Inventory – Sales – Sales Client Invoice
Sales Client Invoice Overview
Sales Client Invoice is the third item in the Inventory Sales Data Entry drop-down menu. A Sales Client Invoice is commonly referred to as a Client Invoice. A Sales Client Invoice is probably the most frequently used Invoice for Client related transactions.
Sales Client Invoice follows the same layout and procedures as Client Quotes and Client Orders.
Click here to see how to do Wildcard Searching for ID’s & How Underlined Data Entry Headings work.
- Any data entry field that has a light blue background is a “user searchable” linked field. Use the Wildcard characters (@ or ?) to replace characters and numbers in an ID. The system will then display a shorter list of ID’s for the user to select from.
- Any Date or Period field name that is underlined denotes that a pop-up selection box will be displayed if the user clicks on it. The user may use the mouse to click on a date or a period directly in the pop up.
- For all other underlined data entry headings, once a valid ID has been entered, click on the underlined heading. The system will immediately do a query for the ID and display a list with the single item in it, which allows the user to quickly view or modify the selected ID’s details.
The reader should be aware that there are a number of additional pages in this type of transaction. The number of these pages varies from two to twenty of more for various functions in the SapphireOne system.
For this reason only the main pages that change depending on the transaction type will be documented in this article.
The user should note that there can also be up to eight additional common pages in various types of transactions. Not all eight pages appear in all transactions but they all have the exact same format.
- Seven of these pages are, Layout Style, Shipping, Action, Documents, Workflow, Calc and Write and they will be listed at the bottom of the Page drop down menu.
- The exception of this is the Custom Page which will always have the same name, and be basically the same common layout but will normally be placed third or fourth down in the list of items on the page menu.
These will be documented in a separate article
The reader should be aware that there are a number main pages in this type of transaction, and eight additional pages that are common throughout the SapphireOne system.
These pages are, Custom, Layout Style, Shipping, Action, Documents, Workflow, Calc and write. These pages will be displayed at the bottom of the Pages drop down menu with the exception of the custom page which will always have the same name but will be placed in the drop down menu at different locations.
For this reason only the other pages ill be documented in this web page. The number of these pages varies from two to twenty of more for other functions.
On the More Details Page there are five main areas of the Sales Client Invoice
1. Details Area
How to enter information in the Client Details area
- Client ID – The Client ID is a linked field where the Wildcard options may be used to replace characters in the Clients ID.
- Contact – Accept the default contact person or select the contact person you are dealing with.
- Address 1 – This field is the mailing address which automatically populates from the client record.
- DoNotShip – Tick this checkbox if you do not want this invoice to be shipped.
- Alternate delivery address – You can type in an alternative delivery address.
- Delivery address from defaults – If you have alternative delivery addresses saved in the client address page you can select them from a drop-down list.
- Copy Mailing address to the delivery address – Copy the mailing address to the delivery address field by using the arrow.
- Document Paperclip – Scan and attach any documents relating to this Sales Client Invoice.
The user will note that initially there is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of this area with the words 0 Items after it. The colour of this paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction.
When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction.
Within reason any number of documents may be attached to a transaction!
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop up will be displayed.
Note: While the screenshot below is from Mac, for Windows users the Document List pop up is identical!
There are eight buttons or icons on this Document List pop up.
- When the button is selected the system will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. (The appropriate software must be installed on the local machine or workstation)
- When the button is selected the system display a popup which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. (The new version will still be linked to any transaction’s as was the old version).
- When the Scan button is selected the system will access a scanner and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to this transaction. (The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or workstation).
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected, will delete the currently highlighted transaction or record.
- When the Add button is selected the system will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local machine or workstation.
2. Information Tab Area:
The Information Tab area is used to display extra information about the current entry. You have the ability to view the information here, not alter it.
Click on the Information Tabs to select the details you would like displayed. The Information Tabs change automatically for the different transactions being viewed.
The tabs for this type of transaction include as follows:
- Client – Displays client details including phone & fax numbers, email address, credit limit, ABN, warning message, payment terms, last transaction date, balance owed etc.
- Invoices – Displays a list of recent invoices. An invoice can be copied by using right click and select Copy Transaction.
- Lines – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory line detail from history, quantity, rate, date, transaction type.
- Inventory – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory details such as available stock, stock on order, standard price, next arrival date, default vendor.
- Pricing – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays price book entries which apply to the item or the as entered Client in the transaction.
- Items – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays additional inventory details.
- Controls – This tab displays information about the transaction such as the date it was created and who created it.
- Allocation – This Tab displays any allocation of the Invoice to a Client receipt or credit.
- Add/Deduct – This tab displays additions and deductions details.
- Error Code – Displays any error code such as negative stock, batch error and period error.
3. Tracking Details Area
This area stores details relating to the current Date, Delivery Date, Invoice No, Sales Rep and Carrier.
How to enter tracking information
- Date In – Is the date that this Order has been entered on the system (usually the system date).
- Delivery – Is the expected delivery date, (Usually entered by the system as entered into the Clients master file).
- Invoice No – Internal reference number and automatically generated.
- Order – External reference number.
- Rep ID – Sales representative ID.
- Carrier – Shipping carrier, for example Australia Post.
- Period – Period matching the date, set in company controls.
4. Transaction Lines Area
All of the lines in the Destination area listed here. The list only displays the basic details of each Line.
You cannot directly edit from this list.
To view or modify any line in this Line Listing area, select or highlight a line.
All of the additional data entry fields will then be displayed for you immediately above the list of lines.
From there the user is able to view or modify all of the data entry fields for the line as required.
The easiest way to add a line is with the keyboard shortcut. Hold the (Command or Control key down and select forward slash (/). The system will then place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field ready for the entry of a new line. Alternatively, selecting the button will also place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field, ready for the entry of a new line.
Lines may also be added to the transaction by clicking on the button or selecting the button to delete the currently highlighted line.
ID data entry filed ready for the user to enter in an ID for the first line in the transaction. (Or add another line to the Destination area).
Alternatively they may use the button to add a new line into the destination area. (Same result as above).
The user may use the button to remove the currently highlighted line in the destination area.
This section contains 4 data entry lines and a transaction summary list area.
How to enter Transaction details
- Inventory – Is a linked field and the user can use the Wildcard options, or simply type part or all of the product name to search for the Inventory ID.
- Inventory Details – Once the Inventory ID is entered the system will automatically display the Inventory Items name.
- Unit – Populates the unit details as set up in the inventory item, for example Set, Each, Ctn, Kg, etc.
- Quantity – The number of Inventory items in this line in the Sales Client Invoice.
- Rate – The rate will be entered by the system as setup in the Inventory items master file and should not normally be altered. Provision has been made for the user to enter the rate price of the item on a line by line basis.
- Discount – The system will read any Client discounts from their master file if set up, or from a Price Book entry. However the user can select a Discount code from the drop-down menu or enter a discount in manually.
- Discount % – Once the discount code is entered, the discount percentage will display automatically.
- Tax Code – These should not normally be altered by the user and are entered by the system as they are setup elsewhere in the system. The user can select a Tax Code from the drop-down menu or enter in manually if required.
- Tax % – The system will automatically populate this field once the code is selected. To overwrite, simply type in.
- Tax Amount – The system will automatically calculate the amount of tax in each line in the transaction.
- Total – This displays the line total for the item – Inventory quantity x Rate + Tax = Total.
- Project – Is a linked field and the User can use the Wildcard options to search for the Project ID. The system will then display the Projects Name.
- Project Retention % – If a Retention Amount has been st up in the selected project, this will be displayed here on a line by line basis.
- Don’t Print Checkbox – If this checkbox is selected, the currently highlighted line will not print on the Invoice. The amount from this line will still be included in the total value of the Invoice.
- System automatic data entry – All of the following items details must first be entered into each Inventory Item. The user will note that these data fields are a mixture of grey and white.
- Weight / Area – Is white and indicates that this field is modifiable by the user. It displays the total weight or area x order quantity. The user may enter the total weight required, which will automatically update the order quantity.
- Carton – Is grey and displays the total cartons: quantity multiplied by the carton quantity set in Inventory details and is not user modifiable.
- Pallet – Is white and indicates that this field is modifiable by the user. It displays the pallet quantity. The number of items that will fit on a pallet to the second decimal place. The user may enter the total pallets required, which will automatically update the order quantity.
- 2nd Unit – These must be entered into each Inventory Item. The system then displays total 2nd unit quantity multiplied by 2nd unit quantity set in inventory details. The white highlight denotes that this field is automatically populated when other information is entered.
- WET Tax – Wine Equalisation Tax. For this to be used a checkbox must first be selected in master defaults. The system will then display the data entry field for WET tax.
The Transaction Footer is the information bar along the bottom of the screen, and allows for easy checking of the critical details of a transaction.
These details include:
- Sequence – Is the automatically generated unique Sequence number.
- Batch – The Batch field shows the total for all orders entered in the current group.
- Amount – Total Amount is the Tax free amount of the order.
- Weight/Area – Weight/Area is the total weight or area of all lines entered on the order.
- Carton – Is the calculated total quantity of Cartons.
- Pallets – Is the calculated total quantity of Pallets.
- Discount – This Discount box allows the user to apply an overall discount percentage to the entire invoice. All lines in the Invoice!
- Tags – The user can select a saved Tag from this Drop down or add a custom tag.
- Add/Remove – The user can click on the + to add a line or – to remove a transaction line.
- Note that a tag of HOLD is hardwired into the system. When it is selected the transaction may not be posted until the tag status of HOLD is removed or altered to something other than HOLD.
- Many of the tag headings are user configurable. All of the items in the tag drop down lists may be created by the user.
- To add in a new tag to the list simply type it in and move the focus away, (tab away). The system will ask if you want to add the new tag to the list.
- To remove a tag, select it, then re-select it while holding the Control or Command key down. You will be asked if you want to remove it from the list.