When the Show Reports option is selected this menu will be displayed which currently has ten reports available.
All reports are configured by using a standardised selection of drop-down menus.
Once the drop-down menu options have been selected the user can select the dates or periods that the report is to encompass.
All generated reports may be exported as a html or CSV file and may then be opened by any browser or external spreadsheet program.
Show Reports Overview
The Show Reports function within SapphireOne Job Projects Mode enables the user to set up a number of different report styles for different purposes. The user has the ability to set up commonly reoccurring reports which may be customised as required. These include Sales By Client, Sales By Client Class, Sales By Item, Sales By Item Class, Sales By Project Class, Sales By Rep, Sales By Serial/Batch, Project Cost and Billing, Project Cost and Billing By Activity Class and Project Activity Summary.
When the Show Reports option is selected the pop-up menu as seen below will be displayed. This Show Reports screen currently has ten types of reports that are available.
All reports are created by using a selection of standard drop-down menus. Once the drop-down menu options have been selected the user can define the dates or periods that the report is to encompass. All generated reports may be exported as a CSV file and may be opened by any external spreadsheet program. There is also a Matrix report available that will display a report in a matrix style format.
All reports may be Date driven or Period driven by selecting the Use Period Button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for data entry. Any data entry field you can type into using a keyboard can use this feature.
You can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client. They may have made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology. Consequently, this will automatically date and time stamp both the contact and the phone number you called.
As soon as the call is completed, the user has the ability to use Speech to Text (Windows) or Dictation (MacOS). They can dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
Dictation and Speech to Text Procedure
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, the SapphireOne user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI). Additionally, you may want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI). The user can utilise the tool and simply dictate the memo.
Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account. When the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each GL account line. The user can then utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Alternatively, you may have an interview with an employee. After the interview process is completed, the user can then make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool. It is something that we at SapphireOne, as well as our clients, utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
- Range – The range is by default set using the button in the lower left hand corner of the screen. The default is by date with the date options as seen above. The default date option is This month to Date with other options as seen to the right. Please note that the last option Last Financial Year to Date is Last Financial Year to todays date last Year. This will enable the user to compare last years sales figures to this years sales figures for the same time frame in last and current financial years.
- From and To Dates – For a date driven report the two data entry fields require the input by the user of a date, while for a period driven report will require the entry of a number which is a period. Note that the date option has both From and To underlined so they have a convenient pop up calendar to pick dates from.
- Depart – Select All departments or select any single Department in the company. The selection of a date or period driven report has on affect on this option.
- Sort – The sorting of each item as it will appear in the report. It should be noted that the small [>] button just the right of the sort drop-down menu is used to invert the sort. It acts as a toggle reversing the sort order. Selection of a date or period driven report has on affect on this option.
- Display Column By – This option selects what data is included with each column. Total and Rep display correctly with date driven reports and period data displays with the period driven reports.
- Recalculate Button – Every time a change is made to the report, the Recalculate Button must be selected so that SapphireOne can re-calculate the report. Any changes are displayed immediately in the report area.
- Display Quantity or Dollar Values – In some reports, the Use Qty and Use $ buttons will be displayed allowing for selection of either quantities or dollar values in the report.
- Radio Buttons – These radio buttons operate in pairs. The report my be generated using Orders or Sales, and by Date In or the Delivery Date with selection of the appropriate radio button.
- Query Button – When the requirement is for a limited report, for example only the one client, a detailed query may be performed for the client by selecting the Query button. This causes SapphireOne to display the detailed query pop up enabling the user to query for any item in SapphireOne.
- Use Period Button – By selecting the Use Period button the report will be altered to a period driven report. The default period is This Financial Year. The Use Date button has now altered so select it again to go back to a date driven report.
- Export and Printing Buttons – Once the report is ready the user may select the Export or Print options
- Cancel – When this button is selected SapphireOne will cancel and close the Show Report function.
- Export to HTML – When this button is selected SapphireOne will export the report to a HTML file which may be read by any web browser.
- Export to CSV – When this button is selected SapphireOne will export the report to a CSV file which may be viewed by any spreadsheet program.
- Print – If immediate printing is required select the Print button and the report will be sent to the printer.
Remember, when any alterations or changes are made to reports the Recalculate button must be selected each time to re-calculate the report and display the altered details.