Additions and Deductions Overview
Additions and Deductions allow you to schedule additional lines to Inventory transactions based on the Inventory items already added. For example, you may add a levy deduction, then based off the inventory contained in the levy deduction SapphireOne will automatically add a line to your transaction for a levy.
To set up this functionality the user must first create a non diminishing Inventory Item for the Addition or Deduction as required.The user then selects the Additions / Deductions option from the Inventory drop down menu on the main toolbar. The following items should be considered.
- Linked Inventory – Any Addition or Deduction may be linked to any one or all of the Base Inventory items.
- Inventory Data entry – Apart from the ID and Name of the Inventory Item, no additional data is to be entered to it as SapphireOne will look in the Inventory Item first, and then proceed to the Addition / Deduction it has been linked to for additional details.
- ID’s – The ID entered here for an Addition or Deduction is not linked outside this function, so the same ID may be used here and for the Inventory Item it is linked to if required. Of course they can be different, so some planning of ID’s will be required if you are an importer or grower and have to deal with a number of scenarios with a number of levies deductions to be considered.
- Usage – Once set up correctly, SapphireOne will append an additional Inventory line to transactions automatically removing the requirement for users to remember to add these items to the transaction.
Additions and Deductions Inquiry
To obtain full details for your Additions and Deductions, select either Look or Modify. To Edit you can either double click on your Additions and Deductions or you can click on the line once and select Modify .
Inventory Addition / Deduction Area
- Radio Buttons – First select whether this rule is to be an Addition or a Deduction. When Deduction is selected a value will be removed from an item, while for an Addition, a value will added to an item.
- ID – Enter the ID for the new rule. If you plan to have a number of them give some consideration to the ID’s that you will be giving to these rules.
- Name – Enter in a Name for the new rule. If you plan to have a number of them give some consideration to the Name that you will be giving to these rules.
- Type – Select from Levy, Royalty, Freight and Pallet.
- Calculation – A calculation may be setup for an Addition or Deduction. This is based on the selection made for the radio buttons which is the first option when entering data in to this area. The options are the same for a Deduction or an Addition.
- Fixed amount – This is entered as a dollar amount and will be added or removed from each Inventory item.
- % of Transaction – This is added to or removed from the total value of the transaction.
- Rate per Qty – A rate entered as a percentage will be added to or removed from an item based on the quantity in the invoice.
- Rate per Weight – Entered as a percentage or fixed value.
- Rate per Pallet – Pallet companies charge for the supply of pallets so this charge may be added as a fixed value for each pallet that is used on an invoice.
Any notes that are required for this class may be entered here. You can select the Green clock icon to add Time and Date stamps to your notes. You can also highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to your preference.
Linked Inventory Area
In the Linked Inventory Area individual Inventory items may be linked to the Addition / Deduction by using the button. A group of Inventory items may be linked at the same time by selecting Multi Link button at the bottom of the screen.
The Linked Inventory Area will then display a list of Inventory items which the Additions and Deductions rule is now linked to.