Mail Book Overview
Keeping track of physical items being sent by mail or courier of some description requires some sort of tracking and it is usually a book.
This is usually a Mail Book of some description and is used as a reference when needed for date of postage of letters and packages of all types.
This function is designed to replace that Mail Book and store these details within the data file.
Mail Book Area
- First enter a Title for this Mail Book entry.
- Next select from the radio buttons if it is Mail In or Mail Out being entered.
- If the checkbox is selected there will only be three types of users who will be allowed to view or modify the Mail book record. The User who created it, System administrators, and the Person it is To provided that they have a user log in to SapphireOne.
- Next enter in the Type of mail. This menu is user creatable. Enter in a word not in the list and you will be asked if you want to add it to the List. Command click and you will be asked if you want to remove the word.
- The From and To data entry fields each have a drop down menu beside them. This selects the table that the From and To may be selected from. At present Clients, Vendors and Contacts are the only tables that the selection of From and To may be made.
- So first select the Table for the From data entry field that you want to make your selection from. We have then entered the @ symbol to do a search from the Client Table. A pop up is now displayed allowing us to select from a list of Clients in the data file.
- Next select the Table for the TO data entry field that you want to make your selection from. We then entered the @ symbol to do a search from the Vendor Table. A pop up seen to the right is now displayed allowing us to select from a list of Vendors in the data file.
- SapphireOne will enter today’s date but this may be altered if required.
- Some items have barcodes attached to the so if SapphireOne is correctly set up the bar code may be scanned in and entered here.
- If the button is selected, SapphireOne will attempt to send an email to the recipient. That is providing the recipients email address has been correctly entered into SapphireOne.
This area contains three tags.
As usual these are drop down menus that are user creatable. Enter in a new word not in the list and you will be asked if you want to add it to the List. Command click and you will be asked if you want to remove the word.
Notes about the mail book entry may be entered here.