Inventory – Sales – Quote Client Invoice
Quote Client Invoice is the first item in the Data Entry – Sales drop-down menu. Quote Client Invoice is commonly referred to as a Client Quote .By entering a valid Client ID into the quote, Client mailing and delivery details are automatically populated from the Client’s Master File.
You can change the mailing and/or delivery addresses as required.
Quote Client Invoice Overview
- Quotes should not be left in the system on a permanent basis as they can take up system resources.
Any data entry field that has a light blue background is a linked data entry field. If you do not know the exact ID to enter, the user may replace some or all of the characters with the @ or ? symbols. The system will then display a much shorter list for the user to select the correct ID from. For example,if the user enters K@ the system will display all records beginning with K.
When a data entry field heading is underlined this indicates that once an ID has been entered the user may then click on the underlined heading. The system will then do a specific query for the ID as entered and display a list with just the single item in it. The user may then view or modify the item as normal.
On the Details Page there are five main areas of the Quote Client Invoice screen
1. Details Area.
- Client ID – The Client ID is a linked field where the Wildcard characters may be used options or simply type part of the Client’s name.
- Contact – Accept the the default contact person or select the contact person you are dealing with.
- Address 1 – This field is the mailing address which automatically populates from the client record.
- Address 2 – This field is the physical address which automatically populates from the client record.
- Alternate delivery address – You can type in an alternative delivery address.
- Delivery address from defaults – If you have alternative delivery addresses saved in the client address page you can select them from a drop-down list.
- Copy Mailing address to the delivery address – Copy the mailing address to the delivery address field by selecting the arrow.
- Document Paperclip – Scan and attach any documents relating to the Quote Client Invoice.
The user will note that initially there is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of this area with the words 0 Items after it. The colour of this paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction.
When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction.
Within reason any number of documents may be attached to a transaction!
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop up will be displayed.
Note: While the screenshot below is from Mac, for Windows users the Document List pop up is identical!
There are eight buttons or icons on this Document List pop up.
- When the button is selected the system will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. (The appropriate software must be installed on the local machine or workstation)
- When the button is selected the system display a popup which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. (The new version will still be linked to any transaction’s as was the old version).
- When the Scan button is selected the system will access a scanner and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to this transaction. (The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or workstation).
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected, will delete the currently highlighted transaction or record.
- When the Add button is selected the system will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local machine or workstation.
2. Information Tab Area
This area is used to display extra information about the current entry. It should be pointed out that you may only view information here and not alter it.
- Client – Displays client details including phone numbers, email address, credit limit, ABN, warning message, payment terms, last transaction date, balance owed etc.
- Invoice – Displays a list of recent invoices. An invoice can be copied by using right click and select Copy Transaction.
- Lines – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory line’s details from history, quantity, rate, date and transaction type.
- Inventory – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory details such as available stock, stock on order, standard price, next arrival date and default vendor.
- Items – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays additional inventory details.
- Control – This tab displays information about the transaction such as the date it was created and who created it.
- Error Code – Displays any error code such as negative stock, batch error and period error.
3. Tracking Details Area
The area stores details relating to the current Quote and is somewhat different to other Tracking areas in SapphireOne.
Entering Tracking Info
- System Entered Items –
- Margin, Markup and GP – These three data entry fields are grey indicating that they are not user entered but are populated with the amounts entered in the Transaction Lines section.
- Period – This field is populated with the period matching the date set up in company controls.
- Date In – The date this Quote has been entered on the system (usually the system date).
- Expiry – The date this Quote expires.
- Quote No – Internal reference number in the system.
- Order No – External reference number in the system.
- Rep ID – Sales representative ID if required.
- Carrier – Shipping carrier, for example Australia Post.
4. Transaction Lines Area
The Transaction Lines area is where the lines that go to make up this transaction are entered and stored. If the transaction has been saved but is currently unposted, they can be added to, or modified as required.
This section contains 5 data entry lines and a transaction summary area.
All of the lines in the transaction area are listed here. The list only displays the basic details of each Line.
You cannot directly edit from this list.
To view or modify any line in this Line Listing area, select or highlight a line.
All of the additional data entry fields will then be displayed for you immediately above the list of lines.
From there the user is able to view or modify all of the data entry fields for the line as required.
The easiest way to add a line is with the keyboard shortcut. Hold the (Command or Control key down and select forward slash (/). The system will then place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field ready for the entry of a new line. Alternatively, selecting the button will also place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field, ready for the entry of a new line.
Lines may also be added to the transaction by clicking on the button or selecting the button to delete the currently highlighted line.
Data entry lines consist of:
- 1st line is for the Inventory ID, quantities, tax and pricing.
- 2nd line has Project details, retention amount, printing and shipping.
- 3rd line can be utilised for price negotiations using Margin and Markup.
- 4th line displays the total weight, cartons, pallets or 2nd unit of the Inventory Item.
- 5th line is where preferred Vendor (set up in Master Defaults) can be selected and any negotiated Buy Price and Reference.
Entering the Transaction Line Details.
- Inventory – Is a linked field and the User can use the Wildcard search option to find The Inventory ID. Simply type part or all of the ID with the wildcards of the product name to search for the Inventory ID.
- Inventory Details – Once the ID is entered the system will display the Inventory name.
- Quote – Enter the quantity where a quote is required.
- The system will then display the Available on hand now, as well as any that will have to go onto Back Order.
- Rate – The system will enter the rate as entered on the Inventory item. However the user can enter the rate price manually by direct entry if required.
- Discount – The system will read any Client discounts from their master file, or discounts set up for the Item from Price Book if a discount for the item is current. If required the user can select a Discount code from the drop-down menu or enter a discount in manually.
- Discount % – Once the discount code is entered, the discount percentage will display automatically.
- Tax Code – These should not normally be altered by the user and are entered by the system as they are setup elsewhere in the system. The user can also select a Tax Code from the drop-down menu or enter in manually if required.
- Tax % – The system will automatically populate this field once the code is selected. To overwrite, simply type in.
- Tax Amount – The system will automatically calculate the amount of tax in each line in the transaction.
- Total – This displays the line total for the item – Quote quantity x Rate + Tax = Total.
- Project ID – Is a linked field and the User can use the Wildcard search options to search for the Project ID.
- Project Name – Once the Project ID is entered the system will display the Project Name.
- Don’t Print Checkbox – If this checkbox is selected, the currently highlighted line will not print on the Invoice. The amount from this line will still be included in the total value of the Invoice.
- Trans Ship Checkbox – Select this checkbox if the goods are to be shipped to the Client directly from the Vendor.
- Margin – This field allows for any price negotiation to be calculated on individual items. When the margin % is increased or decreased, the Rate will automatically reflect the change.
- Markup – This field allows for any Markup to be calculated on individual items. When the Markup % is increased or decreased, the Rate will automatically reflect the change.
- GP – Is the Gross profit (rate less cost price) and allows for any price negotiation to be calculated on individual items. When the GP is increased or decreased, the Rate will automatically reflect the change.
- Cost – The cost is normally setup in the Inventory item. This Cost data entry field may be changed to reflect the expected cost of an item. This is useful if the product has not been purchased or sold for some time.
- Discount $ – The User may enter discount as a dollar amount rather than percentage.
- System automatic data entry – All of the following items details must first be entered into each Inventory Item. The user will note that these data fields are a mixture of grey and white. Grey indicates that it is entered by the system and is not allowed for a user to alter it. The white background indicates that if a quantity here is entered by a user, the system will then go back and re-calculate the quantity.
- Weight Area – This field will then display the total weight for the transaction.
- Carton – This field will then display the total cartons in the transaction.
- Pallet – This field will then display the pallet quantity for this transaction.
- 2nd Unit – This field will display the Inventory items 2nd unit.
- Vendor – The system will automatically populate this data entry field with the following proviso:
- The preferred Vendor must be entered into the second page of the Inventory item’s master record.
- The Back to Back order function will have to be activated in Master Defaults by selection of the Back to Back order function checkbox.
- Buy Price – This field Displays the last purchase price of the item from the Vendor selected (Last Cost).
- Inventory ID – Displays the Vendor’s product code. (Must be entered in to the Inventory Items master record).
- Transaction summary area : Displays all transaction lines in the quote.
5. Transaction Footer Area
The Transaction Footer is the information bar along the bottom of the screen, and allows for easy checking of the critical details of a transaction.
These Tabs include
- Sequence – Is the automatically generated unique Sequence number.
- Batch – The Batch field shows the total for all orders entered in the current group.
- Amount – Total Amount is the Tax free amount of the order.
- Weight/Area – Weight/Area is the total weight or area of all lines entered on the order.
- Carton – Is the calculated total quantity of Cartons.
- Pallets – Is the calculated total quantity of Pallets.
- Discount – This Discount box allows the user to apply an overall discount percentage to the entire invoice. All lines in the Invoice!
- Tags – The user can select a saved Tag from this Drop down or add a custom tag.
- Note that a tag of HOLD is hardwired into the system. When it is selected the transaction may not be posted until the tag status of HOLD is removed or altered to something other than HOLD.
- Many of the tag headings are user configurable. All of the items in the tag drop down lists may be created by the user.
- To add in a new tag to the list simply type it in and move the focus away, (tab away). The system will ask if you want to add the new tag to the list.
- To remove a tag, select it, then re-select it while holding the Control or Command key down. You will be asked if you want to remove it from the list.
SapphireOne checks that each transaction entry is complete and balanced before allowing any saving operation. When the Out of Balance is 0.00 the tick, will activate in the top tool bar indicating to the user that the transaction is ready to be saved. When more than a single transaction is selected, Blue will also be displayed on the main toolbar. See below for additional details.
You can save your Transaction in one of three methods:
Select the Tick when it is activated. This will save the current transaction and return the user to the main tool bar or the list.
When multiple transactions have been selected the user may click on the tick on the tool bar with the results as seen as above.
Click on either of the the Arrows. This will tell the system to save the current transaction and open the next transaction in the list ready for data entry or modification. Also note that for what ever page is open in the transaction the system will move to the next transaction displaying the exact same page. I.e. Terms page to Terms page. Very handy when checking the same data in multiple items.
Selecting the Enter Key on the keypad. The system will then save the current transaction and opens another transaction of the same type ready for data entry. Very handy when entering multiple transactions of the same type. I.e. Client Receipt, Client Receipt.