Job Project Resource Time Sheet Overview
The Job Project Resource Time Sheet allows you to enter a number of Resources against a single Project. A Resource may be anything that is used to achieve the completion of a Project and has a costing value.
Any data entry field that has a light blue background is a linked data entry field. If you do not know the exact ID to enter, the user may replace some or all of the characters with the “@” or “?” characters. SapphireOne will then display a much shorter list for the user to select the correct ID from. For example,if the user enters “K@” SapphireOne will display all records beginning with K.
When a data entry field heading is underlined this indicates that once an ID has been entered the user may then click on the underlined heading. SapphireOne will then do a specific query for the ID as entered and display a list with just the single item in it. The user may then view or modify the item as normal.
How to enter information into the Job Project Resource Time Sheet Project area:
- Project ID – Enter the Project ID. If SapphireOne detects that tasks have been set up for the selected Project it will display a pop up enabling the user to select the task that the project is to be assigned to. The use of the wildcard ‘@’ search feature in SapphireOne to find the correct Project may also be used here to find the correct Project ID.
- Reference No – You can either accept the default Reference No or over-type it with a different number.
- Date In – Verify that the Date In is correct. If it is not, enter the correct date. (System will propose your computers date)
- Period – Verify that the Period field is correct. If it is not, enter the correct period.
- Start Date – Enter the start date of the Project.
- Finish Date – Enter the finish date of the Project.
- Memo – Additional details may be entered in this area as well as any memo details required.
- Document Paperclip – Scan and attach any documents relating to the transaction.
There is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of the first page of all data entry and all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. Within all data entry and inquiry screens there is also a separate page just for managing documents i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or relevant record. An infinate number of documents may be attached to a transaction or record at any time.
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop-up will be displayed.
Please note, the Document List screenshot below is identical for both Mac and Windows users.
Any type of document can be attached using the Paperclip. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. The appropriate software must be installed on the computer or device before opening.
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version.
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
Information Tab Area
The Job Project Resource Time Sheet Information Tab area is used to display extra information about the current entry. You have the ability to view the information here, not alter it.
Click on the Information Tabs to select the details you would like displayed. The Information Tabs change automatically for the different transactions being viewed.
The tabs for this type of transaction include:
- Project – This displays the information in the Projects master file for the selected Project ID.
- Resources – This displays the information in the Resources master file for the selected Resource ID
- Activities – This displays the information in the Activities file under Resources for the selected Resource ID
- History – This tab displays a selection of the history based on the Resource and Project
- Controls – This tab displays information about the transaction such as the date it was created and who created it.
As you enter the timesheet details, a summary of the timesheet appears in a single line below. You can view or modify a line by selecting it, then proceed to view or modify in the data entry area above.
How to enter timesheet information:
- Resource ID – Enter the Resource ID. Use the wildcard ‘@’ search feature in SapphireOne to find the correct Resource. Incorrectly entered ID’s will cause SapphireOne to display error messages. The name of the Resource will then be displayed to the immediate right of the Resource ID data entry field.
- Name – This field is automatically populated when you enter your Resource ID.
- Activity – The Activity data entry field is linked back to the Resource as entered in the Projects area. Alternatively, you may key in the ‘@’ symbol to display a pop up with a list of activities options for this resource.
- Date – Enter the date the work was completed.
- Start – Enter the start time in hours.
- Finish – Enter the finish time in hours.
- Cost – Enter the cost of the Activity if known.
- Qty – Enter the number of units against the Standard Rate or Activity code in the Qty field.
- Rate – Enter what you intend to charge for the activity.
- Amount – This field is calculated by SapphireOne by multiplying the Qty with the Rate.
- Complete % – The user may indicate the completion of the current job or project by entering a number in the Completed % data entry field.
- Project Task – Enter the relevant task for the project – these are set up on Job Projects – Planning/quote page
- Asset – You can link a timesheet to a asset
- Notes – Enter any additional information or notes relating to the project.
- Start – The start time of the activity.
- Finish – The Finish time of the activity.
- Loads – The number of loads associated with the activity.
- Loader – A secondary link to the asset used to load the activity.
- Material – A list of Materials used to the activity can be recorded and maintained.
- Location From – A list of Locations used to the activity can be recorded and maintained.
- Location To – A list of Locations used to the activity can be recorded and maintained.
Transaction Footer Area
The Job Project Resource Time Sheet Transaction Footer is the information bar along the bottom of the screen, and allows the user to easily check critical details of the transaction.
These details include:
- Sequence – SapphireOne automatically generates a sequence number.
- Batch – The batch field shows the total for all Timesheet entered in the current group.
- Process in Payroll – SapphireOne automatically records if the timesheet has been processed through payroll
- Tag – The user can mark this transaction with a tag if required .
- Note that a tag of HOLD is hardwired into SapphireOne. When it is selected the transaction may not be posted until the tag status of HOLD is removed or altered to something other than HOLD.
- Most of the Tag Headings are user configurable.
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
Utilities \ Controls \ Master Defaults \ then select the appropriate functions Page
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
- All of the items in the Tag drop down lists may be created by the user.
- The drop-down menus are created by entering in an item not on the list, then (tab away). SapphireOne will ask if you want to add the new tag to the list.
- To remove a tag, hold the Control or Command key down and then select it. You will be asked if you want to remove it from the list.
SapphireOne checks that each transaction entry is complete and balanced before allowing any saving operation. When the Out of Balance is 0.00 the tick, will activate in the top tool bar indicating to the user that the transaction is ready to be saved. When more than a single transaction is selected, Blue will also be displayed on the main toolbar. See below for additional details.
You can save your Transaction in one of three methods:
Select the Tick when it is activated. This will save the current transaction and return the user to the main tool bar or the list.
When multiple transactions have been selected the user may click on the tick on the tool bar with the results as seen as above.
Click on either of the the Arrows. This will tell SapphireOne to save the current transaction and open the next transaction in the list ready for data entry or modification. Also note that for what ever page is open in the transaction SapphireOne will move to the next transaction displaying the exact same page. I.e. Terms page to Terms page. Very handy when checking the same data in multiple items.
Selecting the Enter Key on the keypad. SapphireOne will then save the current transaction and opens another transaction of the same type ready for data entry. Very handy when entering multiple transactions of the same type. I.e. Client Receipt, Client Receipt.
How to Automate Resource Time Sheet Data Entry
If you are entering multiple repetitive data entries, you can use the blue ‘Next’ arrow icon in the main toolbar across the top of your screen to first save the current Time Sheet and open a new blank Time Sheet ready for the next data entry.
Using this button performs the following two actions:
- It saves the current Time Sheet and opens a new Time Sheet ready for data entry as documented above.
- It opens a new Time Sheet with the Date In, Start and Finish Dates as they were entered in the previous time sheet. No need to re-enter this information.
The second method is to complete the details in the ‘Project’ Area, and then navigate to the Additional Information Tab Area and select a Time Sheet from the ‘History’ list provided.
Right click on ‘History’ and you will be able to immediately copy any past Time Sheet from the History list into the Time Sheet that you are entering now.
Ensure that you double check each line item in the copied Time Sheet is all correct for the current entry, as copying from historical data retrieves ALL of the data.