Tracking Notes Overview
Tracking notes may be used for almost any job or project where something has to be tracked and reported on.
The layout for the screen has been made very flexible so that it may be customised and used for virtually any purpose.
The tracking note may be linked to any Client, Vendor or Job/Project in the data file. By default, SapphireOne opens up the tracking note on the Summary Tab as seen below.
Data entry is not allowed in the lower area when the Summary Tab is currently selected.
The window is in two sections, the upper section, Tracking Notes area which is displayed all the time and the lower Tabbed area which alters as the appropriate tabs are selected.
This enables the user to modify the data details in the lower tabbed areas while having immediate access to any details or selections that have to be entered or made in the Tracking Notes area.
The screenshots for the Details, Events and History tabs will only display the actual tab area itself and will not display the Tracking Notes area.
Use of the Green Buttons
These drop down menus are user creatable.
The button both Adds an item to the drop down list and also Removes an item from the drop down menu.
To Add an item to the list, left click the mouse to select the button. The pop up as seen to the right will be displayed asking for the entry of a new item for the drop down menu.
To remove an item, select the item from the drop down menu, hold the Shift key down and left click the mouse on the button. The item will be removed from the list with no further warnings.
Tracking Notes Area
- The number is generated by SapphireOne and is not alterable by the user. SapphireOne generates these numbers In ascending order and in sequence.
- All of Status, Type, Product, Document, Reference, Priority, Component and Custom data entry fields are user creatable drop down menus. (See above).
- The Client, Vendor and Project data entry fields may all be utilised to link the tracking note to a particular Client, Vendor or Project. All have a light blue background so that the entry of the @ symbol may be used to search for the correct ID to enter.
- If required, an employee may be entered into this tracking note. The data entry field is light blue so it is searchable when selecting the employee
- If necessary, a Required By date may be entered in the data entry field. As it is underlined there is a pick calendar available for the selection of a date.
- If a valid email address is entered SapphireOne will send an email to the entered address when this tracking note is closed is closed.
Notes and comments may be entered into this area.
There are 4 tabs to select from and these are Summary, Details, Events and History
- The Summary tab which SapphireOne defaults is where a brief summary of the item may be entered and is not user alterable.
- The Details Tab is when extended details of the item may be entered.
- Any Events that occur may be entered under the Events Tab. Any events that occur are listed in the area at the bottom of the screen.
- SapphireOne keeps a history of all that happens when this tracking note is altered in any way.
Data Entry Procedure
- The data entry field is automatically entered by SapphireOne looking at the currently logged in user. This data entry field may be altered if required by the user.
- The is also automatically entered by SapphireOne and may be altered by the user if required.
- The data entry field is a user creatable drop down menu and the user must enter the data here if required. If the option is in the list just select it and if it is not in the list, select the to add the item to the pick list.
- The and area is where a description of the tracking note may be entered. The reader will notice that complete formatting of text styles and colours is allowed for in this data entry field.
- The area is where additional note and comments may be entered for the tracking note. The reader will notice that complete formatting of text styles and colours is allowed for in this data entry field.
- The Hardware and Software data entry fields are searchable and both of the fields are linked to the items that are listed when an Asset Inquiry is performed.
- The data entry filed is linked to a User Inquiry. Any active user on SapphireOne will be included in the pick list and may be selected in this data entry field. If correctly entered the user surname and first name will automatically be displayed by SapphireOne
Any Events that have an effect on the tracking note may be entered here. Three user created drop down menus are provided for the entry of data. There is a space where notes may be entered concerning the event.
Data Entry Procedure
Data entry for the events tab is very simple. First select the button in the lower right hand corner of the screen to create a new event. This will cause SapphireOne to enter in the current date and the user who is entering this event. The only drop down menu that should have an entry is the drop down menu as this give the event a name or type. Then select from or create items for the remaining tree drop down menus if required.
As each event is save SapphireOne displays these as list in the lower section of the window. Any event may be remove from the list by selecting the button in the lower right hand corner of the window.
The details under the History Tab store details of any changes made to this tracking note. As may be seen below in the screen shot below the Date, by user and some details are stored. These details are kept by SapphireOne and users are not permitted to alter these details.