Start New Pay Overview
The SapphireOne Start New Pay facility sets a new Payrun in motion. This signifies the previous Payroll has now been completed successfully. Starting a new SapphireOne Pay Run will trigger all defaults for the employees that are selected for this new Pay Run. These available defaults include Leave, Annual Leave, Long Service Leave, Deductions, Superannuation Contributions, both compulsory and voluntary, healthcare benefits or deductions and any type of addition or deduction that may either apply to the Employee Award or Employee Workplace agreement.
Various available options in this screen allow the Pay Run to be applied to relevant employees only for a chosen period.
This facility is located at Payroll/HR > Payroll > Start New Pay.
Start New Pay Procedure
Selecting Start New Pay will result in the following screen.
- The user has the option of starting a pay run for various pay periods from Weekly, Fortnightly, Bi-Monthly, Monthly and Four Weekly. One or more selections may be made.
- You may also elect to start just one or more employee’s by entering in the ID and then selecting the button to add them to the Pay Run. For example, type in an Employee’s ID and select the button, then type in the next Employee’s ID and select the button again. Entering in an Employee department or Class and then selecting the button will add all of the employees in the selected Department or Class.
- You would normally only have remaining Working Transactions if any employees from the previous Pay Run were not included in a Pay Run function being executed for them. Alternatively this might occur if a month end wasn’t completed. You may also want to utilise this facility if you are deliberately clearing some earlier Working Transactions. The most common reason for clearing working transactions would be after making changes to any employees Standing Transactions and these changes need to be incorporated into their standing Transaction records before the next Pay run is executed.
- All of the selected Employee’s Standing Transactions are copied into the Working Transactions temporary file for the Pay Run.
- This action can be re-run, should you find permanent changes are required to be made to the current Pay Run data and all future Pay Runs.