Order Client Invoice Overview
The Order Client Invoice screen (commonly referred to as a Client Order) is the second item in the Inventory Sales drop-down menu. An Order Client Invoice is used when a Quote Client Invoice is converted to a client order. Alternatively, you can directly enter as a Sales Order.
The Order Client Invoice displays the number of items ordered, deliverable now, and the number on back order. There are no Periods on Orders as they are held in the current period until they are converted to Invoices. When End of Month is run, SapphireOne will re-write the period so that all orders in SapphireOne remain in the current month or period. Orders should not be left in SapphireOne as the are continually brought into current by SapphireOne and if allowed to build up will consume system resources.
- Client ID – The Client ID is a linked field where the Wildcard characters may be used. Simply type part of the Client’s ID with the wildcards replacing some characters.
- Clients Name – SapphireOne will display the Client’s name when a valid ID is entered.
- Contact – Accept the default contact person or select the contact person you are dealing with.
- Address 1 – This field is the mailing address which automatically populates from the client record.
- DoNotShip – Tick if there is a reason this Order when converted to a Invoice is not to be shipped.
- Alternate delivery address – You can type in an alternative delivery address.
- Delivery address from defaults – If you have alternative delivery addresses saved in the client address page you can select them from a drop-down list.
- Copy Mailing address – to the delivery address – Copy the mailing address to the delivery address field using the .
- Document Paperclip – Scan and attach any documents relating to the client order.
There is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of the first page of all data entry and all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. Within all data entry and inquiry screens there is also a separate page just for managing documents i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or relevant record. An infinate number of documents may be attached to a transaction or record at any time.
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop-up will be displayed.
Please note, the Document List screenshot below is identical for both Mac and Windows users.
Any type of document can be attached using the Paperclip. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. The appropriate software must be installed on the computer or device before opening.
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version.
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
Any data entry field that has a light blue background is a linked data entry field. If you do not know the exact ID to enter, the user may replace some or all of the characters with the “@” or “?” characters. SapphireOne will then display a much shorter list for the user to select the correct ID from. For example,if the user enters “K@” SapphireOne will display all records beginning with K.
When a data entry field heading is underlined this indicates that once an ID has been entered the user may then click on the underlined heading. SapphireOne will then do a specific query for the ID as entered and display a list with just the single item in it. The user may then view or modify the item as normal.
Information Tab Area
The Order Client Invoice Information Tab area is used to display extra information about the current entry. It should be pointed out that you may only view information here and not alter it.
- Client – Displays client details including phone & fax numbers, email address, credit limit, ABN, warning message, payment terms, last transaction date, balance owed etc.
- Invoices – Displays a list of recent invoices. An invoice can be copied by using right click and select Copy Transaction.
- Lines – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory line detail from history, quantity, rate, date, transaction type.
- Inventory – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory details such as available stock, stock on order, standard price, next arrival date, default vendor.
- Items – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays additional inventory details.
- Control – This tab displays information about the transaction such as the date it was created and who created it.This Tab also displays the total value and percentage of the allocation.
- Allocation – This Tab displays any allocation of the Order to a Client Receipt or credit. It shows the allocated dollar amount and the allocated percentage.
- Error Code – Displays any error code such as negative stock, batch error and period error.
Tracking Details Area
The Order Client Invoice Tracking Details area stores details relating to the current Date, Delivery Date, Invoice No, Sales Rep and Carrier.
- Date In – Is the date that this Order has been entered on SapphireOne (usually the current system date).
- Delivery – Is the expected delivery date.
- Invoice No – Internal reference number and automatically generated.
- Order – External reference number.
- Rep ID – Sales representative ID.
- Carrier – Shipping carrier, for example Australia Post.
- Run – Delivery Run allocated.
- Period – Period matching the date, set in company controls.
Transaction Lines Area
- Inventory – Is a linked field and the user can use the Wildcard option to search for the Inventory ID.
- Inventory Name – Once the Inventory ID is entered SapphireOne will automatically display the Inventory name.
- Unit – Populates the unit details as set up in the inventory’s master item, for example Set, Each, Ctn, Kg, etc.
- Ordered – Enter the Number ordered.
- B/O – If necessary enter the number on Back Order.
- Deliver – Number deliverable now.
- For the above three fields, Ordered, B/O and Deliver, when the user enters a quantity into two of them, SapphireOne will calculate the third field automatically.
- Rate – Enter the rate or price of the item.
- Discount – The User can select a Discount code from the drop-down menu or enter in manually.
- Discount % – Once the discount code is selected, the discount percentage will be calculated by SapphireOne automatically.
- Tax Code – It is not recommended that this is altered as it should be setup by someone who is managing SapphireOne. There is provision for a User to select a Tax Code from the drop-down menu or enter in manually.
- Tax % – SapphireOne will automatically populate this field once the code is selected. To overwrite, simply type in.
- Tax Amount – SapphireOne will calculate the amount.
- Total – This displays the line total for the item – Order quantity x Rate + Tax = Total.
- Project – Is a linked field and the User can use the Wildcard option to search for the Project ID.
- Project Name – SapphireOne will display the Project Name when a valid ID has been entered.
- Project Retention Rate – This is set up in Master Defaults Projects page. A pop up will automatically be displayed after entering in a Project ID.
- Don’t Print – Select ‘Don’t Print’ to stop the line below from printing on the Invoice. The amount from this line is still included in the total value of the Invoice.
- System automatic data entry – All of the following items details must first be entered into each Inventory Item. The user will note that these Data fields are a mixture of grey and white.
- Carton – Is grey and displays the total cartons: quantity multiplied by the carton quantity set in Inventory details and is not user modifiable.
- Weight / Area – Is white and indicates that this field is modifiable by the user. It displays the total weight or area x order quantity. The user may enter the total weight required, which will automatically update the order quantity.
- Pallet – Is white and indicates that this field is modifiable by the user. It displays the pallet quantity. The number of items that will fit on a pallet to the second decimal place. The user may enter the total pallets required, which will automatically update the order quantity.
- WET – If the Wine equalisation tax checkbox, (WET) is selected in Master Defaults/Inventory, an additional data entry field will be displayed immediately after the Pallet data field. The value here must be calculated by the user and manually entered.
All of the lines in the Transaction Lines area, are listed here. The list itself, only displays the basic details of each Line. You cannot directly edit from this list.
To view or modify any line in this Line Listing area, select or highlight a line.
All of the additional data entry fields will then be displayed for you immediately above the list of lines.
From there the user is able to view or modify all of the data entry fields for the line as required.
The easiest way to add a line is with the keyboard shortcut. Hold the (Command or Control key down and select forward slash (/). SapphireOne will then place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field ready for the entry of a new line. Alternatively, selecting the button will also place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field, ready for the entry of a new line.
Lines may also be added to the transaction by clicking on the button or selecting the button to delete the currently highlighted line.
Transaction Footer Area
The Order Client Invoice Transaction Footer area is the information bar along the bottom of the data entry screen, and provides easy checking of critical details of a transaction.
- Sequence Number – Is an automatically generated unique Sequence number.
- Batch – The Batch field shows the total for all orders entered in the current group.
- Amount – Total Amount is the Tax free value of the order.
- Totals – For the following items to be correctly calculated by SapphireOne here in the footer, each and every Inventory item in the Order must have the following details entered correctly, so that SapphireOne can correctly total them.
- Ordered/Weight – Is the total weight of all lines.
- Carton – Is the calculated total quantity of Cartons.
- Pallets – Is the calculated total quantity of Pallets.
- Discount Button – When the discount button is selected SapphireOne will display a pop up which allows the user to apply an overall discount as a percentage or a dollar amount percentage to the entire transaction!
- Tag – The user can mark this transaction with a tag from the tag drop down menu.
- Note that a tag of HOLD is hardwired into SapphireOne. When it is selected the transaction may not be posted until the tag status of HOLD is removed or altered to something other than HOLD.
- Most of the Tag Headings are user configurable.
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
Utilities \ Controls \ Master Defaults \ then select the appropriate functions Page
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
- All of the items in the Tag drop down lists may be created by the user.
- The drop-down menus are created by entering in an item not on the list, then (tab away). SapphireOne will ask if you want to add the new tag to the list.
- To remove a tag, hold the Control or Command key down and then select it. You will be asked if you want to remove it from the list.
SapphireOne checks that each transaction entry is complete and balanced before allowing any saving operation. When the Out of Balance is 0.00 the tick, will activate in the top tool bar indicating to the user that the transaction is ready to be saved. When more than a single transaction is selected, Blue will also be displayed on the main toolbar. See below for additional details.
You can save your Transaction in one of three methods:
Select the Tick when it is activated. This will save the current transaction and return the user to the main tool bar or the list.
When multiple transactions have been selected the user may click on the tick on the tool bar with the results as seen as above.
Click on either of the the Arrows. This will tell SapphireOne to save the current transaction and open the next transaction in the list ready for data entry or modification. Also note that for what ever page is open in the transaction SapphireOne will move to the next transaction displaying the exact same page. I.e. Terms page to Terms page. Very handy when checking the same data in multiple items.
Selecting the Enter Key on the keypad. SapphireOne will then save the current transaction and opens another transaction of the same type ready for data entry. Very handy when entering multiple transactions of the same type. I.e. Client Receipt, Client Receipt.
Client Order Full History – Details Page
SapphireOne gives the user the option to display an Order Client Invoice in a full history mode. Selecting this mode will load all inventory the selected client has purchased for the designated number of periods. The amount of historical data shown will depend on the defaults selected by the user. The purpose of this function is to faciliate very fast data entry for existing customers with existing order history.
To turn this function on, navigate to Utilities > Controls > Master Defaults > Invoices Page. In the Default Setting area, under the Data Entry heading, select from the following four checkbox options:
- Client History Order
- Client History Order Special Rate
- History Base on the last (insert number) periods
- Fill Client History without build component
Selecting these options will change the display of the Details Page for the user as seen in the screenshot above.
Enter the Client ID into the Client ID data entry field and select the Full History button to load the total order history of the selected Client into the Transaction Lines area. The Transaction Lines area will now display the following additional historical data fields.
- Ordered – The total number ordered for the particular inventory item.
- B/O – The number of items that were back ordered and could not be delivered. These items are not physically in stock yet.
- Deliver – The number of inventory items that were delivered. For example, 10 items were Ordered, 2 were Back Ordered, and 8 were Delivered.
- Stock – The current level of stock available.
- Item/Pallet – The number pallets required for the number of inventory units ordered.
- Std Price – The standard sales price of the inventory.
- Last Price – The price that the item was previously purchased for by the client.
- Min Price – The minimum price that the user is permitted to sell the inventory item at.
- Last Qty – The last quantity that was purchased.
- Last Date – The last date the inventory was purchased by the client.
- YTD Qty – The total number of units purchased by the client Year To Date.
- Location – The location that the client purchased the inventory from.
More Details Page
The More Details Page of the Order Client Invoice includes additional data entry fields for Tax Details, Delivery Instructions, Standing Transactions, Transaction Details, Payment Details, Card Details, Cash Details and Cheque Details.
Text Details Area
The SapphireOne Text Details area is for adding additional unlimited text information regarding the quote.
Delivery Instructions Area
The SapphireOne Delivery Instructions area is for adding additional unlimited Delivery Instructions regarding the quote.
Standing Transactions Area
- Scheduled – The user has the ability to schedule all transaction types on a Weekly, Fortnightly, 30 Day, Monthly, Yearly or Other basis.
- Start/Next Date – Enter the next Start date of the next scheduled transaction. Click on the underlined heading to bring up the SapphireOne Calendar and select your date.
- Stop Date – Enter the Stop date of the next scheduled transaction. Click on the underlined heading to bring up the SapphireOne Calendar and select your date.
Transaction Details Area
- Date Due – This is another date field that can be added to the quote. Click on the underlined heading to bring up the SapphireOne Calendar and select your date.
- Discount – The user has the ability to apply an overall discount on the entire transaction.
- Convert – The convert box allows users to convert the quote to a Sales Client Invoice (SCI) or a Till Client Invoice (Point of Sale POS). When selecting TCI checkbox the user then has the ability to enter which Till in the Till field box.
- In Store – This can be either the date that the stock is expected to arrive in store, or alternatively the date that the customer has requested the stock to arrive. Click on the underlined heading to bring up the SapphireOne Calendar and select your date.
- Check Status Dropdown – This allows the user to show the status of the goods. Select from Picked or Checked.
- Browse Signature Button – This allows the user to enter an image of the Clients Signature into the Client Signature text box below. When using SapphireOne’s Web Pack on a iPad, selecting this button will allow the user to sign the text box directly.
- Client Signature Text Box – This text box is used to store the Clients Signature of the invoice. Click on the Browse Signature Button above to insert an image of the Signature from your device.
- Footer Details Text Box – This is an additional information box for the user to include any additional fields or information to the Footer of the transaction.
- Order Message Text Box – This is an additional information box for the user to include any additional messages or information related to the transaction.
Payment Details Area
- Paid To – The users nominated Bank Account where the funds will be receipted to.
- Card – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being paid on the Clients Credit Card.
- Cheque – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being paid by Cheque.
- Cash – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being paid by Cash.
- Acc / Other – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being allocated to their Client Account Balance.
- O/B – Any amount that has not yet been allocated will be displayed here to ensure that the amount is always balanced.
- Finance Dropdown – This dropdown is set up specifically for finance payment options, such as AfterPay, ZipMoney, Klarna, Splitit, OpenPay, PayRight, Laybuy etc. The user can add their payment option which can be set up in the Master Defaults.
Card Details Area
- Owner – Enter the Card owners Name that appears on the Credit Card.
- Card Nº – Enter the Credit Card Number.
- Expiry – Enter the expiry date.
- Type – Enter the Card Type i.e. Amex, MasterCard, Visa, etc.
- Authorisation Nº – Enter the Card Authorisation Number.
- Process Button – Selecting this button processes the Credit Card Details online through the SapphireOne / Stripe API.
Cash Details Area
- Total – This is the total sum amount of the dollar amounts entered in above Payment Details area.
- Cash Out – This is the amount to be given back to the Client in Cash. This will typically be something you see in a POS environment.
- Payment – This is a sum total of the different types of payments.
- Cash Change – The amount to be returned to the Client in the form of Cash.
- Process Payment Details Checkbox – Selecting this checkbox will automatically create a Client Receipt for all Sales transaction types i.e. Quote Client Invoice, Sales Client Invoice and Order Client Invoice.
Cheque Details Area
- Bank – The Bank name that the cheque has been drawn from is entered here.
- Branch – The Branch name that the cheque has been drawn from is entered here.
- Drawer – The Drawer is the Company name and can be entered here.
- Chq N – The Cheque number can be entered here.
- Exclude from Loyalty – In SapphireOne you have the ability to set up a Loyalty system whereby every time a transaction is created it can generate Loyalty points. Selecting this checkbox will exclude the transaction from the SapphireOne loyalty program.
This Custom Page is where the user is able to customise both the Custom and Transaction Lines area. This Custom Page is available in nearly every major function in SapphireOne, including Clients, Vendors, Inventory, Job Projects, Assets and Employee inquiries.
There are various numbers of Alpha, Numeric, Date and text field headings that are available for the user to customise. When the user edits these headings it is important to consider the number of characters that will fit into the space provided on the Custom page itself. A second consideration is how the headings will fit into any reports that are produced from this Custom Page.
For the existing default names as entered by SapphireOne, the first number indicates the order that it is in the group, and the second number denotes how long the actual data entry field is for the entry of user data. For example, IVAlpha1_20 denotes that the Data Entry Field is the 1st data entry field in the group, and it will allow up to 20 characters. IVAlpha4_30 denotes that is is the 4th data entry field in the group with a maxim limit of 30 Characters.
Link to Sequence
The ‘Link to Sequence’ function allows the user to link a Sale and a Purchase to each other. This is done through the SapphireOne Back to Back function. The SapphireOne Back to Back function links each inventory item on a Quote to it’s unique Vendor or Vendors. When the user converts a Quote to an Order Client Invoice (OCI), the Back to Back function will simultaneously generate an Order Vendor Invoice (OVI). Both the OCI and OVI will have their respective sequence numbers linked through the ‘Link To Sequence’ found on the Custom Page.
The same applies to a Sales Client Invoice (SCI) linking to a Purchase Vendor Invoice (PVI). For example, when an OVI arrives into stock and is converted to a PVI, the user will be able to identify which client order the goods are to be applied to by using the sequence number in the ‘Linked To Sequence’ function.
By clicking on the ‘Linked to Sequence’ headline SapphireOne will automatically display the linked transaction.
Transaction Lines Area
In the Transaction Lines area of the Custom Page, each transaction line can have it’s own unique set of custom fields. This includes Notes, five Alpha based custom headings, numeric field and date field per transaction line.
While the screen shot above is from a Sales Transaction, the procedure for the user to customise this page is exactly the same no matter what function the Custom Page resides in. All of the data entry fields in these Custom Pages may be used in reports in the same manner that other data entry fields are reported on in SapphireOne.