Inventory Allocation Journal Overview
The Inventory Allocation Journal Overview function in the Job Projects Inventory Menu is used to allocate Inventory items to specific Projects for future use. Once an item has been allocated it will appear in the ‘More Details’ Page screen of the item in an ‘Inventory Inquiry’.
SapphireOne’s Inventory Menu within Job Projects Mode can be viewed as a shortened version of the Inventory Menu in the Inventory Mode. It links back to the Inventory item to allow stock control through the allocation of Inventory used for a Project. If the goods allocated to a Project are not used, they can then be returned to stock through negative entries in the allocate Inventory Journal.
How to enter information into the Inventory Allocation Journal Details area:
- Memo – Enter any additional information or notes required in relation to the Project for your own records.
- Document Paperclip – Scan and attach any supporting documents relating to this transaction by selecting the red paper clip in the top right corner of the Details area.
There is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of the first page of all data entry and all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. Within all data entry and inquiry screens there is also a separate page just for managing documents i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or relevant record. An infinate number of documents may be attached to a transaction or record at any time.
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop-up will be displayed.
Please note, the Document List screenshot below is identical for both Mac and Windows users.
Any type of document can be attached using the Paperclip. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. The appropriate software must be installed on the computer or device before opening.
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version.
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
Information Tab Area
The Inventory Allocation Journal Information Tab area is used to display extra information about the current entry. You have the ability to view the information here, not alter it.
Click on the Information Tabs to select the details you would like displayed. The Information Tabs change automatically for the different transactions being viewed.
The tabs for this type of transaction include as follows:
- Lines – This tab provides information on previous movement of the relevant inventory item.
- Inventory – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory details such as available stock, stock on order, standard price, next arrival date, default Vendor.
- Items – when a transaction line Is selected, this tab display information about that transaction line.
- Controls – This tab displays information about the transaction such as the date it was created and who created it.
- Error Code – Any error information relating to the action is displayed under this Error Code tab.
Tracking Details Area
The Inventory Allocation Journal Tracking Details area stores tracking details related to the current transaction.
How to enter information in the Tracking Details area:
- Date In – Verify that the Date is correct.
- Ref No – Verify that the Reference Number is correct. You may either accept the default reference number or change it.
- Delivery – Is the expected delivery date for the transaction
- Period – Period matching the date, set in company controls.
Transaction Lines Area
As you enter a transaction, a summary of the transaction appears in a single line. You can view or modify a line by selecting it, then proceed to view or modify in the data entry area above.
How to enter Inventory Allocation Journal information in the Transaction Lines area:
- Inventory – Enter the correct Inventory ID. As this invoicing, the default Inventory description may be altered to allow you to enter a meaningful description specific to the particular Project.
- Quantity – Enter the quantity of inventory items.
- Rate – This is the Line Item default rate. You can enter in a new rate but note this is the rate excluding tax.
- Total – This is the total cost for each individual line item including any tax.
- Notes – Enter any additional information or notes relating to the Inventory Allocation.
- Project – Enter the Project ID to link to the Project that this inventory item is to be allocated to.
- Project Task – Enter the Project Task to link to the Project that this inventory item is to be allocated to.
- Weight/Area – Displays the weight(quantity multiplied by the weight set in Inventory details).
- Carton – Displays the total cartons: quantity multiplied by the carton quantity set in Inventory details.
- Pallet – Displays the pallet quantity (quantity multiplied by the pallet quantity set in Inventory details).
Accept the entry by selecting the ‘Next’ Blue Arrow button to enter another allocation, or the ‘Save’ Green Tick button to return to the main Projects Mode.
All of the lines in the Transaction Lines area, are listed here. The list itself, only displays the basic details of each Line. You cannot directly edit from this list.
To view or modify any line in this Line Listing area, select or highlight a line.
All of the additional data entry fields will then be displayed for you immediately above the list of lines.
From there the user is able to view or modify all of the data entry fields for the line as required.
The easiest way to add a line is with the keyboard shortcut. Hold the (Command or Control key down and select forward slash (/). SapphireOne will then place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field ready for the entry of a new line. Alternatively, selecting the button will also place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field, ready for the entry of a new line.
Lines may also be added to the transaction by clicking on the button or selecting the button to delete the currently highlighted line.
Transaction Footer Area
The Inventory Allocation Journal Transaction Footer is the information bar along the bottom of the screen, and allows the user to easily check critical details of the transaction.
These details include:
- Sequence – SapphireOne automatically generates a sequence number.
- Batch – The Batch field shows the total for all orders entered in the current group.
- Weight/Area – The weight field shows the total of all weights for the current group
- Carton – Is the calculated total quantity of Cartons.
- Pallets – Is the calculated total quantity of Pallets.
- Tag – The user can select a saved Tag from this Drop down or add a custom tag.
SapphireOne checks that each transaction entry is complete and balanced before allowing any saving operation. When the Out of Balance is 0.00 the tick, will activate in the top tool bar indicating to the user that the transaction is ready to be saved. When more than a single transaction is selected, Blue will also be displayed on the main toolbar. See below for additional details.
You can save your Transaction in one of three methods:
Select the Tick when it is activated. This will save the current transaction and return the user to the main tool bar or the list.
When multiple transactions have been selected the user may click on the tick on the tool bar with the results as seen as above.
Click on either of the the Arrows. This will tell SapphireOne to save the current transaction and open the next transaction in the list ready for data entry or modification. Also note that for what ever page is open in the transaction SapphireOne will move to the next transaction displaying the exact same page. I.e. Terms page to Terms page. Very handy when checking the same data in multiple items.
Selecting the Enter Key on the keypad. SapphireOne will then save the current transaction and opens another transaction of the same type ready for data entry. Very handy when entering multiple transactions of the same type. I.e. Client Receipt, Client Receipt.