Sales Money Receipt Overview
Sales Money Receipt is the fifth drop-down in the Inventory Sales Data Entry menu. A Sales Money Receipt is the most frequently used of cash related transactions and is generated when a customer pays cash for an item.
Cash Invoice follows much the same procedure as a Client Invoice except here we do not enter in a Client ID.
- Memo – Type in any memo/notes.
- Mail Address – If required the user can enter in a mailing address.
- Delivery Address – If required the user can also enter a delivery address different to the mailing address.
- Document Paperclip – Scan and attach any documents relating to the Sales Money Receipt.
There is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of the first page of all data entry and all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. Within all data entry and inquiry screens there is also a separate page just for managing documents i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or relevant record. An infinate number of documents may be attached to a transaction or record at any time.
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop-up will be displayed.
Please note, the Document List screenshot below is identical for both Mac and Windows users.
Any type of document can be attached using the Paperclip. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. The appropriate software must be installed on the computer or device before opening.
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version.
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
Any data entry field that has a light blue background is a linked data entry field. If you do not know the exact ID to enter, the user may replace some or all of the characters with the “@” or “?” characters. SapphireOne will then display a much shorter list for the user to select the correct ID from. For example,if the user enters “K@” SapphireOne will display all records beginning with K.
When a data entry field heading is underlined this indicates that once an ID has been entered the user may then click on the underlined heading. SapphireOne will then do a specific query for the ID as entered and display a list with just the single item in it. The user may then view or modify the item as normal.
Information Tab Area
The Sales Money Receipt Information Tab area is used to display extra information about the current entry. You have the ability to view the information here, not alter it. Click on the Information Tabs to select the details you would like displayed. The Information Tabs change automatically for the different transactions being viewed.
- Bank – Displays bank details including Account ID, Department, Class, Type, Group, Project etc.
- Inventory – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory details such as available stock, stock on order, standard price, next arrival date, default vendor.
- Pricing – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays any price book entries that apply to this Inventory Item.
- Items – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays additional inventory details.
- Controls – This tab displays information about the transaction such as the date it was created and who created it.
- Add/Deduct – This tab displays additions and deductions details.
- Error Code – Displays any error code such as negative stock, batch error and period error.
Tracking Details Area
The Sales Money Receipt Tracking area stores tracking details relating to the current Date, Delivery Date, Invoice No, Sales Rep and Carrier.
- Date In – Is the date that this Sales Money Receipt has been entered on SapphireOne (usually SapphireOne date).
- Delivery – Is the expected delivery date.
- Invoice No – The Internal reference number is automatically generated by SapphireOne.
- Order No – Is the External reference number and is usually entered by the user if required.
- Rep ID – Sales representative ID. Not essential but provision has been made to link these types of transactions to a sales rep.
- Period – Period matching the date, set in company controls. Entered by SapphireOne but can be altered by the user.
Transaction Lines Area
- Inventory – This is a linked field and the user can use the Wildcard options to enter a partial ID. or simply type part or all of the product name to search for the Inventory ID.
- Inventory Details – Once the Inventory ID is entered SapphireOne will automatically display the Inventory Items name.
- Unit – This data field populates from the unit details as set up in the inventory item, for example Set, Each, Ctn, Kg, etc.
- Quantity – The number of Inventory items in this line in this Sales Money Receipt.
- Rate – The rate will be entered by SapphireOne as setup in the Inventory items master file and should not normally be altered by the user. Provision has been made for the user to enter the rate price of the item on a line by line basis if required.
- Discount – SapphireOne will read any Client discounts from their master file, or discounts set up for the Item from Price Book if a discount for the item is current. If required the user can select a Discount code from the drop-down menu or enter a discount in manually.
- Discount % – Once the discount code is entered, the discount percentage will display automatically.
- Tax Code – These should not normally be altered by the user and are entered by SapphireOne as they are setup elsewhere in SapphireOne. The user can also select a Tax Code from the drop-down menu or enter in manually if required.
- Tax % – SapphireOne will automatically populate this field once the code is selected. To overwrite, simply type in.
- Tax Amount – SapphireOne will automatically calculate the amount of tax in each line in the transaction.
- Total – This displays the line total for the item – Inventory quantity x Rate + Tax = Total.
- Project – Is a linked field and the User can use the Wildcard [ (@ or ? ) and TAB ] option to search for the Project ID. SapphireOne will then display the Projects Name.
- Don’t Print Checkbox – If this checkbox is selected, the currently highlighted line will not print on the Invoice. The amount from this line will still be included in the total value of the Invoice.
- System automatic data entry – All of the following items details must first be entered into each Inventory Item. The user will note that these data fields are a mixture of grey and white. Grey indicates that it is entered by SapphireOne and the user is not allowed to alter it. The white background indicates that if a quantity is entered into these data entry fields by a user, SapphireOne will then re-calculate the quantity.
- Weight Area – This field will then display the total weight for this line in the transaction.
- Carton – This field will then display the total cartons in this line in the transaction.
- Pallet – This field will then display the pallet quantity for this line in the transaction.
- 2nd Unit – These must be entered into each Inventory Item. SapphireOne then displays total 2nd unit quantity multiplied by 2nd unit quantity set in inventory details. The white highlight denotes that this field is automatically populated when information is entered into the Inventory item.
All of the lines in the Transaction Lines area, are listed here. The list itself, only displays the basic details of each Line. You cannot directly edit from this list.
To view or modify any line in this Line Listing area, select or highlight a line.
All of the additional data entry fields will then be displayed for you immediately above the list of lines.
From there the user is able to view or modify all of the data entry fields for the line as required.
The easiest way to add a line is with the keyboard shortcut. Hold the (Command or Control key down and select forward slash (/). SapphireOne will then place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field ready for the entry of a new line. Alternatively, selecting the button will also place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field, ready for the entry of a new line.
Lines may also be added to the transaction by clicking on the button or selecting the button to delete the currently highlighted line.
Transaction Footer Area
The Sales Money Receipt Transaction Footer is the information bar along the bottom of the screen, and allows for easy checking of critical details of a transaction.
- Sequence – Is the automatically generated unique Sequence number.
- Batch – The Batch field shows the total for all orders entered in the current group.
- Amount – Total Amount is the Tax free amount of the order.
- System automatic data entry – All of the following items details must first be entered into each Inventory Item. The user will note that these fields are grey, indicating that they are automatically populated by SapphireOne and are not accessible by the user. For these totals to be accurate they must be correctly entered into each and every Inventory Items master record.
- Weight / Area – This field will display the total weight for the transaction.
- Carton – This field will then display the total cartons in the transaction.
- Pallets – This field will display the pallet quantity for this transaction.
- Tags – The user can select a saved Tag from this Drop down or add a custom tag.
- Note that a tag of HOLD is hardwired into SapphireOne. When it is selected the transaction may not be posted until the tag status of HOLD is removed or altered to something other than HOLD.
- Most of the Tag Headings are user configurable.
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
Utilities \ Controls \ Master Defaults \ then select the appropriate functions Page
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
- All of the items in the Tag drop down lists may be created by the user.
- The drop-down menus are created by entering in an item not on the list, then (tab away). SapphireOne will ask if you want to add the new tag to the list.
- To remove a tag, hold the Control or Command key down and then select it. You will be asked if you want to remove it from the list.
SapphireOne checks that each transaction entry is complete and balanced before allowing any saving operation. When the Out of Balance is 0.00 the tick, will activate in the top tool bar indicating to the user that the transaction is ready to be saved. When more than a single transaction is selected, Blue will also be displayed on the main toolbar. See below for additional details.
You can save your Transaction in one of three methods:
Select the Tick when it is activated. This will save the current transaction and return the user to the main tool bar or the list.
When multiple transactions have been selected the user may click on the tick on the tool bar with the results as seen as above.
Click on either of the the Arrows. This will tell SapphireOne to save the current transaction and open the next transaction in the list ready for data entry or modification. Also note that for what ever page is open in the transaction SapphireOne will move to the next transaction displaying the exact same page. I.e. Terms page to Terms page. Very handy when checking the same data in multiple items.
Selecting the Enter Key on the keypad. SapphireOne will then save the current transaction and opens another transaction of the same type ready for data entry. Very handy when entering multiple transactions of the same type. I.e. Client Receipt, Client Receipt.
More Details Page
The More Details Page of the Sales Money Receipt includes additional data entry fields for Tax Details, Delivery Instructions, Standing Transactions, Transaction Details, Payment Details, Card Details, Cash Details and Cheque Details.
Text Details Area
The SapphireOne Text Details area is for adding additional unlimited text information regarding the quote.
Delivery Instructions Area
The SapphireOne Delivery Instructions area is for adding additional unlimited Delivery Instructions regarding the quote.
Standing Transactions Area
- Scheduled – The user has the ability to schedule all transaction types on a Weekly, Fortnightly, 30 Day, Monthly, Yearly or Other basis.
- Start/Next Date – Enter the next Start date of the next scheduled transaction. Click on the underlined heading to bring up the SapphireOne Calendar and select your date.
- Stop Date – Enter the Stop date of the next scheduled transaction. Click on the underlined heading to bring up the SapphireOne Calendar and select your date.
Transaction Details Area
- Bank Account Paid To – Enter the bank account the transaction will be paid to. Enter the ‘@’ or ‘?’ symbols to select from a list of entered bank accounts.
- Footer Details Text Box – This is an additional information box for the user to include any additional fields or information to the Footer of the transaction.
- Order Message Text Box – This is an additional information box for the user to include any additional messages or information related to the transaction.
Payment Details Area
- Card – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being paid on the Clients Credit Card.
- Cheque – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being paid by Cheque.
- Cash – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being paid by Cash.
- Account – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being allocated to their Client Account Balance.
- O/B – Any amount that has not yet been allocated will be displayed here to ensure that the amount is always balanced.
Card Details Area
- Card Nº – Enter the Credit Card Number.
- Expiry – Enter the expiry date.
- Type – Enter the Card Type i.e. Amex, MasterCard, Visa, etc.
- Authorisation Nº – Enter the Card Authorisation Number.
Cash Details Area
- Total – This is the total sum amount of the dollar amounts entered in above Payment Details area.
- Payment – This is a sum total of the different types of payments.
- Cash Change – The amount to be returned to the Client in the form of Cash.
Cheque Details Area
- Bank – The Bank name that the cheque has been drawn from is entered here.
- Branch – The Branch name that the cheque has been drawn from is entered here.
- Drawer – The Drawer is the Company name and can be entered here.
- Chq N – The Cheque number can be entered here.
This Custom Page is where the user is able to customise both the Custom and Transaction Lines area. This Custom Page is available in nearly every major function in SapphireOne, including Clients, Vendors, Inventory, Job Projects, Assets and Employee inquiries.
There are various numbers of Alpha, Numeric, Date and text field headings that are available for the user to customise. When the user edits these headings it is important to consider the number of characters that will fit into the space provided on the Custom page itself. A second consideration is how the headings will fit into any reports that are produced from this Custom Page.
For the existing default names as entered by SapphireOne, the first number indicates the order that it is in the group, and the second number denotes how long the actual data entry field is for the entry of user data. For example, IVAlpha1_20 denotes that the Data Entry Field is the 1st data entry field in the group, and it will allow up to 20 characters. IVAlpha4_30 denotes that is is the 4th data entry field in the group with a maxim limit of 30 Characters.
Link to Sequence
The ‘Link to Sequence’ function allows the user to link a Sale and a Purchase to each other. This is done through the SapphireOne Back to Back function. The SapphireOne Back to Back function links each inventory item on a Quote to it’s unique Vendor or Vendors. When the user converts a Quote to an Order Client Invoice (OCI), the Back to Back function will simultaneously generate an Order Vendor Invoice (OVI). Both the OCI and OVI will have their respective sequence numbers linked through the ‘Link To Sequence’ found on the Custom Page.
The same applies to a Sales Client Invoice (SCI) linking to a Purchase Vendor Invoice (PVI). For example, when an OVI arrives into stock and is converted to a PVI, the user will be able to identify which client order the goods are to be applied to by using the sequence number in the ‘Linked To Sequence’ function.
By clicking on the ‘Linked to Sequence’ headline SapphireOne will automatically display the linked transaction.
Transaction Lines Area
In the Transaction Lines area of the Custom Page, each transaction line can have it’s own unique set of custom fields. This includes Notes, five Alpha based custom headings, numeric field and date field per transaction line.
While the screen shot above is from a Sales Transaction, the procedure for the user to customise this page is exactly the same no matter what function the Custom Page resides in. All of the data entry fields in these Custom Pages may be used in reports in the same manner that other data entry fields are reported on in SapphireOne.