Options Menu Overview
The Options Menu has a number of functions that assist users in sorting, viewing and managing their data in all Modes of SapphireOne. All of the functions on this menu may be directly accessed by using one of the following methods.
- Use the mouse and double click on the required item in the list.
- Hold down the Command or Control key, then select the appropriate key or keys on the keyboard as seen in the options drop down menu as seen to the right.
The items listed on the dropdown menu do not change as different functions are used in SapphireOne. If an item is not available for use it will be greyed out and not able to be selected by the user
- Find & Search Options – The first four items in the screen shot to the right enables the user to Find or Query for items that they are looking for in their data. They are listed in complexity when establishing your search criteria. the Find option which enables the user to setup a very quick and simple set of parameters through to The Advanced Find option which allows for the setting up of a very advanced query which will look for items at various levels of data in the list on screen.
- The next four items select what is to be displayed on screen.
- Show Subset – Select/highlight the records that the user wants to only be displayed in the list, thenselect Show Subset. SapphireOne will then remove all records that were not selected/highlighted and leave the selected records in a shortened list.
- Show Last Set – Selecting the Show Last Set option will tell SapphireOne to show the last list that was displayed.
- Show All – Selecting the Show All option will tell SapphireOne to show all records as it did when the list is first displayed to the user.
Omit Subset – This option is the reverse of the first Show All option. The Selected/highlighted records will be removed from the list
- Save & Load Set – These options allow the user to store a Find or Query function set up when particular set of transactions has been searched for and is displayed on screen.
- For Example – The user has spent some time and setup the Advanced Find option to look for selected items in the list on screen. They are interrupted and have to close the list of transaction. Before they close the list they would select the Save Set option.When they re-open the list of transaction again, they would then select the Load Set option. The Advanced Find option has been stored and is now re-run so that the user is back where they were when they left.
- Tools – When the Tools option is selected SapphireOne will display the Sapphire Tools menu for the current function. The same items will be in the list but it will be in a different form.
- Tasks – When the Tasks option is selected SapphireOne will display in a small op up all tasks that SapphireOne is currently performing.
- Hide Toolbar – When this option is selected SapphireOne will to hide the main toolbar. This gives the user more screen real-estate when viewing large lists. The options menu will alter this option when it is active to Show Tool bar. Note that the direct key access is Shift, Command and H keys all at once to active or deactivate it.
- Detailed Sort – There is also a Detailed Sort which has additional options when sorting records onscreen.
- Actions – This function allows the user to direct access to the Actions function
- Access Lock – If the user leaves the keyboard for a break they can immediately use the Access Lock function. It will ask for an access code which will have to be re-entered before SapphireOne will allow access again on that terminal.
- Global Search – This function allows for searching to be performed across the entire data file. The user should be aware that this could take time as it will search all records in the data base.