Delivery Run Overview
The SapphireOne Delivery Run function has been added as a precursor to the Manifest function which is the next item in the drop-down list of Manager functions. It is a pre-manifest and assists the user to create a Manifest automatically. From this Delivery Run function, the tool used to link to Manifest is Create Manifest Run. This will be added to the Manifest Inquiry that will allow users to create the Manifests for each Delivery Run.
The SapphireOne Delivery Run function allows for the creation of specific Delivery Runs, and it also has the ability for Individual Clients to be linked to a Delivery Run. Clients can then be sorted into a particular run sequence or order with the use of arrow keys. This would then correspond with the order on the run that the deliveries will be sequenced.
A SapphireOne Tool named Create Manifest Run exists. From a Manifest Inquiry selecting the Create Manifest Run would then link the Client Orders due for that day’s delivery in the pre-determined Delivery Run sequence. This function allows the user to organise the delivery of item by carrier. A carrier could be a Postal Service or a Courier/Freight company.
Delivery Run Inquiry
To obtain full details for the SapphireOne Delivery Run you can Look by selecting a Delivery Run and then selecting . To Modify a Delivery Run you can double click on the Delivery Run, or you can click on the Delivery Run once and select the Modify icon. Both screens look the same but only by selecting Modify can you amend the data. To create a new Delivery Run, click on the New icon or use the keyboard shortcut.
Choosing between a Standard Inquiry and a Custom Inquiry Screen
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected the system will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
Delivery Run Details Page
When first Looking or Modifying a Delivery Run Inquiry the Details Page is the first and only Page the user is presented with. This allows the user to Set Up or Modify a delivery Run by selecting clients to add to a run.
Delivery Run Area
- Sequence – A unique sequence is automatically assigned.
- Name – A name may be assigned to the delivery run.
- Notes – You may enter any relevant notes to the delivery run. The clock allows you to add a Date/Time stamp to the notes.
You may manually add clients to the Delivery Run.
Post Code Area
You may add specific Post Codes to the Delivery Run. Any new clients that use this physical post code will then be added automatically to the Delivery Run.