Inventory – Sales – Sales Money Receipt
Sales Money Receipt Overview
Sales Money Receipt is the fifth drop-down in the Inventory Sales Data Entry menu. A Sales Money Receipt is the most frequently used of your cash related transactions and is generated when a customer pays cash for an item.
Cash Invoice follows much the same procedure as a Client Invoice except we do not enter in a Client ID.
Any data entry field that has a light blue background is a linked data entry field. If you do not know the exact ID to enter, the user may replace some or all of the characters with the @ or ? symbols. The system will then display a much shorter list for the user to select the correct ID from. For example,if the user enters K@ the system will display all records beginning with K.
When a data entry field heading is underlined this indicates that once an ID has been entered the user may then click on the underlined heading. The system will then do a specific query for the ID as entered and display a list with just the single item in it. The user may then view or modify the item as normal.
On the Details Page there are five main areas of the Sales Money Receipt screen
1. Details Area
How to enter information in the Client Details area
- Memo – Type in any memo/notes.
- Mail Address – If required the user can enter in a mailing address.
- Delivery Address – If required the user can also enter a delivery address different to the mailing address.
- Document Paperclip – Scan and attach any documents relating to the money receipt.
The user will note that initially there is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of this area with the words 0 Items after it. The colour of this paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction.
When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction.
Within reason any number of documents may be attached to a transaction!
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop up will be displayed.
Note: While the screenshot below is from Mac, for Windows users the Document List pop up is identical!
There are eight buttons or icons on this Document List pop up.
- When the button is selected the system will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. (The appropriate software must be installed on the local machine or workstation)
- When the button is selected the system display a popup which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. (The new version will still be linked to any transaction’s as was the old version).
- When the Scan button is selected the system will access a scanner and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to this transaction. (The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or workstation).
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected, will delete the currently highlighted transaction or record.
- When the Add button is selected the system will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local machine or workstation.
2. Information Tab Area
The Information Tab area is used to display extra information about the current entry. You have the ability to view the information here, not alter it.
Click on the Information Tabs to select the details you would like displayed. The Information Tabs change automatically for the different transactions being viewed.
The tabs for this type of transaction include as follows:
- Bank – Displays bank details including Account ID, Department, Class, Type, Group, Project etc.
- Inventory – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory details such as available stock, stock on order, standard price, next arrival date, default vendor.
- Pricing – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays any price book entries that apply to this Inventory Item.
- Items – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays additional inventory details.
- Controls – This tab displays information about the transaction such as the date it was created and who created it.
- Add/Deduct – This tab displays additions and deductions details.
- Error Code – Displays any error code such as negative stock, batch error and period error.
3. Tracking Details Area
How to enter tracking information
- Date In – Is the date that this Sales Money Receipt has been entered on the system (usually the system date).
- Delivery – Is the expected delivery date.
- Invoice No – The Internal reference number is automatically generated by the system.
- Order No – Is the External reference number and is usually entered by the user if required.
- Rep ID – Sales representative ID. Not essential but provision has been made to link these types of transactions to a sales rep.
- Period – Period matching the date, set in company controls. Entered by the system but can be altered by the user.
4. Transaction Lines Area
Entering the Transaction Lines area.
All of the lines in the Destination area listed here. The list only displays the basic details of each Line.
You cannot directly edit from this list.
To view or modify any line in this Line Listing area, select or highlight a line.
All of the additional data entry fields will then be displayed for you immediately above the list of lines.
From there the user is able to view or modify all of the data entry fields for the line as required.
The easiest way to add a line is with the keyboard shortcut. Hold the (Command or Control key down and select forward slash (/). The system will then place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field ready for the entry of a new line. Alternatively, selecting the button will also place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field, ready for the entry of a new line.
Lines may also be added to the transaction by clicking on the button or selecting the button to delete the currently highlighted line.
ID data entry filed ready for the user to enter in an ID for the first line in the transaction. (Or add another line to the Destination area).
Alternatively they may use the button to add a new line into the destination area. (Same result as above).
The user may use the button to remove the currently highlighted line in the destination area.
This section contains 4 data entry lines and a transaction summary area.
How to enter Transaction details
- Inventory – This is a linked field and the user can use the Wildcard options to enter a partial ID. or simply type part or all of the product name to search for the Inventory ID.
- Inventory Details – Once the Inventory ID is entered the system will automatically display the Inventory Items name.
- Unit – This data field populates from the unit details as set up in the inventory item, for example Set, Each, Ctn, Kg, etc.
- Quantity – The number of Inventory items in this line in this Sales Money Receipt.
- Rate – The rate will be entered by the system as setup in the Inventory items master file and should not normally be altered by the user. Provision has been made for the user to enter the rate price of the item on a line by line basis if required.
- Discount – The system will read any Client discounts from their master file, or discounts set up for the Item from Price Book if a discount for the item is current. If required the user can select a Discount code from the drop-down menu or enter a discount in manually.
- Discount % – Once the discount code is entered, the discount percentage will display automatically.
- Tax Code – These should not normally be altered by the user and are entered by the system as they are setup elsewhere in the system. The user can also select a Tax Code from the drop-down menu or enter in manually if required.
- Tax % – The system will automatically populate this field once the code is selected. To overwrite, simply type in.
- Tax Amount – The system will automatically calculate the amount of tax in each line in the transaction.
- Total – This displays the line total for the item – Inventory quantity x Rate + Tax = Total.
- Project – Is a linked field and the User can use the Wildcard [ (@ or ? ) and TAB ] option to search for the Project ID. The system will then display the Projects Name.
- Don’t Print Checkbox – If this checkbox is selected, the currently highlighted line will not print on the Invoice. The amount from this line will still be included in the total value of the Invoice.
- System automatic data entry – All of the following items details must first be entered into each Inventory Item. The user will note that these data fields are a mixture of grey and white. Grey indicates that it is entered by the system and the user is not allowed to alter it. The white background indicates that if a quantity is entered into these data entry fields by a user, the system will then re-calculate the quantity.
- Weight Area – This field will then display the total weight for this line in the transaction.
- Carton – This field will then display the total cartons in this line in the transaction.
- Pallet – This field will then display the pallet quantity for this line in the transaction.
- 2nd Unit – These must be entered into each Inventory Item. The system then displays total 2nd unit quantity multiplied by 2nd unit quantity set in inventory details. The white highlight denotes that this field is automatically populated when information is entered into the Inventory item.
5. Transaction Footer Area
The Transaction Footer is the information bar along the bottom of the screen, and allows for easy checking of the critical details of a transaction.
These details include:
- Sequence – Is the automatically generated unique Sequence number.
- Batch – The Batch field shows the total for all orders entered in the current group.
- Amount – Total Amount is the Tax free amount of the order.
- System automatic data entry – All of the following items details must first be entered into each Inventory Item. The user will note that these fields are grey, indicating that they are automatically populated by the system and are not accessible by the user. For these totals to be accurate they must be correctly entered into each and every Inventory Items master record.
- Weight / Area – This field will display the total weight for the transaction.
- Carton – This field will then display the total cartons in the transaction.
- Pallets – This field will display the pallet quantity for this transaction.
- Tags – The user can select a saved Tag from this Drop down or add a custom tag.
- Note that a tag of HOLD is hardwired into the system. When it is selected the transaction may not be posted until the tag status of HOLD is removed or altered to something other than HOLD.
- Many of the tag headings are user configurable. All of the items in the tag drop down lists may be created by the user.
- To add in a new tag to the list simply type it in and move the focus away, (tab away). The system will ask if you want to add the new tag to the list.
- To remove a tag, select it, then re-select it while holding the Control or Command key down. You will be asked if you want to remove it from the list.