When SapphireOne CRM contacts is first selected from the drop down menu SapphireOne displays a complete list of contacts.
- When SapphireOne CRM contacts is accessed from an Inquiry, all Contacts in SapphireOne with a status of Active will be listed as can be seen in the screenshot below.
- It should be noted that contacts, when accessed here in a SapphireOne CRM contacts Inquiry, and from the Palette, the Main tool bar operates as normal. The user simply highlights a contact and uses, Look , Modify or New from the main toolbar. When changes are to be Saved use the Save icon
- Highlighting a contact and selecting the Delete button on the main toolbar will remove the selected contact. In addition from within a table you can use the Minus button for the same result.
- Selecting the Add button on the main toolbar will start the creation of a new contact. In addition from within a table you can use the Plus button for the same result.
- ID – This is a number automatically entered by SapphireOne. When creating transactions for Clients or Vendors the first contact in the respective client list will be entered in the Contact field as a number with the name of the Contact following. If a different SapphireOne CRM contact is to be used, entering the ‘@’ or ‘?’ symbol will display a list of all the contacts for that Client or Vendor allowing a selection to be made. (This is linked with the Lookup data entry field just below).
- Mailout Checkbox – Select if this contact is to receive mail outs.
- Active Checkbox – will automatically be selected for a new SapphireOne CRM contact. If a contact is not used deselect it.
- Paperclip – Documents may be linked to a specific contact within either a Clients, Vendors, Job Projects, Assets, Employees, Client Multiple Address and Vendor Multiple Address record.
- Name – The normal entry of First name and Surname are entered here.
- Position – This is a user created drop down menu.
- Look Up – Any SapphireOne CRM contact created in the Address Page of a Clients, Vendors, Job Projects, Assets, Employees, Client Multiple Address and Vendor Multiple Address must have an entry in this field, so as to display it in the first column of the list when the button is selected, when changing the address in a transaction. The list displays the data entered into the Lookup field in the first column, followed by the address in the second column.
- Area – This is a user created drop down menu.
- Code – data entry field is another field which can be manually set and used for extra reporting, e.g., the area the contact works in, Admin, Sales etc.
- The fields Company, Rep, Class and Link are all entered from information in the Clients, Vendors, Job Projects, Assets, Employees, Client Multiple Address and Vendor Multiple Address master records. If the SapphireOne CRM contact is created here by accessing the Inquiry Palette they will all have to be entered manually.
- Order – Entering a number in the field specifies where the contact will be in the contact list on the Clients, Vendors, Job Projects, Assets, Employees, Client Multiple Address and Vendor Multiple Address inquiry screen number one being at the top of the list. If you already have a list of contacts, you will have to check the list first then make a decision as to where in the list you want this any new contacts placed. Also SapphireOne will by default enter the contact with the lowest order number into any transactions for that Clients, Vendors, Job Projects, Assets, Employees, Client Multiple Address and Vendor Multiple Address.
SapphireOne Document Management System (DMS) includes a Paper Clip icon on all data entry and inquiry screens and allows users to attach relevant documents or files to every transaction or record. Additionally, every data entry and inquiry screen within SapphireOne also contains a separate Page specifically for managing documents related to the transaction i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are currently no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or record.
SapphireOne Document Management functionality can store any type of file or document, and an infinite number of documents may be stored for an unlimited amount of time. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Within SapphireOne Master Defaults, there are settings available for the user to restrict the size of each individual document, and also to select where the documents are to be stored – within the data file itself or in a seperate folder. These options may be altered by going to Utilities > Controls > Master Defaults > System Page. Within the Documents area in the right hand corner of the System Page, there is a provision for the user to set the ‘Document Size Limit’ (the default size is 10Mb). There are also two radio buttons where the user can select ‘Store with Data File’ as part of the data file, and ‘Store as Files’ seperate to the data file.
To attach a document to a transaction, select either the or Paperclip icon and the following Document List window will be displayed.
How to Attach Documents Using SapphireOne Paperclip
Documents can be attached using SapphireOne Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality, simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically. If SapphireOne detects that the document name already exists, a pop-up will be displayed alerting the user. Alternatively, the user can also select the Plus icon to select a document to upload from the local computer.
Once a document has been attached, the user has the ability to rename any document by right clicking on the file and selecting Rename as seen above. Renaming documents will ensure that document names remain consistent across all records.
- Open – When the button is selected, SapphireOne will open the currently selected document for viewing.
- Update – When the button is selected, SapphireOne will display a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. This functionality allows users to update and keep records of different versions of the same document. When the new version has been selected, the user will be asked to enter in a new version number. The new version will now be the document available, and all previous versions will be recorded and available within the History area of Document List screen. The new version of the document will still be linked to any transactions that the old version was.
- Scan – When the Scan button is selected, SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to scan a document directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- Save – The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- Link Documents – The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to another transaction or multiple transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection. You can learn more about Linked Documents in the Links Area documented below.
- Link Existing Documents – The Link Existing Documents button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents. You can learn more about Linked Documents in the Links Area documented below.
- Delete – The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- Plus – When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
When a document is selected within the Documents area, the Details area will automatically populate to display additional information about the document, including the Title of the document and the Type of file.
The Notes area is for entering any notes related to the document. The user can select the green clock icon to create a time and date stamp for every note added.
The Notes area will also keep an automatic user log when any changes are made to the document. For example, if the document is renamed or new links are created. SapphireOne will record the date, time and user that made the modifications.
Document Details Area
The Document Details area contains additional information relating to the selected document, and will automatically populate when a document is selected from the list. This includes the date and time the document was appended, the document number and the user who added the document.
The History area displays a record of the complete version history of the selected document. SapphireOne keeps track of all version changes and will automatically display the documents history within this area.
The History area will automatically update as new versions of the document are imported when selecting the Update button. When a new document version is imported, all previous versions of the document will be recorded and available to view within the History area. This enables the user to always view the most recently updated version of the document, however still keep a complete record of the document history.
The Links area is used to link documents to particular areas or transactions within SapphireOne. The links area can also be used to view all linking information related to the document. For example, if the document was imported using a function with SapphireOne, the links area will have a line containing this linking information.
To add in additional links to a document, select the document and then select the Link Document icon. The Files pop up window will be displayed. From the File drop down menu, select what you want to link this document to. Then within the Value data entry field, enter in the details (ID). As this data entry field has a blue background, it is user searchable by entering the wildcard ‘?’ or ‘@’ symbols.
Document Management using SapphireOne Documents Inquiry
As well as SapphireOne Document Management Paperclip functionality, SapphireOne Documents Inquiry function within SapphireOne Workbook Mode gives users the ability to view a repository of all documents and files stored within the SapphireOne data file. Users have the ability to add New documents, Modify, View or Delete existing documents from within the Documents Inquiry screen.
Any revisions made to a document within the Documents Inquiry screen will be updated across all areas that the document is linked to across SapphireOne, and similarly any modifications made to documents within the SapphireOne Paperclip Document List window will be reflected within the Documents Inquiry window. For example, if a document is renamed within a transaction Paperclip Document List screen, the document name will also be reflected when viewing the document in the Document Inquiry screen.
You can learn more about SapphireOne Documents Inquiry functionality within the Documents Inquiry article.
- Provision is made for the entry of both a Postal and a Physical address. Using the Up arrow will copy the Postal address details to the Physical address fields.
SapphireOne Mapping Feature – Apple/Google Maps
A common feature available throughout SapphireOne is the ability to obtain a map view from a Physical address record. This is achieved by clicking the “Physical” heading highlighted below. This functionality is also included on Sapphire Webpack and the Sapphire Custom Webpack.
This feature is device/platform agnostic and will utilise your default Mapping application within either an app or web browser.
Lookup Details Area
- Of particular interest, here is the Type data entered by SapphireOne. This contact was created while modifying a Client so SapphireOne has automatically set as the Type code as CLLink. (CL = Client and Link = link).
Phone Details Area
- The details in this area are self-explanatory. The labels associated with the fields in the left hand columns cannot be altered. However, the labels associated with the fields in the right hand column may be altered as required by the user. To do this go to: Utilities > Controls > Master Defaults > System. The feature is located in the Contact Phone Titles area on the right hand side.
- Anywhere in SapphireOne that you see the Call icon next to a telephone number means that if you have the appropriate software installed, SapphireOne will dial the number. The icon will turn red indicating that a call is in progress. Clicking on the red icon to hang up the call.
SapphireOne’s integration with MailChimp allows client information to be automatically updated and exchanged between the SapphireOne ERP Accounting and MailChimp platforms. You can import and subscribe your client database directly from SapphireOne into MailChimp, or connect contacts individually.
The integration creates an inbuilt Marketing feature located within every SapphireOne ‘Contact’ card. This feature includes a ‘Create Member in MailChimp’ button, which allows you to automatically add your current and new contacts and their captured details directly to your chosen subscriber lists and marketing campaigns within the MailChimp platform.
Once you have added your contact to MailChimp through SapphireOne, all MailChimp marketing activities surrounding the client will be automatically recorded directly within the SapphireOne Contact card in the Marketing area.
This gives you the ability to view all marketing communication for each client within the individual Contact – including details such as the date & time the email was received, the date & time it was opened, and how many times it was viewed.
This feature also keeps an automatic record of every campaign each client has received since joining your MailChimp subscriber list, as well as how they responded, allowing you to review and plan your targeted digital marketing strategies moving forward.
The most recent three campaigns received will be displayed in the Marketing field within the Contact for your quick reference, and all previous communication history can be viewed when selecting the green Expand icon next to the ‘Create Member in MailChimp’ button.
Keywords & Notes Area
- This area can be used to make permanent notes or reminders when you deal with Contacts. When you click on the button a time stamp will be created at the beginning of the notes section [Command] places it at the end, and you can input the note straight away.
- Selecting the Expand button will make the notes screen maximise. You can click the same button again to minimise the notes the same as with the list of contacts.
The Keywords and Notes Page is identical across all Inquiry pages in SapphireOne.
The Keywords and Notes page is essentially identical across all enquiry’s in SapphireOneYou can add your own customisable keywords to the list and re-use them additionally you can add keywords that apply to this particular record. You can remove keywords from the list by holding down command MAC/Cntrl Windows.
As mentioned at the beginning of the section on the contacts the Page Menu below the mode menu in the top left hand corner of the screen has additional items on it.
- Details: The screen described earlier in this article.
- Actions: Is documented later in this manual and may be accessed from individual functions or directly from the Inquiries Palette.
- Custom: This Page seen below, allows you to set a number of custom fields, these include fields for pictures, numbers and alphanumeric characters.
For the existing default names as entered by SapphireOne, the first number indicates the order that it is in the group, and the second number denotes how long the actual data entry field is for the entry of user data. For example, ASAlpha_1_20 denotes that the Data Entry Field is the 1st data entry field in the group, and it will allow up to 20 characters. ASAlpha_8_80 denotes that is is the 8th data entry field in the group with a maxim limit of 80 Characters.