A requisition relates to the process of requesting a product or service. SapphireOne provides the functionality to track and account for all requisitions made within a business.
The purpose of the Requisition function is to allow the processing of requisitions through to Vendor Orders. These requisitions are held in SapphireOne until they are processed through to an order or they are Deleted.
To create Requisitions in SapphireOne you must go to Inventory > Purchases > Requisitions.
Once the Requisition function is used and the required transactions are selected SapphireOne will then check through all of the selected requisitions. Any requisitions to the same vendor will all be merged into a Single Order for that Vendor. This will mean that multiple requisitions to the same vendor may being converted to a OVI that looks different to any of the original requisitions. The requisitions will become lines in the new OVI.
If necessary Requisition entries can be Viewed or Modified from the Transaction Inquiry screen list but they may not be converted to an Order when viewing them when using the Transaction Inquiry function.
All requisitions in SapphireOne will have an ID of REQOrder. as seen above and are processed as follows.
- 100% column – Click in the 100% column and the Requisition will be blindly processed no further action by the user is required.
- ?% Column – Click in the ?% column therequisition will be opened ready for modification. The user may then alter quantities as required.
- To Consider – Initially for all requisitions SapphireOne will display the ID as REQOrder.
- Modify – If the modify button is selected and the requisition re-saved SapphireOne will alter the ID to that of the user who is currently making the modification and it will be only for the period that this requisition post function is active. This is so that the user may see what transaction they have selected to modify.
- Process Button – When this button is selected SapphireOne will creates OVI’s for all 100% selected requisitions while also creating OVI’s for the balance of the requisition that has been entered to be converted to an OVI. The balance of the requisition will be re-saved as a requisition although with reduced quantities.
These new OVI’s are modifiable, for example additional information may be added to the text area to the right if required, and they can then be printed for submission to your selected Vendor.
Buttons across the bottom of the screen
- Mark All – Select this button if all requisitions are to be marked as 100%.
- Un-Mark All – Select this button if all requisitions are to be un-marked.
- Query – If you have a lot of requisitions selecting this button will display the Query alert allowing the user to search for a particular requisition.
- Print – Select this button if you want to print the selected Requisition.
- Look – Select this button if you want to look at a requisition.
- Modify – Select this button if you want to modify the requisition as above.
- Cancel –Select this button if you want to cancel the function and close the screen.
- Process – Selecting this button commences the procedure of processing the requisitions through to OVI’s Vendor Orders.