The SapphireOne Rebate function in the Inventory Manager menu is used for managing rebates within SapphireOne.
A rebate can take many forms. It may be as an incentive for customers of your organisation to reach a particular milestone. As an example, your organisation may give your clients a one million dollar incentive and they will receive a 2% rebate at a particular threshold, such as once they reach one million dollars worth of sales. It maybe also be a rebate on a particular product or service that you remit back to your customer at the end of the month, quarter, half year or end of financial year.
A rebate may work on a financial threshold, or if a customer is part of a particular buying Group and/or Class. Rebates can also be used as Marketing incentives, whereby the Marketing department within the organisation may set a rebate based on a particular product or service, or a particular class or buying group.
This can also apply on the flip side to your Vendors. For example, your organisation can negotiate with a Vendor that if you reach a mutually agreed threshold you will receive a rebate in return.
The sole purpose of establishing rebates within SapphireOne is so you have a single repository where all these criteria can be set up and established. The user has the ability to set terms such as rebate time limits, reminder emails and actions that will automatically stop the rebate at a particular date or time.
Rebate Inquiry Overview
Opening the SapphireOne Rebate Inquiry screen will display the above list of all the users active rebate records with SapphireOne. The Rebates are initially listed in order of entry with the most recently dated at the top. You can change the sort order by simply clicking on any of the column headings. You can also change the selected column by re-clicking the column heading to change it from ascending to descending, or vice versa.
You can adjust the order of the columns by clicking on the column and dragging to the left or right. Like other List Windows, you can re-organise the information displayed by highlighting and using functions from the Options Menu.
Rebates can be applied to individual Clients or Vendors by entering their Client or Vendor ID. Rebates may also be applied to Classes of Clients or Vendors. If a particular Client or Vendor is in the class selected, they may be removed from the class by modifying their Master Record.
The user may add a Promotion by highlighting a Rebate record and selecting the Add Promotion option in the SapphireOne Tools Menu.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on screen. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of Sales Invoices has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
Rebate Inquiry Details Page
- Sequence Number – SapphireOne will automatically enter a Unique Sequence number for the rebate.
- Company – SapphireOne will enter the Company that the user is logged into.
- Start and Finish Date – A start and finish date must be entered for the rebate record. A pop-up Calendar is available for the entry of all dates by clicking on the underlined Start and Finish headings.
- Review – A Review date may be entered here. Please note that this is directly linked to the Email Alarm data entry field.
- Email Alarm – When the Review Date is reached SapphireOne will automatically send an email alert to the email recipient as entered into the Email Alarm data entry field.
- Document Paperclip – Attach documents related to the record by selecting the paperclip icon. If any documents are already attached to the record the paperclip will alter from red to green and the number of documents will be displayed to the right of the paperclip.
There is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of the first page of all data entry and all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. Within all data entry and inquiry screens there is also a separate page just for managing documents i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or relevant record. An infinate number of documents may be attached to a transaction or record at any time.
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop-up will be displayed.
Please note, the Document List screenshot below is identical for both Mac and Windows users.
Any type of document can be attached using the Paperclip. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. The appropriate software must be installed on the computer or device before opening.
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version.
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
- Inventory Class – The Rebate may be linked to an Inventory Class by entering the Class here. You can search for the Class by clicking on the underlined In Class heading, or by entering the wildcards ‘@’ symbol or ‘?’ symbols into the field to bring up a list of all available Classes within SapphireOne. If this Inventory Class data entry field is left blank SapphireOne will assume that ALL Classes of Inventory will apply for this rebate record.
- Job Project – The Rebate may be linked to a Job Project by entering a Job Project ID here.
Link Details Area
The Link Details area contains five radio buttons. The user first has the option of selecting either Clients or Vendors. Once these have been selected the user can select if this rebate record is to be applied to an Individual Client or Vendor ID, or to Classes of Clients or Vendors. The Class Individual option refers to individual rebate tiers set within a Class rebate. For example, when an individual has an $100,000 tier to reach within a $1 million dollar class tier.
The data entry field headings in the lower section of this area will alter depending on selections made from the five radio buttons. Once the radio buttons have been selected these Client and Vendor data entry fields are wildcard ‘@’ or ‘?’ searchable. Select your radio button options first before entering the required data into the data entry fields.
The Terms area is where the Rebate terms are setup and calculated.
The Rebate Period may be set up as Monthly, Quarterly, Half Yearly or Yearly by making a selection from the drop-down menu. SapphireOne will the look at the current period the data file is in to determine what Current Period to display.
Any number of Tiers may set up for each rebate record. The Tiers are displayed in the line entry area when they are entered and provides options for multiple targets and rebates. Each line entered represents a tier in the rebate record.
Select the and buttons to add and remove tier lines.
The two Target columns are interlinked and outlined in more detail below. Only one column requires a entered value and the other Target column will be auto-calculated by SapphireOne.
|Target($):||$ Target of Sales. The amount entered in this field will auto-calculate the Target % field based on the initial Target $ value.|
|Target(%):||% increase of Target $. The value entered in this field will auto-calculate the Target $ field based on the initial Target $ amount.|
|Type:||Click in the actual line in the Type column and a drop-down menu will be displayed. This allows the selection of either a $ or % Rebate that is to be given.|
|Rebate:||Displays the historical number of the period for the rebate record, determined by the terms of the selected rebate period (monthly, quarterly, half yearly, yearly).|
The History Area stores historical data for the rebate record.
Select the Recalc History button to recalculate all current historical data for this rebate record.
|Period:||Displays the historical number of the period for the rebate record, determined by the terms of the selected rebate period (monthly, quarterly, half yearly, yearly).|
|Rebate:||Displays the rebate paid/received for the period.|
|Period Sales:||Displays the tally of sales achieved for the period.|
Rebate Inquiry Promotions Page
The Promotions Page is for entering inventory items that are to be excluded from a Rebate sales tally whilst the item is on promotion. It is directly linked to the radio buttons on the Details Page.
Click into the data entry field and enter the data as required.
|and||Use these buttons to Add or Delete a Promotional Line.|
|Inventory ID:||Click into the line to directly enter the Inventory ID. Alternatively enter the wildcard ‘@’ or ‘?’ symbols to select from a list of all Inventory within the Company data file.|
|Name:||SapphireOne will automatically enter the name of the Inventory item.|
|Start:||Enter a Start date for the Promo that the Inventory item is to be excluded from the Rebate Sales tally.|
|Finish:||Enter a Finish date for the Promo that the Inventory item is to be excluded from the Rebate Sales tally.|
Rebate Inquiry Long Term Incentive Page
The Long Term Incentive Page defines the terms for a Long Term Incentive rebate. This Page is very similar to the Rebates Details Page as outlined above.
- Start and Finish – A Start and a Finish date must be entered for the long term incentive period. A pop-up Calendar is available for selecting date ranges by clicking on the underlined Start and Finish headings.
- Review – A Review date may be entered here and is directly linked to the Email Alarm data entry field.
- Email Alarm – When the Review Date is reached SapphireOne will automatically send an email to the email address as entered into the Email Alarm data entry field.
Any number of Long Term Incentive tiers may be entered here. Each tier is entered on a line by line basis.
The two Target columns are interlinked and outlined in more detail below. Only one column requires a value entered and the other Target column will be auto-calculated by SapphireOne.
|and Buttons:||Use these buttons to Add or Delete a Promotional Line.|
|Target $:||When the Target % is entered this field will auto-calculate Target $ value.|
|Target %:||When the Target $ is entered this field will auto-calculate the Target % value.|
|Type:||Click in the actual line in the Type column and a drop-down menu will be displayed. This allows the selection of either a $ or % calculation for the rebate.|
|Rebate:||When the Rebate $ is entered this field will auto-calculate the Rebate % value.|
|Achieved:||This checkbox will auto tick when the Year To Date figure reaches the Target $ Amount.|
The History area displays historical details held by SapphireOne for the Long Term Incentive.
|Year Start Date:||Displays the Start Date of Incentive year.|
|Year End Date:||Displays the End Date of Incentive year.|
|Inital Target:||Displays the initial Target $ value for the incentive year.|
|Actual Sales:||Displays the total of Actual Sales for the incentive year.|
|Inc %:||This column displays as a % the increase in Sales based on previous years’ actuals. Note that for the first year will display 0 or no value.|
|Rebate Rec:||This column displays the $ amount of rebate received.|
How to Create Rebate Reports
Open the Rebate Inquiry screen and select the Print icon in the Main Toolbar to display the print dialog pop-up. Please note that all reports created will be for the list that is currently displayed on the screen.
|Printer:||Asks SapphireOne to send the report straight to the Printer.|
|Custom Report:||A custom report can be created by the user. Once selected SapphireOne will use this option on the Print Destination menu.|
|Quick Report:||Selecting this option will open the Quick Report function.|
|CSV:||SapphireOne will generate a CSV file.|
|Rebate:||Standard Rebate report on all rebates in the list onscreen.|
|LTI:||Standard Long Term Incentive report on all Long Term Incentive rebates in the list onscreen.|
|Rebate & LTI:||Combined report on Rebates and Long Term Incentive.|
|Rebate Period Sales:||Displays rebates on a period by period basis.|
|Custom Report:||Custom report which must be created by the user.|
The Documents Page is used to store and record documents and information relating to data entry, transactions and master tables.
Any type of document can be attached to the Documents area. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files and more.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality, simply drag a document or file from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
Please note that when creating a new record in SapphireOne, you are unable to attach a document until the record has an entered ID.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. (The appropriate software must be installed on the local computer or device).
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a popup which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. (The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version).
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to this transaction. (The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local computer, device or network).
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted transaction or record.
- When the Add button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer or device.
The Title and Type of the document are displayed in the Details Area.
Last Modified Area
The documents area keeps a record of the Time and Date of when the document was last modified in addition to who initially added it.
The links area allows you to record links to other places this document has been attached to. You can add and remove Links using (+) and (-) .
The history area records changes made to the document.
Any relevant notes which relate to the document may be recorded here. Clicking the green clock icon will add a date/time stamp.