When SapphireOne CRM contacts is first selected from the drop down menu SapphireOne displays a complete list of contacts.
- When SapphireOne CRM contacts is accessed from an Inquiry, all Contacts in SapphireOne with a status of Active will be listed as can be seen in the screenshot below.
- It should be noted that contacts, when accessed here in a SapphireOne CRM contacts Inquiry, and from the Palette, the Main tool bar operates as normal. The user simply highlights a contact and uses, Look , Modify or New from the main toolbar. When changes are to be Saved use the Save icon
- Highlighting a contact and selecting the Delete button on the main toolbar will remove the selected contact. In addition from within a table you can use the Minus button for the same result.
- Selecting the Add button on the main toolbar will start the creation of a new contact. In addition from within a table you can use the Plus button for the same result.
- ID – This is a number automatically entered by SapphireOne. When creating transactions for Clients or Vendors the first contact in the respective client list will be entered in the Contact field as a number with the name of the Contact following. If a different SapphireOne CRM contact is to be used, entering the ‘@’ or ‘?’ symbol will display a list of all the contacts for that Client or Vendor allowing a selection to be made. (This is linked with the Lookup data entry field just below).
- Mailout Checkbox – Select if this contact is to receive mail outs.
- Active Checkbox – will automatically be selected for a new SapphireOne CRM contact. If a contact is not used deselect it.
- Paperclip – Documents may be linked to a specific contact within either a Clients, Vendors, Job Projects, Assets, Employees, Client Multiple Address and Vendor Multiple Address record.
- Name – The normal entry of First name and Surname are entered here.
- Position – This is a user created drop down menu.
- Look Up – Any SapphireOne CRM contact created in the Address Page of a Clients, Vendors, Job Projects, Assets, Employees, Client Multiple Address and Vendor Multiple Address must have an entry in this field, so as to display it in the first column of the list when the button is selected, when changing the address in a transaction. The list displays the data entered into the Lookup field in the first column, followed by the address in the second column.
- Area – This is a user created drop down menu.
- Code – data entry field is another field which can be manually set and used for extra reporting, e.g., the area the contact works in, Admin, Sales etc.
- The fields Company, Rep, Class and Link are all entered from information in the Clients, Vendors, Job Projects, Assets, Employees, Client Multiple Address and Vendor Multiple Address master records. If the SapphireOne CRM contact is created here by accessing the Inquiry Palette they will all have to be entered manually.
- Order – Entering a number in the field specifies where the contact will be in the contact list on the Clients, Vendors, Job Projects, Assets, Employees, Client Multiple Address and Vendor Multiple Address inquiry screen number one being at the top of the list. If you already have a list of contacts, you will have to check the list first then make a decision as to where in the list you want this any new contacts placed. Also SapphireOne will by default enter the contact with the lowest order number into any transactions for that Clients, Vendors, Job Projects, Assets, Employees, Client Multiple Address and Vendor Multiple Address.
There is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of the first page of all data entry and all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. Within all data entry and inquiry screens there is also a separate page just for managing documents i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or relevant record. An infinate number of documents may be attached to a transaction or record at any time.
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop-up will be displayed.
Please note, the Document List screenshot below is identical for both Mac and Windows users.
Any type of document can be attached using the Paperclip. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. The appropriate software must be installed on the computer or device before opening.
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version.
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
- Provision is made for the entry of both a Postal and a Physical address. Using the Up arrow will copy the Postal address details to the Physical address fields.
SapphireOne Mapping Feature – Apple/Google Maps
A common feature available throughout SapphireOne is the ability to obtain a map view from a Physical address record. This is achieved by clicking the “Physical” heading highlighted below. This functionality is also included on Sapphire Webpack and the Sapphire Custom Webpack.
This feature is device/platform agnostic and will utilise your default Mapping application within either an app or web browser.
Lookup Details Area
- Of particular interest, here is the Type data entered by SapphireOne. This contact was created while modifying a Client so SapphireOne has automatically set as the Type code as CLLink. (CL = Client and Link = link).
Phone Details Area
- The details in this area are self-explanatory. The labels associated with the fields in the left hand columns cannot be altered. However, the labels associated with the fields in the right hand column may be altered as required by the user. To do this go to: Utilities > Controls > Master Defaults > System. The feature is located in the Contact Phone Titles area on the right hand side.
- Anywhere in SapphireOne that you see the Call icon next to a telephone number means that if you have the appropriate software installed, SapphireOne will dial the number. The icon will turn red indicating that a call is in progress. Clicking on the red icon to hang up the call.
SapphireOne’s integration with MailChimp allows client information to be automatically updated and exchanged between the SapphireOne ERP Accounting and MailChimp platforms. You can import and subscribe your client database directly from SapphireOne into MailChimp, or connect contacts individually.
The integration creates an inbuilt Marketing feature located within every SapphireOne ‘Contact’ card. This feature includes a ‘Create Member in MailChimp’ button, which allows you to automatically add your current and new contacts and their captured details directly to your chosen subscriber lists and marketing campaigns within the MailChimp platform.
Once you have added your contact to MailChimp through SapphireOne, all MailChimp marketing activities surrounding the client will be automatically recorded directly within the SapphireOne Contact card in the Marketing area.
This gives you the ability to view all marketing communication for each client within the individual Contact – including details such as the date & time the email was received, the date & time it was opened, and how many times it was viewed.
This feature also keeps an automatic record of every campaign each client has received since joining your MailChimp subscriber list, as well as how they responded, allowing you to review and plan your targeted digital marketing strategies moving forward.
The most recent three campaigns received will be displayed in the Marketing field within the Contact for your quick reference, and all previous communication history can be viewed when selecting the green Expand icon next to the ‘Create Member in MailChimp’ button.
Keywords & Notes Area
- This area can be used to make permanent notes or reminders when you deal with Contacts. When you click on the button a time stamp will be created at the beginning of the notes section [Command] places it at the end, and you can input the note straight away.
- Selecting the Expand button will make the notes screen maximise. You can click the same button again to minimise the notes the same as with the list of contacts.
The Keywords and Notes Page is identical across all Inquiry pages in SapphireOne.
The Keywords and Notes page is essentially identical across all enquiry’s in SapphireOneYou can add your own customisable keywords to the list and re-use them additionally you can add keywords that apply to this particular record. You can remove keywords from the list by holding down command MAC/Cntrl Windows.
You can add to a list of keywords or commonly used phrases. The clock works similarly to elsewhere in SapphireOne and simply adds a date/time stamp. From and to allow you to highlight a text box between the relevant date ranges.
As mentioned at the beginning of the section on the contacts the Page Menu below the mode menu in the top left hand corner of the screen has additional items on it.
- Details: The screen described earlier in this article.
- Actions: Is documented later in this manual and may be accessed from individual functions or directly from the Inquiries Palette.
- Custom: This Page seen below, allows you to set a number of custom fields, these include fields for pictures, numbers and alphanumeric characters.
This Custom Page is where the user is able to customise both the Area and Data Field Headings. This Custom Page is available in nearly every major function in SapphireOne, including Clients, Vendors, Inventory, Job Projects, Assets and Employee inquiries.
There are various numbers of Alpha, Numeric, Date and text field headings that are available for the user to customise. When the user edits these headings it is important to consider the number of characters that will fit into the space provided on the Custom page itself. A second consideration is how the headings will fit into any reports that are produced from this Custom Page.
For the existing default names as entered by SapphireOne, the first number indicates the order that it is in the group, and the second number denotes how long the actual data entry field is for the entry of user data. For example, ASAlpha_1_20 denotes that the Data Entry Field is the 1st data entry field in the group, and it will allow up to 20 characters. ASAlpha_8_80 denotes that is is the 8th data entry field in the group with a maxim limit of 80 Characters.