Purchase Vendor Invoice Overview
The Purchase Vendor Invoice (PVI), also commonly referred to as a Vendor Purchase, is the fourth item on the Inventory Purchases data entry menu. The Purchase Vendor Invoice data entry screen allows for easy entry of stock purchases into the SapphireOne system.
- Vendor ID – Is a linked field and the user can use the Wildcard “@” or “?” options to search for the correct ID, or simply type part or all of the ID with the appropriate wild card to search for the Vendor ID.
- Contact – Accept the default contact person or select the contact person you wish to attach to this vendor invoice.
- Address 1 – This field is the mailing address which automatically populates from the vendor record.
- Address 2 – This field is the mailing address which automatically populates from the vendor record.
- Delivery address from defaults – If you have alternative delivery addresses saved in the vendor address page you can select them from a drop-down list.
- Copy Mailing address to the delivery address – Copy the mailing address to the delivery address field.
- Document Paperclip – Scan and attach any documents relating to the Purchase Vendor Invoice.
There is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of the first page of all data entry and all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. Within all data entry and inquiry screens there is also a separate page just for managing documents i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or relevant record. An infinate number of documents may be attached to a transaction or record at any time.
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop-up will be displayed.
Please note, the Document List screenshot below is identical for both Mac and Windows users.
Any type of document can be attached using the Paperclip. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. The appropriate software must be installed on the computer or device before opening.
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version.
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
Information Tab Area
The Purchase Vendor Invoice Information Tab area is used to display extra information about the current entry. You have the ability to view the information here, not alter it. Click on the Information Tabs to select the details you would like displayed.
- Vendor – Displays Vendor details including ABN, Total Owing, Credit Remaining, Owing + Un-posted, Warning Message, Turnover, Credit terms, Product, Last Transaction Date etc.
- Invoices – Displays a list of recent purchase invoices.
- A purchase invoice can be copied by using right click and selecting ‘Copy Transaction’.
- By selecting a historical transaction and then right mouse clicking you can Copy Invoice, Copy Lines and Open in Inquiry which will open the selected transaction in the new inquiry screen.
- Lines – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays history of the Inventory item. Included in each transaction is the Qty ordered and Amount, Sequence N°, any Discount Code and percentage allocated, Date and Type.
- Inventory – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays inventory details such as available stock, stock on order, standard price, next arrival date, default Vendor.
- Pricing – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays PriceBooks which apply to the item for this Vendor.
- Items – When a transaction line is selected, this tab displays additional inventory details.
- Controls – This tab displays information about the transaction such as the date it was created and who created it. This Tab also displays the total value and percentage of the allocation.
- Allocation – This Tab displays any allocation of the Invoice to a Vendor Payment or Credit. It shows the allocated dollar amount and the allocated percentage.
- Add/Deduct – This tab displays additions and deductions details.
- Error Code – Displays any error code such as negative stock, batch error and period error.
The Purchase Vendor Invoice Tracking Details area stores tracking details relating to the current Date, Delivery Date, Invoice No, Sales Rep and Carrier.
- Date In – Is the date that this Order has been entered on SapphireOne (usually SapphireOne date).
- Arrival – Is the expected arrival date.
- Order No. – External reference number.
- Invoice No. – Internal reference number and automatically generated.
- Rep ID – Sales representative ID.
- Period – Period matching the date, set in company controls.
- Bay Swap – This button allows the user in warehouse management to swap bays of where the Inventory is located.
Transaction Lines Area
As you enter a transaction, a summary of the transaction appears in a single line in the Transaction Lines Area.
- Inventory – Is a linked field and the user can use the Wildcard “@” or “?” options to replace part of the ID to do a limited search for the correct ID.
- Unit – Populates the unit details as entered in the inventory item, for example Set, Each, Ctn, Kg, etc.
- Quantity – The amount of Inventory order.
- Rate – This is the Line Item default rate. You can enter in a new rate but note this is the rate excluding tax.
- Discount – Enter any Discount percentage allocated.
- Tax Code – You may accept the default code or enter in a new tax code.
- Tax % – For example Australia, USA, New Zealand and other countries, the Vendor Tax Code controls the rate. In Australia, the Inventory file will override on GST free or exempt items as required.
- Tax Amount – This will automatically populate with the total amount of tax for each individual line.
- Total – This is the total cost for each individual line item including any tax.
- Arrival Ex-Tax – This is the cost before Tax. There are two locations within a Vendor Order where the Ex-Tax value is displayed. In the Line Entry area where it is displayed on a line by line basis, and in the Totals area at the bottom of the screen as a value for the entire order. This is for users who are arriving orders and need to be able to view the Ex-Tax pricing within the Order.
- Project – Is a linked field and the User can use the Wildcard “@” or “?” option to search for the Project ID. SapphireOne will display the Project Name.
- Project Retention % – Amount of the project costing allocated to this invoice.
- Don’t Print – Select Don’t Print to stop the line from printing on the Invoice. The amount from this line is still included in the total value of the Invoice.
- Weight/Area – This field displays the total weight or area x order quantity. The user may enter the total weight required which will automatically update the order quantity.
- Carton – Displays the total cartons: quantity multiplied by the carton quantity set in Inventory details.
- Pallet – Displays the pallet quantity (quantity multiplied by the pallet quantity set in Inventory details).
- 2nd Unit – Displays total 2nd unit (quantity multiplied by 2nd unit quantity set in Inventory details).
- Tariff – The Tariff ID number will display in this field. This is set up in the SapphireOne Manager Menu.
- Duty – This is the Duty amount that may be either a fixed dollar amount or a percentage. This is set up in the SapphireOne Manager Menu.
- Duty % – Is the duty amount as a percentage.
- On Cost Factor – The On Cost Factor is calculated as (Cost of Goods and services + On Costs) / Cost of Goods and services. This is automatically populated or you can insert manually the amount.
- Final Cost – Is the Final Cost of Inventory ordered including Tariff, Duties and On Cost Factors.
Transaction Footer Area
The Purchase Vendor Invoice Transaction Footer is the information bar along the bottom of the screen and allows the user to easily check critical details of the transaction.
- Sequence – Is the automatically generated unique Sequence number.
- Batch – The Batch field shows the total for all orders entered in the current group.
- Amount – Total Amount is the Tax free amount of the order.
- Arr Ex-Tax – This is the cost before Tax.
- Weight/Area – Weight/Area is the total weight or area of all lines entered on the order.
- Carton – Is the calculated total quantity of Cartons.
- Pallets – Is the calculated total quantity of Pallets.
- Discount – This Discount box allows the user to apply an overall discount percentage to the order.
- Tags – The user can mark this transaction with a tag if required.
- Note that a tag of HOLD is hardwired into SapphireOne. When it is selected the transaction may not be posted until the tag status of HOLD is removed or altered to something other than HOLD.
- Most of the Tag Headings are user configurable.
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
Utilities \ Controls \ Master Defaults \ then select the appropriate functions Page
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
- All of the items in the Tag drop down lists may be created by the user.
- The drop-down menus are created by entering in an item not on the list, then (tab away). SapphireOne will ask if you want to add the new tag to the list.
- To remove a tag, hold the Control or Command key down and then select it. You will be asked if you want to remove it from the list.
SapphireOne checks that each transaction entry is complete and balanced before allowing any saving operation. When the Out of Balance is 0.00 the tick, will activate in the top tool bar indicating to the user that the transaction is ready to be saved. When more than a single transaction is selected, Blue will also be displayed on the main toolbar. See below for additional details.
You can save your Transaction in one of three methods:
Select the Tick when it is activated. This will save the current transaction and return the user to the main tool bar or the list.
When multiple transactions have been selected the user may click on the tick on the tool bar with the results as seen as above.
Click on either of the the Arrows. This will tell SapphireOne to save the current transaction and open the next transaction in the list ready for data entry or modification. Also note that for what ever page is open in the transaction SapphireOne will move to the next transaction displaying the exact same page. I.e. Terms page to Terms page. Very handy when checking the same data in multiple items.
Selecting the Enter Key on the keypad. SapphireOne will then save the current transaction and opens another transaction of the same type ready for data entry. Very handy when entering multiple transactions of the same type. I.e. Client Receipt, Client Receipt.
More Details Page
Text Details Area
The SapphireOne Text Details area is for adding additional unlimited text information regarding the quote.
Delivery Instructions Area
The SapphireOne Delivery Instructions area is for adding additional unlimited Delivery Instructions regarding the quote.
Standing Transactions Area
- Scheduled – The user has the ability to schedule all transaction types on a Weekly, Fortnightly, 30 Day, Monthly, Yearly or Other basis.
- Start/Next Date – Enter the next Start date of the next scheduled transaction. Click on the underlined heading to bring up the SapphireOne Calendar and select your date.
- Stop Date – Enter the Stop date of the next scheduled transaction. Click on the underlined heading to bring up the SapphireOne Calendar and select your date.
Transaction Details Area
- Date Due – This is another date field that can be added to the quote.
- PAYG – Pay As You Go is withholding tax. Percentage is automatically applied if applicable.
- Discount % – This refers to a Prompt Payment Discount. If your Vendor is offering you a prompt payment discount, you can enter the discount in this field and it will automatically apply it if paid during the agreed upon time frame. Enter the percentage amount into the first field and the number of days into the second.
- Auto Allocate to Project – Selecting this will automatically allocate all lines to the pre assigned project of the particular Vendor.
- Browse Signature Button – This allows the user to enter an image of the Clients Signature into the Client Signature text box below. When using SapphireOne’s Web Pack on a iPad, selecting this button will allow the user to sign the text box directly.
- Signature Text Box – If provision for digital signatures has been set up the signatures will be displayed/stored in this Signature data entry field.
- Footer Details Text Box – This is an additional information box for the user to include any additional fields or information to the Footer of the transaction.
- Order Message Text Box – This is an additional information box for the user to include any additional messages or information related to the transaction.
Payment Details Area
- EFT – Enter the dollar amount that is being paid by Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Card – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being paid on the Clients Credit Card.
- Cheque – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being paid by Cheque.
- Cash – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being paid by Cash.
- Account – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being allocated to their Client Account Balance.
- O/B – Any amount that has not yet been allocated will be displayed here to ensure that the amount is always balanced.
Cash Details Area
- Total – This is the total sum amount of the dollar amounts entered in above Payment Details area.
- Payment – This is a sum total of the different types of payments.
- Cash Change – The amount to be returned to the Client in the form of Cash.