List Navigation Buttons Overview
List Navigation Buttons – Empower Your Productivity with this Navigation Procedure.
When multiple lines are selected, applying the Look or Modify button in SapphireOne opens the first item in the list. The list buttons are then displayed on the toolbar.
List Navigation Button Behaviors
- Displayed Buttons – Only buttons with actions relevant to your current focus in a subset will be displayed.
- New Record – These navigation buttons are also active when creating a new record of any type.
- Same Page – Any page that is open when viewing an item in a transaction subset will be maintained. as you navigate forwards or backwards through the subset. For example, if the More Details page is open, it will stay open as you move to the next More Details page or the Terms page, and so on.
- Automatic Save – All navigation arrows automatically save the current item in focus when used. The Save button also exits back to the List Window.
- Cancel Button – The Cancel button exits the current item in focus and returns to the list window without saving any changes made to that item.
These navigation buttons will not be displayed if any transactions in the list have an error.
They also won’t appear on the toolbar if a single item from the list is selected.
List Navigation Buttons Summary
The Navigation Toolbar consists of the following navigation buttons available for every List Screen.
|The Begin button returns to displaying the first transaction in the subset from any record currently being displayed.|
|When clicked, the Previous button will navigate to the previous transaction in the subset. This allows users to easily backtrack through their records.|
|The Next button will display the transaction which follows the current transaction.|
|The End button, when selected, will display the last transaction in the currently selected subset.|
|The Select button will displays a list view of the selected subset.|
|The Print button allows users to print the selected subset, with additional print options. These are available by selecting the arrow on the right-hand side of the icon.|
|The Close button cancels the currently viewed item. The user is then returned to the list window without saving any changes made to the item on the screen.|
|The Save button will accept/save the current function accordingly. It will not be displayed if SapphireOne determines that there is an error in the transaction or insufficient data has been entered.|
List Navigation Buttons Usage
The list buttons serve the purpose of facilitating the user to navigate through a list of records currently displayed on the screen swiftly. They will appear only if SapphireOne identifies that more than one record is being viewed or modified.
When any of the following three conditions are met
- Nothing Selected – When there is no item selected or highlighted in the Inquiry List, the navigation arrows will appear.
- Subset Selected – When a subset is selected or highlighted, SapphireOne will display the navigation arrows. However, the arrows will be restricted to the subset that is currently selected, and no other records will be accessible using the navigation arrows.
- New Record – Whenever a new record of any type (e.g., CI, CR, VI, VP, SCI, PVI, etc.) is being created, the Forward button should be selected to save the current record and open the same type of the next record for data entry. This procedure can be repeated as many times as necessary, which is especially useful for creating multiple records of the same type, such as client receipts.
- List On screen – When the list of transactions or records is on screen the Modify , View , Delete , Print and Cancel buttons will be active as usual.
- Open Record or Transaction – After selecting either the Modify or View buttons are selected, the record or transaction will be opened for corresponding action. Additionally, double-clicking on an un-selected record will also open the record for viewing or modification.
- Delete and Save buttons will become active as normal.
- The Print , Modify or View buttons are displayed on the main toolbar as normal.
List Navigation Button Usage
he List button in SapphireOne enables users to view a condensed two-column list of transactions, which is particularly useful when working with a selected subset of records. This shortened list allows users to quickly search through the records and find the specific information they need, thereby increasing efficiency and productivity.
The process is as follows.
- Selecting Records or Transactions – To modify multiple items in a transaction list, simply select the desired records. In this example, we have selected the first eight items in an inventory inquiry for modification.Select two or more items in a transaction list . Here we have selected the first eight items in an inventory inquiry for modification.
- Modifying Selected Records or Transactions – To modify selected records or transactions, click on the Modify button on the main toolbar. SapphireOne will then open the first item on the list for editing.
- List Button – Click on the List button to display a condensed two-column list of the selected items from the main Inquiry list. This list will be displayed in focus over the current item being viewed or modified in SapphireOne.