This inquiry allows the viewing of the data from the individual sales, purchase lines and Point of Sale (POS) within transactions that have updated the Inventory file. This inquiry displays all the line items that have affected the Inventory file. These are recorded in the form of quantities that relate to Purchases, Sales, and Adjustments. These details are provided for all types of inventory items including Normal, Non-Diminishing, Serial and Batch etc.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected the system will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
You may view the original entry by double clicking on a line or by selecting the Look button.
Once a line has been selected it may be viewed as seen below.
Sales Line Details
There are a number of areas where the data for the sales line is displayed. The area to the right has the following details displayed about the Client or Vendor.
- Client or Vendor Details
- ID – The Client or Vendors ID will be displayed here.
- Date In – The date that the transaction was entered.
- Delivery – The date that deliver was expected.
- Internal & External – The Internal and External numbers for the transaction.
- Rep ID- The Representatives ID.
- Sequence – The unique sequence number for the transaction.
- Inventory Details
- Inventory ID – This is the Inventory ID with the suffix ~1 showing its location.
- Name – The name of the Inventory item.
- Units – The inventory units if entered.
- Ordered – This is the quantity originally ordered if ordered as an OCI and then converted to a SCI. (Will always appear as 0 if originally ordered as an SCI).
- BackOrder – This is the quantity ordered on Back Order if ordered as an OCI then converted to an SCI. (May appear as more than 0 if the transaction was originally an OCI then converted to an SCI and there was a back-order component to it.
- Deliver/Qty – This is the quantity that was delivered.
- Rate – (For a single item) – The rate or price that the items was sold or purchased for.
- Discount – This is any discount that was given to the Client or by the Vendor.
- Tax & % – This is any tax that is applicable to this transaction. In this case the S Tax Code in Australia is taxed at 10%. The following field displays the tax as a monetary value for the line, either sales or purchases.
- Tax – This is the total amount of tax in this line.
- Total – (Quantity times Rate) – This is the total for this line and includes tax .
- Project – If a project has been linked to this line it will be displayed here.
- Asset – If an asset has been linked to this line it will be displayed here.
- Weight – (Item weight times quantity) -If weight has been entered for the item to gross weight will be displayed here .
- Carton – If the carton details have been entered the carton details will be calculated here.
- Pallet – If the pallet details have been entered the carton details will be calculated here.
Printing a Sales Lines from History
Print alert options
Report Types (for Sale Lines):
|Sales Lines:||Subtotalled sales lines report.|
|Margin Analysis:||Subtotalled sales margin analysis report.|
|Mark-up Analysis:||Subtotalled sales mark-up analysis report.|
|Allocation Analysis:||Subtotalled allocation analysis report.|
|Style 1 – Totals:||This report gives MTD, YTD and LYTD figures in a single column break analysis, with totals only.|
|Style 2 – Totals:||This report gives MTD, YTD and LYTD figures in a two-column analysis, with totals only.|
|Style 3 – Totals:||This report gives MTD, YTD and LYTD figures in a three-column analysis, with totals only.|
|Wide 1 – Totals:||This report gives MTD and YTD figures in a single column break analysis, with totals only.|
|Wide 2 – Totals:||This report gives MTD, LYMTD, YTD and LYTD figures in a single column break analysis, with totals only.|
|Wide 1 – Detailed:||This report gives MTD and YTD figures in a single column break analysis, with detailed lines.|
|Wide 2 – Detailed:||This report gives MTD, LYMTD, YTD and LYTD figures in a single column break analysis, with detailed lines.|
|Wide Sales Lines:||This creates a full report on all sales lines.|
|Sales & Purchase Ledger:||This creates a Sales and Purchase Ledger report.|
|Serial Number Breakdown:||This creates a detailed report on serial numbers.|
|Customer Order Card:||This report produces a card type order for a customer.|
|Sales Volume Review:||This report produces a report based on the volume or quantity.|
|Sales Volume Review by Class:||This report produces a report that shows the sales volume attributed to each class of Inventory|
|Inventory Produced x Profile:||This report produces a report on what has been produced for each profile.|
|Shortage Report x Inventory Class:||This report enables the user to check which classes are in short supply.|
|GL Transaction x Period x Account:||This report prints a report of sales by period and then by G/L account|
|Custom Report:||This is a custom report|
Report Sort Order
The Types available are..
- GL Only
- Clients Only
- Vendors Only
- Cash Only
The two drop-down menus in the Break Configuration Area can be seen in the screenshot above. Note that the Related File List menu is showing the main menu items available. By default it will open with the HJournal Lines open and display them.
When you select one of the other items as shown in the screenshot above there are additional fields as subsets for you to select from.
Once the appropriate field has been selected SapphireOne will place the data in the Break List Box where the field may be manipulated by either clicking on the line to bring up an options box or selecting ascending or descending order by clicking on the direction arrows .
- In the Calculations area enter the period you wish to report on in the Period entry field.
- By clicking on the Use Header Period checkbox SapphireOne will report on the period entered in the Client or Vendor Transaction Screen rather than the period set by inventory.
Selecting the Sales Based checkbox tells SapphireOne that the report is to be Sales based (reports sales in positive terms and stock in negative terms) as opposed to Inventory based (reports sales in negative terms and stock in positive terms).
If any of the Wide Report Types are selected in the main print dialog screen and select Report Controls is also selected, more flexibility is enabled in the Calculations area under the button.
Columns A, B, and C drop-down menus allow the user to select the information that is to be inserted in each column required in the report.
The Sales Line Report will automatically report on all sales lines displayed in the Inquiry Screen unless the checkbox has been selected and the appropriate processing option radio button is chosen.
- The field is for information use only and will not print on the report.
- The and fields will print header and footer details on the report.
- Click to save the report settings and return to the Sales Lines Report Screen.
- You may now select the button in the Sales Lines Report Screen to preview and print the report.
The buttons across the bottom of the Select Report Controls screen perform the following functions.
- Selecting the button will cause SapphireOne to display the Sales and Purchases Selection screen seen to the right.
- Reports created in this Sales Lines Inquiry can be saved for future use by selecting the button. Don’t forget to select a specific name for the report and to place it in a location that you will remember.
- Saved reports can be recalled using the button and selecting the name of the saved report.
- The button will clear all options selected within this screen enabling a new report to be created from start again.