Inventory – Sales – Sales Client Credit
Sales Client Credit is the fourth item the Data Entry – Sales Drop-down Menu .A Sales Client Credit is commonly referred to as a Client Rreturn.
A Sales Client Credit is where the client receives a refund in the original form of payment, exchange for another item (identical or different), or a credit.
The difference between this and a Cash Return is there is a Client ID available for entry into this transaction.
Sales Client Credit Overview
Things to note before creating a Sales Client Credit transaction.
Any data entry field that has a light blue background is a linked data entry field. If you do not know the exact ID to enter, the user may replace some or all of the characters with the @ or ? symbols. The system will then display a much shorter list for the user to select the correct ID from. For example,if the user enters K@ the system will display all records beginning with K.
When a data entry field heading is underlined this indicates that once an ID has been entered the user may then click on the underlined heading. The system will then do a specific query for the ID as entered and display a list with just the single item in it. The user may then view or modify the item as normal.
1. Details Area
Entering Client Details
- Client ID – The Client ID is a linked field where the Wildcard options may be used to enter parts of the Client ID.
- Contact – Accept the default contact person or select the contact person you are dealing with.
- Address 1 – This field is the default mailing address which automatically populates from the client record.
- DoNotShip – Select this checkbox if for some reason this Sales Client Credit transaction is not to be shipped.
- Alternate delivery address – You can also type in an alternative delivery address.
- Delivery address different from defaults – If you have alternative delivery addresses saved in the client address page you can select them from a drop-down list using the icon just above the topmost address data entry field.
- Copy Mailing address to the delivery address – Copy the mailing address to the delivery address field by selecting the . This icon is the one that is between the two address data entry fields.
- To the left of the icon documented above is an additional icon. When this icon is selected, a pop up is displayed that allows the user to add up to two additional lines to the address. For example the addition of a persons name which is printed above the address lines.
- Document Paperclip – Scan and attach any documents relating to the Sales Client Credit.
The user will note that initially there is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of this area with the words 0 Items after it. The colour of this paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction.
When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction.
Within reason any number of documents may be attached to a transaction!
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop up will be displayed.
Note: While the screenshot below is from Mac, for Windows users the Document List pop up is identical!
There are eight buttons or icons on this Document List pop up.
- When the button is selected the system will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. (The appropriate software must be installed on the local machine or workstation)
- When the button is selected the system display a popup which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. (The new version will still be linked to any transaction’s as was the old version).
- When the Scan button is selected the system will access a scanner and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to this transaction. (The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or workstation).
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected, will delete the currently highlighted transaction or record.
- When the Add button is selected the system will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local machine or workstation.
2. Information Tab Area
This area is used to display extra information about the current entry. It should be pointed out that you may only view information here and not alter it.
Click on the Information Tabs to select the details you would like displayed. The Information Tabs change automatically for the different transactions being viewed.
- Client – Displays client details including phone & fax numbers, email address, credit limit, ABN, warning message, payment terms, last transaction date, balance owed etc.
- Invoice – Displays a list of recent invoices. An invoice can be copied by using right click and select Copy Transaction.
- Lines – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory line detail from history, quantity, rate, date, transaction type.
- Inventory – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory details such as available stock, stock on order, standard price, next arrival date, default vendor.
- Pricing – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays any Price Book entries which apply to the selected item.
- Items – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays additional inventory details.
- Control – This tab displays information about the transaction such as the date it was created and who created it.
- Allocation – This Tab displays any allocation of the Return.
- Add/Deduct – This tab displays additions and deductions details.
- Error Code – Displays any error code such as negative stock, batch error and period error.
3. Tracking Area
This area stores details relating to the current Date, Delivery Date, Invoice No, Sales Rep and Carrier.
Entering Tracking Info
- Date In – Is the date that this Order has been entered on the system (usually the system date).
- Delivery – Is the expected delivery date.
- Credit No – Internal reference number and automatically generated.
- Order No – External reference number.
- Rep ID – Sales representative ID.
- Carrier – Shipping carrier, for example Australia Post.
- Period – Period matching the date, set in company controls.
- Run : Delivery Run allocated to this transaction.
4. Transaction Lines Area
Entering the Transaction Lines area
All of the lines in the Destination area listed here. The list only displays the basic details of each Line.
You cannot directly edit from this list.
To view or modify any line in this Line Listing area, select or highlight a line.
All of the additional data entry fields will then be displayed for you immediately above the list of lines.
From there the user is able to view or modify all of the data entry fields for the line as required.
The easiest way to add a line is with the keyboard shortcut. Hold the (Command or Control key down and select forward slash (/). The system will then place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field ready for the entry of a new line. Alternatively, selecting the button will also place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field, ready for the entry of a new line.
Lines may also be added to the transaction by clicking on the button or selecting the button to delete the currently highlighted line.
ID data entry filed ready for the user to enter in an ID for the first line in the transaction. (Or add another line to the Destination area).
Alternatively they may use the button to add a new line into the destination area. (Same result as above).
The user may use the button to remove the currently highlighted line in the destination area.
Data entry lines consist of:
- 1st line is for the Inventory ID, quantities, tax and pricing.
- 2nd line has Project details, Project retention amounts and printing options.
- 3rd line displays the total weight, cartons or pallets of the Inventory Item.
- 4th line displays 2nd Unit of the Inventory Item and WET if applicable.
Entering a Line in the Transaction Lines area.
- Inventory – Is a linked field and the user can use the Wildcard options, to enter the Inventory ID. Type in a Part of the ID and use wildcards for the remainder of the ID. The system will then display a much shorter list for the user to select from.
- Inventory Details – Once the Inventory ID is entered the system will automatically display the Inventory Items name.
- Unit – This data field populates from the unit details as set up in the inventory item, for example Set, Each, Ctn, Kg, etc.
- Quantity – The number of Inventory items in this line in the Client Invoice.
- Rate – The rate will be entered by the system as setup in the Inventory items master file and should not normally be altered. Provision has been made for the user to enter the rate price of the item on a line by line basis.
- Discount – The system will read any Client discounts from their master file if set up but the user can select a Discount code from the drop-down menu or enter a discount in manually.
- Discount % – Once the discount code is entered, the discount percentage will display automatically.
- Tax Code – These should not normally be altered by the user and are entered by the system as they are setup elsewhere in the system. The user can select a Tax Code from the drop-down menu or enter in manually if required.
- Tax % – The system will automatically populate this field once the code is selected. To overwrite, simply type in.
- Tax Amount – The system will automatically calculate the amount of tax in each line in the transaction.
- Total – This displays the line total for the item – Inventory quantity x Rate + Tax = Total.
- Project – Is a linked field and the User can use the Wildcard [ (@ or ? ) and TAB ] option to search for the Project ID. The system will then display the Projects Name.
- Project Retention % – If a Retention Amount has been st up in the selected project, this will be displayed here on a line by line basis.
- Do Not Print Checkbox – If this checkbox is selected, the currently highlighted line will not print on the Invoice. The amount from this line will still be included in the total value of the Invoice.
- System automatic data entry – All of the following items details must first be entered into each Inventory Item. The user will note that these data fields are a mixture of grey and white. Grey indicates that it is entered by the system and the user is not allowed to alter it. The white background indicates that if a quantity is entered into to these data entry fields by a user, the system will then re-calculate the quantity.
- 2nd Unit – Displays total 2nd unit (quantity multiplied by 2nd unit quantity set in Inventory details).
- Weight / Area – Is white and indicates that this field is modifiable by the user. It displays the total weight or area x order quantity. The user may enter the total weight required, which will automatically update the order quantity.
- Carton – Is grey and displays the total cartons: quantity multiplied by the carton quantity set in Inventory details and is not user modifiable.
- Pallet – Is white and indicates that this field is modifiable by the user. It displays the pallet quantity. The number of items that will fit on a pallet to the second decimal place. The user may enter the total pallets required, which will automatically update the order quantity.
- WET Tax – Wine Equalisation Tax. For this to be used a checkbox must first be selected in master defaults which tells the system to display the WET heading and data entry filed in a transaction. For system to correctly enter the WET values here, the details must be recorded in the Inventory item itself.
5. Transaction Footer Area
The information bar along the bottom provides for easy checking of the critical details of a transaction.
- Sequence Number – Is the automatically generated unique Sequence number.
- Batch – The Batch field shows the total for all returns entered in the current group.
- Amount – Total Amount is the Tax free amount of the return.
- System automatic data entry – All of the following items must first be entered into each Inventory Item. The user will note that these fields have a grey background, indicating that they not user modifyiable and are automatically populated by the system when the data for them is correctly entered into each Inventory Items master record.
- Weight Area – This field will then display the total weight of the transaction.
- Carton – This field displays the total number of cartons in the transaction.
- Pallet – This field displays the total number of pallets in the transaction.
- Discount – This Discount data entry field allows the user to apply an overall discount percentage to the return. Note the entire transaction!
- Tag – The user can select a saved Tag from this Drop down or add a custom tag.
- Note that a tag of HOLD is hardwired into the system. When it is selected the transaction may not be posted until the tag status of HOLD is removed or altered to something other than HOLD.
- Many of the tag headings are user configurable. All of the items in the tag drop down lists may be created by the user.
- To add in a new tag to the list simply type it in and move the focus away, (tab away). The system will ask if you want to add the new tag to the list.
- To remove a tag, select it, then re-select it while holding the Control or Command key down. You will be asked if you want to remove it from the list.
Watch how to enter a Sales Client Credit in SapphireOne