Super Vendor Overview
The Super Vendor Inquiry screen is the same Vendor Inquiry screen found in SapphireOne Accounts, Inventory and Job Projects Modes. The only difference in the Super Vendor Inquiry function is that the Vendor results are filtered to only show the Vendors linked to a Vendor Class of SUPER.
All Superannuation is paid to a Vendor for each employee within SapphireOne. These Vendors are recognised by SapphireOne as ‘Superannuation Vendors’ and the Vendor class of SUPER is used to classify these Vendors.
This SUPER Class must use the characters of SUPER prefixing the ID, for example SUPERXXX, SUPERYYY, SUPERZZZ, etc. These Classes are required for the payment of Superannuation and can be set up in the Vendor Class Inquiry screen. If the user only requires a single class of SUPER, the user can create the Class from within the Super Vendor Inquiry screen, as SapphireOne will automatically create all Vendors with a class of SUPER within the PayRoll/HR Super Vendor Inquiry screen.
You can create a new Vendor with a class of SUPER by selecting the New button and following the details in the Vendor Inquiry documentation.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
How to enter Super Vendor Details in SapphireOne
- Enter Super Vendor details from within PayRoll/HR Mode by navigating to Payroll/HR > Administration Employee Inquiry > Superannuation Page. SapphireOne will then create the Class of SUPER if required, and then when the user selects the tick on the main toolbar, creates the Vendor automatically with a minimum of details. The user may then go to Payroll/HR > Administration > Super Vendor Inquiry and open the new Vendor. This function is the equivalent of a full Vendor Inquiry so that the new Vendor may be checked and modified as required immediately.
- The second option is to navigate to the Vendor Inquiry screen in Accounts Mode by going to Accounts > Payables > Vendors and enter both the Class and Vendor details when setting the Vendor within the Inquiry screen. The Class MUST contain the word SUPER, e.g. SUPER_FUND1, SUPER2_FUND3, SUPERX and so on. Then set up Vendor as required.
How to set up Superannuation Classes in SapphireOne
For full details on how to set up a Superannuation Vendor Class within SapphireOne please navigating to the Vendor Class Inquiry screen.
For a SUPER Vendor created from PayRoll/HR mode, a suggestion for an ID is to use the Super Funds ID AMP, and the first 4 letters of the employee’s ID BELL, which gives AMPBELL or BELLAMP. Any ID of up to 8 characters may be used and should be specific so that it can be identified at a later date. It should contain the Vendor ID, the employee’s name, as well as the ID of the Super Fund that the superannuation amount is being paid to.