The Client Credit data entry screen allows you to allocate Credits to specified Clients, and is normally used in the case when goods are returned by the Client. Things to know before entering a Client Credit:
- Once the Client Credit has been entered, and the green tick selected, SapphireOne will automatically proceed to the Allocation screen.
- The Allocation screen enables allocation of the amount in the Client Credit to a Client.
- A point to remember, this is the reverse of an Allocation for a Client. Normally you allocate amounts received from a Client.
- The Client Credit allocates an amount to Client Invoice which reduces the amount owing.
Any data entry field that has a light blue background is a linked data entry field. If you do not know the exact ID to enter, the user may replace some or all of the characters with the “@” or “?” characters. SapphireOne will then display a much shorter list for the user to select the correct ID from. For example,if the user enters “K@” SapphireOne will display all records beginning with K.
When a data entry field heading is underlined this indicates that once an ID has been entered the user may then click on the underlined heading. SapphireOne will then do a specific query for the ID as entered and display a list with just the single item in it. The user may then view or modify the item as normal.
How to enter details in the Client Credit Transaction area:
- Client ID – Enter the Client ID and the Clients name will be displayed just below the Client ID.
- Ext Ref – The External reference number is an additional field to record any reference number that the client may provide.
- Credit No – Is the sequentially generated number which you can elect to have a suffix or preference specified in Master Defaults. There is also the option to over type with your unique Credit number if required.
- Total – Enter the Total Cost of the transaction including Tax.
- Date In – SapphireOne Accounting Software will automatically enter in today’s date.
- To select an alternative date, click on the underlined Date In for a pop-up calendar or manually type in the date.
- Period – SapphireOne Accounting Software will automatically enter in the current Period or the Period relating to the manual Date you entered.
- To select a different period, click on the underlined Period for a pop-up period list.
- Some Periods may not appear on the list as they may be locked (i.e. Transactions for the period are complete and have been locked by a user in master defaults).
- Memo – Enter any notes to assist with inquiries in the future. i.e. Warranty claims.
- Document Paperclip – Scan and attach any documents relating to the Client Invoice.
There is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of the first page of all data entry and all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. Within all data entry and inquiry screens there is also a separate page just for managing documents i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or relevant record. An infinate number of documents may be attached to a transaction or record at any time.
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop-up will be displayed.
Please note, the Document List screenshot below is identical for both Mac and Windows users.
Any type of document can be attached using the Paperclip. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. The appropriate software must be installed on the computer or device before opening.
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version.
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
Information Tab Area
The Client Credit Information area is used to display extra information about the current entry. You may only view information here, not alter it.
- Client – This Tab displays details about the Client ie Total Due displayed by the relevant terms, Credit Remaining and Warning Message.
- Controls – This lists the details of when the transaction was entered, posted and by whom. This Tab also displays the total value of the allocation.
- Allocation – This Tab displays linked data records when there has been an allocation.
- G.L. – This displays the General Ledger details for the account entered in the current invoice.
- Project – If a project has been entered, the project details will be displayed under this tab i.e. Project Name.
- Trans. – This tab displays the last 20 transactions. By selecting a historical transaction and then right mouse click you can: Copy Transaction, Copy Lines, Open In Inquiry.
- Error Code – Normally any error information is displayed under the controls Tab. However, the information displayed there is concise and any additional information on an error in a transaction is displayed under this Error Code tab. This is especially useful when there are multiple errors within the one transaction.
Standing Transactions Area
The Client Credit Standing Transactions area is used to set up recurring transactions and controls how often the record is to be created for each period. A Standing Transaction is usually given a Start Date and a Finish Date.
- Scheduled – For the frequency that this transaction is to created you may select Monthly, 30 Days, Fortnightly, Weekly, Yearly or Other.
- SapphireOne will by default not set any Start/Next or Stop dates as they must be user selected from the date picking calendar provided or entered manually.
The Client Credit Destination area is where the lines are stored that go to make up this transaction. Depending on the transaction, this can be from a single line in accounts mode to a hundred or more in Inventory mode. How to enter details in the Transaction Destination area:
All of the lines in the Destination area, are listed here. The list itself, only displays the basic details of each Line. You cannot directly edit from this list.
To view or modify any line in this Line Listing area, select or highlight a line.
All of the additional data entry fields will then be displayed for you immediately above the list of lines.
From there the user is able to view or modify all of the data entry fields for the line as required.
The easiest way to add a line is with the keyboard shortcut. Hold the (Command or Control key down and select forward slash (/). SapphireOne will then place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field ready for the entry of a new line. Alternatively, selecting the button will also place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field, ready for the entry of a new line.
Lines may also be added to the transaction by clicking on the button or selecting the button to delete the currently highlighted line.
- Account – This is a linked field and the User can use the Wildcard [( @ or ? ) and TAB ] option to search for the ‘Account ID’.
- Account Name – Once the Account ID is selected, SapphireOne will automatically populate this field with the account name.
- Net Amount – Type in the Net Amount. This is the amount minus tax OR TAB though and enter in Total Amount. SapphireOne will either forward or reverse calculate the tax as required.
- Tax Code – Use the Wildcard ( @ or ? )options to search for the appropriate ‘Tax Code ID’ or accept the default ID.The % field will automatically populate with the appropriate tax percentage based on the tax code selected. If you would like to change the tax code, simply over-type. The Tax Codes are set up on a Company by Company basis and may be viewed or set up by going to:
- Go to Mode drop-down menu in the top left corner and Select Utilities.
- In the top tool bar under Controls select Company.
- Click on the company you would like to set up the tax code.
- Go to Page drop-down menu in the top left corner.
- Select ‘Periods & Taxes’ to set up the Tax Codes
- Amount – SapphireOne Accounting Software will automatically populate this field with the appropriate tax as a dollar amount based on the tax code selected.
- Total – If the User has entered in the Net Amount, SapphireOne will automatically populate this field of the total amount based on the amount and tax amount. The user may also enter the total including tax and SapphireOne will re-calculate the amount.
- Project – Is a linked field and the User can use the Wildcard (@ or ? ) and TAB ] option to search for the Project ID. A retention can be set by the project, which will automatically apply a retention. The percentage retained is displayed, and this may be altered on an invoice by invoice basis if required.
- Project Name – Once the Project ID is selected, SapphireOne will automatically populate this field with the Project Name.
- Notes – Any additional information relating to each transaction line can be inserted here.
- Company – This button is only visible if you have multiple companies set up in your SapphireOne data file. It will direct you to a new screen where you can manage and allocate percentages or fixed amounts across the various companies.
Transaction Footer Area
The Client Credit Transaction Footer is the information bar along the bottom of the screen, and allows you to check the critical details of a transaction. These details include:
- Sequence – SapphireOne Accounting Software automatically generates a sequence number.
- Batch – SapphireOne Accounting Software automatically generates the batch total. This is the total of all the client invoice that have been entered at any given time.
- Out of Balance – SapphireOne Accounting Software automatically generates the Out of Balance Total. The Out of Balance amount must be 0.00 to enable the saving of a record.
- Rules Level – This is a linked field. The User can click on the Rules Level and a pop-up Organisation Chart will appear. Select the Level you would like to apply and hit ok.
- Tag – A drop-down menu allows the User to mark the record with a tag
- Note that a tag of HOLD is hardwired into SapphireOne. When it is selected the transaction may not be posted until the tag status of HOLD is removed or altered to something other than HOLD.
- Most of the Tag Headings are user configurable.
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
Utilities \ Controls \ Master Defaults \ then select the appropriate functions Page
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
- All of the items in the Tag drop down lists may be created by the user.
- The drop-down menus are created by entering in an item not on the list, then (tab away). SapphireOne will ask if you want to add the new tag to the list.
- To remove a tag, hold the Control or Command key down and then select it. You will be asked if you want to remove it from the list.
SapphireOne checks that each transaction entry is complete and balanced before allowing any saving operation. When the Out of Balance is 0.00 the tick, will activate in the top tool bar indicating to the user that the transaction is ready to be saved. When more than a single transaction is selected, Blue will also be displayed on the main toolbar. See below for additional details.
You can save your Transaction in one of three methods:
Select the Tick when it is activated. This will save the current transaction and return the user to the main tool bar or the list.
When multiple transactions have been selected the user may click on the tick on the tool bar with the results as seen as above.
Click on either of the the Arrows. This will tell SapphireOne to save the current transaction and open the next transaction in the list ready for data entry or modification. Also note that for what ever page is open in the transaction SapphireOne will move to the next transaction displaying the exact same page. I.e. Terms page to Terms page. Very handy when checking the same data in multiple items.
Selecting the Enter Key on the keypad. SapphireOne will then save the current transaction and opens another transaction of the same type ready for data entry. Very handy when entering multiple transactions of the same type. I.e. Client Receipt, Client Receipt.