Inventory – Sales – Order Client Invoice
Order Client Invoice is the second item in the Data Entry – Sales drop down Menu. Order Client Invoice is commonly referred to as a client Order. Client Orders are entered by converting quotes or directly entering sales orders.
Order Client Invoice Overview
Orders display the number of items ordered, deliverables now, and the number on back order.
There are no Periods on Orders as they are held in the current period until they are converted to Invoices. When End of Month is run, the system will re-write the period so that all orders in the system remain in the current month or period.
Orders should not be left in the system as the are continually brought into current by the system and if allowed to build up will consume system resources
Any data entry field that has a light blue background is a linked data entry field. If you do not know the exact ID to enter, the user may replace some or all of the characters with the @ or ? symbols. The system will then display a much shorter list for the user to select the correct ID from. For example,if the user enters K@ the system will display all records beginning with K.
When a data entry field heading is underlined this indicates that once an ID has been entered the user may then click on the underlined heading. The system will then do a specific query for the ID as entered and display a list with just the single item in it. The user may then view or modify the item as normal.
1. Client Details Area
Entering Client Details:
- Client ID – The Client ID is a linked field where the Wildcard characters may be used. Simply type part of the Client’s ID with the wildcards replacing some characters.
- Clients Name – The system will display the Client’s name when a valid ID is entered.
- Contact – Accept the default contact person or select the contact person you are dealing with.
- Address 1 – This field is the mailing address which automatically populates from the client record.
- DoNotShip – Tick if there is a reason this Order when converted to a Invoice is not to be shipped.
- Alternate delivery address – You can type in an alternative delivery address.
- Delivery address from defaults – If you have alternative delivery addresses saved in the client address page you can select them from a drop-down list.
- Copy Mailing address – to the delivery address – Copy the mailing address to the delivery address field using the .
- Document Paperclip – Scan and attach any documents relating to the client order.
The user will note that initially there is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of this area with the words 0 Items after it. The colour of this paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction.
When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction.
Within reason any number of documents may be attached to a transaction!
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop up will be displayed.
Note: While the screenshot below is from Mac, for Windows users the Document List pop up is identical!
There are eight buttons or icons on this Document List pop up.
- When the button is selected the system will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. (The appropriate software must be installed on the local machine or workstation)
- When the button is selected the system display a popup which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. (The new version will still be linked to any transaction’s as was the old version).
- When the Scan button is selected the system will access a scanner and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to this transaction. (The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or workstation).
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected, will delete the currently highlighted transaction or record.
- When the Add button is selected the system will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local machine or workstation.
2. Information Tab Area:
This area is used to display extra information about the current entry. It should be pointed out that you may only view information here and not alter it.
- Client – Displays client details including phone & fax numbers, email address, credit limit, ABN, warning message, payment terms, last transaction date, balance owed etc.
- Invoices – Displays a list of recent invoices. An invoice can be copied by using right click and select Copy Transaction.
- Lines – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory line detail from history, quantity, rate, date, transaction type.
- Inventory – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory details such as available stock, stock on order, standard price, next arrival date, default vendor.
- Items – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays additional inventory details.
- Control – This tab displays information about the transaction such as the date it was created and who created it.
- Allocation – This Tab displays any allocation of the Order to a Client receipt or credit.
- Error Code – Displays any error code such as negative stock, batch error and period error.
3. Tracking Details Area
This area stores details relating to the current Date, Delivery Date, Invoice No, Sales Rep and Carrier.
How to Enter Tracking Info:
- Date In – Is the date that this Order has been entered on the system (usually the current system date).
- Delivery – Is the expected delivery date.
- Invoice No – Internal reference number and automatically generated.
- Order – External reference number.
- Rep ID – Sales representative ID.
- Carrier – Shipping carrier, for example Australia Post.
- Run – Delivery Run allocated.
- Period – Period matching the date, set in company controls.
4. Transaction Lines Area
This section contains 3 data entry lines and a transaction totals line.
Data entry lines consist of:
- 1st line is for the quantity ordered, how many items on back order and deliverables now.
- 2nd line has Project details, retention amount and printing options.
- 3rd line displays the total weight, cartons or pallets of the Inventory Item.
Entering the Transaction Lines area:
The Transaction Lines area is where the lines that go to make up this transaction are entered and stored. If the transaction has been saved but is currently unposted, they can be added to, or modified as required.
All of the lines in the transaction are displayed here. It is a compact list which displays only the basic details of each transaction. You cannot directly edit from this list. To view or modify any line in this Line Listing area, first select/highlight the line. All of the line details will then be displayed for you to view or modify immediately above it.
The easiest way to add a line is with the keyboard shortcut. Hold the (Command or Control key down and select forward slash (/). The system will then place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field ready for the entry of a new line. Alternatively, selecting the button will also place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field, ready for the entry of a new line.
Lines may also be added to the transaction by clicking on the button or selecting the button to delete the currently highlighted line.
Transaction Summary Area:
- Wine equalisation tax (WET) check box must first be selected in Master Defaults. Then each Inventory item that it is to be applied to, must have the details of the WET tax correctly entered. The system will then calculate and display the WET tax amount in the WET tax data entry field.
Entering the Transaction Line Details:
- Inventory – Is a linked field and the user can use the Wildcard option to search for the Inventory ID.
- Inventory Name – Once the Inventory ID is entered the system will automatically display the Inventory name.
- Unit – Populates the unit details as set up in the inventory’s master item, for example Set, Each, Ctn, Kg, etc.
- Ordered – Enter the Number ordered.
- B/O – If necessary enter the number on Back Order.
- Deliver – Number deliverable now.
- For the above three fields, Ordered, B/O and Deliver, when the user enters a quantity into two of them, the system will calculate the third field automatically.
- Rate – Enter the rate or price of the item.
- Discount – The User can select a Discount code from the drop-down menu or enter in manually.
- Discount % – Once the discount code is selected, the discount percentage will be calculated by the system automatically.
- Tax Code – It is not recommended that this is altered as it should be setup by someone who is managing the system. There is provision for a User to select a Tax Code from the drop-down menu or enter in manually.
- Tax % – The system will automatically populate this field once the code is selected. To overwrite, simply type in.
- Tax Amount – The system will calculate the amount.
- Total – This displays the line total for the item – Order quantity x Rate + Tax = Total.
- Project – Is a linked field and the User can use the Wildcard option to search for the Project ID.
- Project Name – The system will display the Project Name when a valid ID has been entered.
- Project Retention Rate – This is set up in Master Defaults Projects page. A pop up will automatically be displayed after entering in a Project ID.
- Don’t Print – Select Don’t Print to stop the line below from printing on the Invoice. The amount from this line is still included in the total value of the Invoice.
- System automatic data entry – All of the following items details must first be entered into each Inventory Item. The user will note that these Data fields are a mixture of grey and white.
- Carton – Is grey and displays the total cartons: quantity multiplied by the carton quantity set in Inventory details and is not user modifiable.
- Weight / Area – Is white and indicates that this field is modifiable by the user. It displays the total weight or area x order quantity. The user may enter the total weight required, which will automatically update the order quantity.
- Pallet – Is white and indicates that this field is modifiable by the user. It displays the pallet quantity. The number of items that will fit on a pallet to the second decimal place. The user may enter the total pallets required, which will automatically update the order quantity.
- WET – If the Wine equalisation tax checkbox, (WET) is selected in Master Defaults/Inventory, an additional data entry field will be displayed immediately after the Pallet data field. The value here must be calculated by the user and manually entered.
5. Transaction Footer Area
The information bar along the bottom provides for easy checking of the critical details of a transaction.
- Sequence Number – Is an automatically generated unique Sequence number.
- Batch – The Batch field shows the total for all orders entered in the current group.
- Amount – Total Amount is the Tax free value of the order.
- Totals – For the following items to be correctly calculated by the system here in the footer, each and every Inventory item in the Order must have the following details entered correctly, so that the system can correctly total them.
- Ordered/Weight – Is the total weight of all lines.
- Carton – Is the calculated total quantity of Cartons.
- Pallets – Is the calculated total quantity of Pallets.
- Discount Button – When the discount button is selected the system will display a pop up which allows the user to apply an overall discount as a percentage or a dollar amount percentage to the entire transaction!
- Tag – The user can mark this transaction with a tag from the tag drop down menu.
- Note that a tag of HOLD is hardwired into the system. When it is selected the transaction may not be posted until the tag status of HOLD is removed or altered to something other than HOLD.
- Many of the tag headings are user configurable. All of the items in the tag drop down lists may be created by the user.
- To add in a new tag to the list simply type it in and move the focus away, (tab away). The system will ask if you want to add the new tag to the list.
- To remove a tag, select it, then re-select it while holding the Control or Command key down. You will be asked if you want to remove it from the list.