Working Days Overview
The Working Days Inquiry screen within SapphireOne PayRoll/HR provides a complete view of all employees individual days worked listed by date. This is an optional feature that can be activated within a Working Transaction Inquiry.
When entering a Working Transaction for a pay-run there is the ability to mark individual dates within the working period/Payroll cycle. The individual working dates of selected employees will then be logged within the Working Days Inquiry screen as outlined to follow.
The Working Days are initially listed in order of entry with the most recent date at the top. You can change the sort order by clicking on any of the column headings. repeated clicks will toggle between ascending to descending.
You can adjust the order of the columns by clicking on the column and dragging it to the left or right. Like all list Windows, within SapphireOne you can re-organise the information displayed by highlighting and using functions from the Options Menu.
From this list you can utilise the View or Look button to assess the Working Days. The information is for viewing only and no modifications can be made from within the Working Days Inquiry screen.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
- Sequence – This displays the unique sequence number generated by SapphireOne for the transaction.
- Employee – This displays the Employee ID and Name.
- Date – This displays the date of the work day.
- Type – This code displays the Type of transaction.
- Status – This code denotes 0 for unposed and 1 for posted. A format that is consistent with all SapphireOne status codes.
- PayRun – This indicates the PayRun number.
Working Days Calendar
Within a Working Transaction Inquiry screen there is the option to view the SapphireOne Working Days calendar. The calendar gives the user the ability to view all employee working days within a calendar view. Days highlighted in green indicate that the employee worked on this particular day.
Within the Marking Type dropdown list there are three options which include Working Days, Leave and Public Holidays. Once a selection is made, selecting a calendar day will flag that day accordingly.
In the top right hand corner of the calendar there is a “Prefill” button which will automatically prefill the data from the Working Transaction.