new line. Alternatively, selecting the button will also place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field, ready for the entry of a new line.
Lines may also be added to the transaction by clicking on the button or selecting the button to delete the currently highlighted line.
The user may accept the default tax or over-type the tax code to alter it. They may also use the wildcard [( @ or ? ) and TAB ] options to search for a Code. The % data entry field will automatically populate with the appropriate tax percentage based on the tax code selected.
- These Tax Codes are set up on a Company by Company basis and may be viewed or set up by going to:
- The Mode drop-down menu in the top left corner and selecting Utilities mode.
- In the top tool bar under Controls item select Company.
- If necessary Click on the company you would like to set up the tax code for.
- Go to Page drop-down menu in the top left corner and select Periods and Taxes.
- Then select the Tax code that you want to modify. The is also provision for the addition and deletion of tax codes here.
Transaction Footer Area
The Requisition Vendor Invoice Transaction Footer area is the information bar along the bottom of the data entry screen and provides for the easy checking of critical details of a transaction.
- Sequence No – SapphireOne for requisitions will automatically generate a unique sequence number.
- Lines – The number of lines in this Requisition.
- Batch – The batch number.
- Amount – The total amount for the requisition including Tax.
- Tag – The user may mark this requisition with a tag if required.
- Note that a tag of HOLD is hardwired into SapphireOne. When it is selected the transaction may not be posted until the tag status of HOLD is removed or altered to something other than HOLD.
- Most of the Tag Headings are user configurable.
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
Utilities \ Controls \ Master Defaults \ then select the appropriate functions Page
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
- All of the items in the Tag drop down lists may be created by the user.
- The drop-down menus are created by entering in an item not on the list, then (tab away). SapphireOne will ask if you want to add the new tag to the list.
- To remove a tag, hold the Control or Command key down and then select it. You will be asked if you want to remove it from the list.
SapphireOne checks that each transaction entry is complete and balanced before allowing any saving operation. When the Out of Balance is 0.00 the tick, will activate in the top tool bar indicating to the user that the transaction is ready to be saved. When more than a single transaction is selected, Blue will also be displayed on the main toolbar. See below for additional details.
You can save your Transaction in one of three methods:
Select the Tick when it is activated. This will save the current transaction and return the user to the main tool bar or the list.
When multiple transactions have been selected the user may click on the tick on the tool bar with the results as seen as above.
Click on either of the the Arrows. This will tell SapphireOne to save the current transaction and open the next transaction in the list ready for data entry or modification. Also note that for what ever page is open in the transaction SapphireOne will move to the next transaction displaying the exact same page. I.e. Terms page to Terms page. Very handy when checking the same data in multiple items.
Selecting the Enter Key on the keypad. SapphireOne will then save the current transaction and opens another transaction of the same type ready for data entry. Very handy when entering multiple transactions of the same type. I.e. Client Receipt, Client Receipt.
More Details Page
The More Details Page of the Requisition Vendor Invoice screen includes additional data entry fields for Text Details, Delivery Instructions, Transaction Details and Order Notes
Text Details Area
The SapphireOne Text Details area is for adding additional unlimited text information regarding the quote.
Delivery Instructions Area
The SapphireOne Delivery Instructions area is for adding additional unlimited Delivery Instructions regarding the quote.
Transaction Details Area
- Date – This is another date field that can be added to the quote.
- PAYG – Pay As You Go is withholding tax. Percentage is automatically applied if applicable.
- Discount % – This field can not be modified.
- Footer Details Text Box – This is an additional information box for the user to include any additional fields or information to the Footer of the transaction.
- Order Message Text Box – This is an additional information box for the user to include any additional messages or information related to the transaction.
This Custom Page is where the user is able to customise both the Custom and Transaction Lines area. This Custom Page is available in nearly every major function in SapphireOne, including Clients, Vendors, Inventory, Job Projects, Assets and Employee inquiries.
There are various numbers of Alpha, Numeric, Date and text field headings that are available for the user to customise. When the user edits these headings it is important to consider the number of characters that will fit into the space provided on the Custom page itself. A second consideration is how the headings will fit into any reports that are produced from this Custom Page.
For the existing default names as entered by SapphireOne, the first number indicates the order that it is in the group, and the second number denotes how long the actual data entry field is for the entry of user data. For example, IVAlpha1_20 denotes that the Data Entry Field is the 1st data entry field in the group, and it will allow up to 20 characters. IVAlpha4_30 denotes that is is the 4th data entry field in the group with a maxim limit of 30 Characters.
Link to Sequence
The ‘Link to Sequence’ function allows the user to link a Sale and a Purchase to each other. This is done through the SapphireOne Back to Back function. The SapphireOne Back to Back function links each inventory item on a Quote to it’s unique Vendor or Vendors. When the user converts a Quote to an Order Client Invoice (OCI), the Back to Back function will simultaneously generate an Order Vendor Invoice (OVI). Both the OCI and OVI will have their respective sequence numbers linked through the ‘Link To Sequence’ found on the Custom Page.
The same applies to a Sales Client Invoice (SCI) linking to a Purchase Vendor Invoice (PVI). For example, when an OVI arrives into stock and is converted to a PVI, the user will be able to identify which client order the goods are to be applied to by using the sequence number in the ‘Linked To Sequence’ function.
By clicking on the ‘Linked to Sequence’ headline SapphireOne will automatically display the linked transaction.
Transaction Lines Area
In the Transaction Lines area of the Custom Page, each transaction line can have it’s own unique set of custom fields. This includes Notes, five Alpha based custom headings, numeric field and date field per transaction line.
While the screen shot above is from a Sales Transaction, the procedure for the user to customise this page is exactly the same no matter what function the Custom Page resides in. All of the data entry fields in these Custom Pages may be used in reports in the same manner that other data entry fields are reported on in SapphireOne.
Watch how to enter a Requisition Vendor Invoice in SapphireOne