Workbook – General – Contacts
Differences in the Lists of Actions:
Workbook mode or the Inquiry Palette on the main toolbar
- When Actions is accessed here in Workbook mode or from the Inquiry Palette, all actions in SapphireOne with a status of Open or Hold will be listed as may seen in the screenshot above.
- The main tool bar is then used to then Add , Modify , Look or Delete an action.
From a Function
When a function has been opened for viewing or modification, there is an Action Page at the bottom of the page menu. When the Actions Page is selected, SapphireOne will filter the list of actions to display only actions that are linked to the currently open item.
- Action Linking – When the Actions Page is selected from a Job Project Inquiry, only Actions linked to the currently viewed Job Project will be listed. The only actions displayed in the list will have a status of either Open or Hold on them. While these actions may be set as completed here, the user will have to use the Actions option from either here in Workbook Mode or from the Inquiry Palette to view or modify any actions with their status set as completed. This is because the Action Inquiry function on either here in Workbook Mode or the Inquiry Palette is the only two locations that completed actions may be displayed.
- New Action – To create a new action, the user must select the icon on the main toolbar.
- Deleting an Action – To remove an action from the list, select the icon on the main toolbar.
The Action screen has seven main areas.
1. Diary area
Entering Diary area details
- Sequence – For each action SapphireOne will automatically generate a sequence number and this may not be altered by the user.
- Title – Enter a name or title for the Action.
- Type –This is a user created drop down menu.
- Action – This is user created drop down menu as usual.
- User – The current user will be entered here but this may be altered if required to any valid user and if the private checkbox is selected SapphireOne will only allow the user entered to see this action.
- Private Checkbox – If the Private checkbox is selected, the user who creates this action will be the only user who may view or modify this action.
- Status – This a standard hard wired drop down menu. The user has only three options when selecting from this menu. Open, Hold and Completed. The Status will commence as Open and if Completed is selected the current system date will be entered in to the Completed data entry field and the action will no longer be displayed in the list of Actions.
- Tag – Is a user created drop down menu and is directly linked to the Calendar in Workbook mode. To filter actions appearing in the Calendar when using Workbook mode or the Inquiry Palette select the required Tag at the top of the screen. Then only actions with that same tag will be displayed in the calendar. When you have a number of actions this will help minimise the list. This tag data entry field although not applicable to this Action function is, directly linked to an item in Master Defaults on the System Page enabling the restriction of posting and converting transactions by users.
- Link – When using the actions function from Workbook mode or the Palette SapphireOne will not insert anything into this data entry field. The user will have to manually select the link and untill they do the action will not be linked to anything in the SapphireOne data file.
- This drop down menu is user created and is directly linked to the Calendar in the Inquiry Palette. To filter actions appearing in the Calendar when using the Inquiry Palette select the required Tag at the top of the screen. Then only actions with that same tag will be displayed in the calendar. When you have a number of actions this will help minimise the list. This tag data entry field although not applicable to this Action function is, directly linked to an item in Master Defaults on the System Page enabling the restriction of posting and converting transactions by users.
Check list area
- Users may enter what they want into this area when common items are required for checking.
Date & Times area
Dates and times for an alarm may be setup in this area for the action.
- Start Date & Time – A start date and time may be set up here. A date and time picking calendars are available for data entry.
- Finish Date & Time – A Finish date and time may be set up here. A date and time picking calendars are available for data entry. In addition
- Completed – A Completed date and time may be set up here. A date and time picking calendars/dropdowns are available for data entry. The Complete date will be initially set by SapphireOne as 00. If a date is entered by the user SapphireOne will automatically mark the action as Completed when the date is reached.
Dates and time may be set up in this area for the automatic generation of email alarms.
- Date – A date is entered her for the alarm email. A date picking calendars are available for data entry.
- Time – A time is entered her for the alarm email. A time picking drop down are available for data entry.
- Email alarm checkbox – If selected SapphireOne will send an email alarm.
- Message Alarm checkbox – If selected SapphireOne will send an message alarm in the form of a pop up when a user logs into SapphireOne.
Result of an Alarm
Not all actions will be set up with an alarm date and time, but say for this example this has been done.
When an action has an alarm time set, and SapphireOne detects that this user logs in after the alarm time has been reached, a pop-up will be displayed. This pop-up will also appear at other times when the user who set up the action either enters or exits some parts of the SapphireOne program.
This message will continue to be displayed until the Alarm has had the date adjusted back or the Status has been changed from Open to either Hold or Completed.
Choices from the Alarm Message
Select [No] and the menu item you have selected will be displayed as normal.
Select [Yes] and SapphireOne will do a detailed query for the action that has been activated so that the list of actions only contains the active action.
From here you may then select the Action and then deal with it in the normal way.
Any changes to this action must now be saved with a [Tick].
- As mentioned previously, all actions are automatically linked to the function from which they are created. This message is automatically entered by SapphireOne indicates that this action was created from a Client Inquiry for the Client ARCGRO. While you are allowed to create Actions here from the palette they WILL NOT be linked to any function and so will only be displayed from Actions when accessed from the Inquiry Palette.
- Users can now have recurring actions set-up within the system.
- The Recurring Type drop down menu is also linked to the recurring data entry field. Once within an Action, users can choose from a number of Recurring Types as seen to the right. Just select the Recurring Date heading and a calendar will be displayed enabling the user to select a date for this to occur.
The notes area is where notes may be kept about the action. Making some alterations to the action will cause SapphireOne to automatically make an entry in the notes area.