This function allows the viewing of the data from the sales lines on invoice transactions that have updated the Inventory file.
This displays all the line items that have affected the Inventory file. These can be in the form of Quantities, Purchases, Sales, and Adjustments, as well as Normal, Non-Diminishing, Serial and Batch Items.
You may view the original entry by selecting the Look button
Sales Line Details
- Inventory ID: is the Inventory ID with the suffix -1 showing its location.
- Ordered: is the quantity originally ordered if ordered as an OCI and then converted to a SCI. (Will always appear as 0 if originally ordered as an SCI).
- B/O: is the quantity ordered on Back Order if ordered as an OCI then converted to an SCI. (May appear as more than 0 if the transaction was originally an OCI then converted to an SCI and there was a back-order component to it.
- Deliver: is the quantity delivered.
- Discount: is any discount that was given to the Client in this case 5%.
- Tax & Tax Code: is any tax that is applicable to this transaction in this case the S Tax Code in Australia is taxed at 10%.
- Tax: is the total amount of tax in this transaction.
- Total: is the total for this transaction and includes tax.
- Sequence: is the sequence number for this transaction.
- Inventory Name: is the name that has been assigned to the Inventory ID in the Inventory master file.
- Rate: is the cost of a single item.
- Amount: is the number of items delivered times the cost per item less any discounts.
Printing a Sales Line/s from History
The screen showing the full Sales Line/s list on a previous page is where you click on the Print button.It allows the printing of different analysis reports to check the Inventory movements.
Be aware that SapphireOne will print everything on the screen so you will have to use the (Command F ) shortcut key to find the sales lines that you want to print.
Select the records that you wish to include and select Show Subset from the Options menu before selecting the Print button.
Report Types (for Sale Lines):
|Sales Lines:||Subtotalled sales lines report.|
|Margin Analysis:||Subtotalled sales margin analysis report.|
|Mark-up Analysis:||Subtotalled sales mark-up analysis report.|
|Allocation Analysis:||Subtotalled allocation analysis report.|
|Style 1 – Totals:||This report gives MTD, YTD and LYTD figures in a single column break analysis, with totals only.|
|Style 2 – Totals:||This report gives MTD, YTD and LYTD figures in a two-column analysis, with totals only.|
|Style 3 – Totals:||This report gives MTD, YTD and LYTD figures in a three-column analysis, with totals only.|
|Wide 1 – Totals:||This report gives MTD and YTD figures in a single column break analysis, with totals only.|
|Wide 2 – Totals:||This report gives MTD, LYMTD, YTD and LYTD figures in a single column break analysis, with totals only.|
|Wide 1 – Detailed:||This report gives MTD and YTD figures in a single column break analysis, with detailed lines.|
|Wide 2 – Detailed:||This report gives MTD, LYMTD, YTD and LYTD figures in a single column break analysis, with detailed lines.|
|Wide Sales Lines:||This creates a full report on all sales lines.|
|Sales & Purchase Ledger:||This creates a Sales and Purchase Ledger report.|
|Serial Number Breakdown:||This creates a detailed report on serial numbers.|
|Customer Order Card:||This report produces a card type order for a customer.|
|Sales Volume Review:||This report produces a report based on the volume or quantity.|
|Sales Volume Review by Class:||This report produces a report that shows the sales volume attributed to each class of Inventory|
|Inventory Produced x Profile:||This report produces a report on what has been produced for each profile.|
|Shortage Report x Inventory Class:||This report enables the user to check which classes are in short supply.|
|GL Transaction x Period x Account:||This report prints a report of sales by period and then by G/L account|
|Custom Report:||This is a custom report|
The user may select the data they wish to appear in the report in the area.
The first choice is the Local File List drop-down menu followed by the Related File List drop-down menu. It should be noted that the production of reports will be much slower if fields are selected from the Related File List.
They can then be sorted ascending or descending. To modify the sort direction click on the blue arrows .
You can select to report on specific types of records.
The Types available are..
- GL Only
- Clients Only
- Vendors Only
- Cash Only
The two drop-down menus in the Break Configuration Area can be seen to the left. Note that the Related File List menu is showing the main menu items available. By default it will open with the HJournal Lines open and display them.
When you select one of the other items as shown in the screenshot to the left there are additional fields as subsets for you to select from.
Once the appropriate field has been selected SapphireOne will place the data in the Break List Box where the field may be manipulated by either clicking on the line to bring up an options box or selecting ascending or descending order by clicking on the Direction arrows .
• In the Calculations area enter the period you wish to report on in the Period entry field.
• By clicking on the Use Header Period checkbox SapphireOne will report on the period entered in the Client or Vendor Transaction Screen rather than the period set by inventory.
Selecting the Sales Based checkbox tells SapphireOne that the report is to be Sales based (reports sales in positive terms and stock in negative terms) as opposed to Inventory based (reports sales in negative terms and stock in positive terms).
If any of the Wide Report Types seen to the right are selected at the main print dialog screen Select Report Controls (See previous page) more flexibility is enabled in the Calculations area under the button.
Columns A, B, and C drop-down menus allow the user to select the information that is to be inserted in each column required in the report.
The Sales Line Report will automatically report on all sales lines displayed in the Inquiry Screen unless the checkbox has been selected and the appropriate processing option radio button is chosen.
- The field is for information use only and will not print on the report.
- The and fields will print header and footer details on the report.
- Click to save the report settings and return to the Sales Lines Report Screen.
- You may now select the button in the Sales Lines Report Screen to preview and print the report.
The buttons across the bottom of the Select Report Controls screen perform the following functions.
- Selecting the button will cause SapphireOne to display the Sales and Purchases Selection screen seen to the right.
- Reports created in this Sales Lines Inquiry can be saved for future use by selecting the button. Don’t forget to select a specific name for the report and to place it in a location that you will remember.
- Saved reports can be recalled using the button and selecting the name of the saved report.
- The button will clear all options selected within this screen enabling a new report to be created from start again.