Till Client Invoice Overview
The Till Client Invoice screen (commonly referred to as a Point of Sale (POS)) is the first item in the SapphireOne Inventory Mode POS Drop-Down menu. The Till Client Invoice allows users to search and select inventory as well as view images and data descriptions related to the inventory item and tabulates the inventory selected. The user can select an invoice type from a transaction type such as Sale, Layby, Return and Account Invoice.
The TCI also allows the user to enter a Rep ID and a Till Persons ID. The user has the ability to queue current transaction and reload a queued transaction. When paying by cash, the TCI gives the user the ability to enter an amount and Sapphire POS will tell the operator how much change is required and the denominations of that change.Once a Till Client Invoice is posted it is converted to a Client Invoice (CI) and a Client Receipt (CR) and the inventory stock levels are automatically updated.
Till Client Invoice Page
Transaction Type Area
The Transaction Type Area has four buttons to select the type of transaction. Once the invoice is complete, SapphireOne will automatically update stock according to the transaction type executed. SapphireOne will create a client ID, which is called CASH, where all TCIs when posted will convert to a CI for a cash client and simultaneously create a client receipt (CR) for that client.
- Sale – This is a normal sale transaction the same as a Sales Client Invoice in Inventory mode but specific to a POS. This transaction will have a type code of TCI. Once this transaction has been posted it will create a CI and a CR in Accounts Mode and stock levels are updated automatically once the transaction is created.
- Layby – This transaction is the same as a TCI but SapphireOne allows the transaction to be saved even though full payment has not been completed and at the creation of a Layby the inventory stock levels are updated. The transaction may then be posted which will convert it to a CI and a CR in Accounts Mode.
- Return – This is the same as a return in Inventory mode of either a Sales Client Credit. This allows the processing of goods sold through the POS function to be returned. Returned inventory will automatically be entered into the inventory database in SapphireOne.
- Account Invoice – This option will create an invoice for the customer where they do not pay for the inventory at the POS, but it becomes apart of their normal accounts process and they pay on the due date.
Inventory Selection Area
The Inventory Selection Area allows the user to add an inventory item to the invoice by entering in the exact ID or a part of the ID with the “@” or “?” symbol at the end and searching for the inventory item using the Wildcard feature. Similarly, items scanned will automatically populate in the Inventory Selection Area.
Alterations to Inventory details must be made in the Sales Item Details Tab at the bottom of the screen. The main alteration would be to the quantity as SapphireOne, depending on the settings in master defaults, will enter in either a zero or one for the quantity.
This feature has been in place to minimise accidental alterations to the inventory item quantity as alterations to the inventory items details should not normally be made.
Any data entry field that has a light blue background is a linked data entry field. If you do not know the exact ID to enter, the user may replace some or all of the characters with the “@” or “?” characters. SapphireOne will then display a much shorter list for the user to select the correct ID from. For example,if the user enters “K@” SapphireOne will display all records beginning with K.
When a data entry field heading is underlined this indicates that once an ID has been entered the user may then click on the underlined heading. SapphireOne will then do a specific query for the ID as entered and display a list with just the single item in it. The user may then view or modify the item as normal.
Inventory Details Area
The Inventory Information Area will display the images that have been assigned to the inventory item, as well as other previously entered data under the inventory item such as location, matrix, class, unit, type, brand and importantly notes.
- Location – clicking this will bring up another screen that will list the location of the inventory, the site at which it is located, the number currently available, back ordered (B/O), order (OCI) and when the next deliver of the inventory is scheduled.
- Matrix – the Matrix allows for the Items of Column Name and Row Name to be established as a template and category for the Table Matrix. A fashion matrix, or ‘Colour-Size Matrix’ refers to the mens whereby fashion, footwear and/or apparel Retailers track product variants in a grid format. These Manufactures, Distributors and Retailers manage their product variants by creating a multi dimension grid aligning and the colours of a line of stock against the sizes.
- Class – Populates with the class details as set up in the inventory item.
- Unit – Populates with the unit details as set up in the inventory item, for example Set, Each, Ctn, Kg, etc.
- Type – Is a linked field that automatically populates with the type details as set up in the inventory item.
- Brand – Populates with the type details as set up in the inventory item.
- Detail – Is a linked field that will automatically fill from the Detail data set up in the inventory item.
- UPC/Bar Code – This box will automatically fill with the unique digit number assigned to the inventory item.
- Width – This will display the width of the inventory item according to the inventory details.
- Height – Is the height value entered for the inventory item
- Weight – Is the weight value entered for the inventory item.
- Carton – Is white and displays the total cartons: quantity multiplied by the carton quantity set in Inventory details and is not user modifiable.
- Notes – Displays the notes recorded in inventory details for the specific selected inventory item.
The Tracking Area in the top right corner of the TCI screen displays the sales rep ID, the till and the till operator(where the transaction took place), the invoice number, the sequence code, the order number, and a selectable tag. These 6 metrics allow the invoice to be appropriately recorded and searchable.
- Rep ID – This field automatically fills with the sales representative ID for the sales representative that is logged in.
- Till – This field automatically fills with the name assigned to the till and till user in which the current TCI is being completed.
- Invoice No – This is a unique number that is generated and assigned to the POS transaction (TCI) in order for it to be recorded and stored in SapphireOne.
- Seq – Is the automatically generated unique Sequence number.
- Order No – The order number is a unique number that is generated and assigned to the order for purposes such as data recording, tracking and shipping.
- Tag – This is a field with a dropdown menu of different Tags that have been created by the user.
Invoice Inventory Controls Area
The Inventory Line Entry Area allows the user to remove and scroll through inventory listed in the TCI, as well as apply a discount and view the overall metrics of the invoice such as quantity, tax, total and weight.
- Delete – This button allows users to remove an inventory line item from the TCI.
- Up – This button allows the user to scroll up through the TCI inventory list.
- Down – This button allows the user to scroll down through the TCI inventory list.
- Queue Current Transaction – This button will queue the current transaction and will allow it to be reloaded in the future by the Load Queue Transaction button. This is especially useful when customers forget an item at checkout and a till person must continue with other customers orders.
- Load Queue Transaction – This button will allow the user to bring up queued TCIs into the TCI interface.
- QTY – This fixed box displays the total number of each inventory item on the TCI.
- Tax – This fixed box displays the total tax for each inventory item on the TCI.
- Total – This fixed box displays the total price of the TCI.
- Weight – Displays the total weight of all lines entered on the TCI.
Sales Item Details Tab
As each item is added to the customer’s list of purchases, it will simultaneously be displayed in the Sales Item Details tab with the details about the sale price of the inventory item. Additionally, these details can be viewed by selecting an inventory item in the TCI list and clicking the Sales Item Details Tab.
- SKU – The SKU (stock-keeping unit) is an automatically generated barcode most often seen printed on product labels in a retail store. The SKU is composed of an alphanumeric combination of eight-or-so characters.
- Description – The description written in the Inventory Item’s record will automatically populate this box for the selected inventory item.
- Quantity – Quantity is the number of the selected inventory item being ordered in the TCI. This automatically defaults to 1 however it may be changed by the user. Similarly, there is no limit on the quantity.
- Rate – This cannot be altered and is drawn from details in the Inventory Items record. This may or may not include tax as there is a setting in Master Defaults Inventory to display it either way.
- Discount – This field is used to apply a discount as a percentage of the inventory items total cost.
- Amount – This field is used to apply a discount as a dollar amount to an inventory items total cost.
- Final Rate – The final rate can be set as fixed or alterable by the user. This displays the cost of the inventory item without tax.
- Tax – This field displays the tax applied to the Final Rate price of the inventory item.
- Total – The total price of the inventory item, the Final Rate plus the Tax, will be displayed here.
Customer Details Tab
The Customer Details tab displays the clients current Account details.
- Client ID – The Client ID box is customisable by the user to allow for a Clients ID that has been entered into SapphireOne to automatically populate the Delivery Address box. If the customer does not have a Client ID, a Delivery Address, Instruction and Footer Details can still be added to the TCI.
- Std Price – The STD (standard price) will display the normal price that has been entered into the Inventory Item’s record in SapphireOne for the selected inventory item.
- Total Due – The Total Due value is not customisable and is attached to the Client ID. If the Client ID has outstanding orders the amount they owe will be displayed here.
- Order Number – The order number is a unique number that is generated and assigned to the order for purposes such as data recording, tracking and shipping.
- Cash Sale – This is where there is an account for the client customer but there is no credit provided. This allows for the ability for the customer to build up loyalty in SapphireOne.
- Delivery Address – The Delivery Address box will automatically generate with a customer address. If a customer has not created a client account in SapphireOne, this box can be edited in the TCI screen at the POS to allow for input of a customers address without needing to create a new client in SapphireOne.
- Instruction – The Instruction box can be edited in the TCI screen at the POS to add instructions to the order process, such as leave at door, fragile item ect.
- Footer Details – This box is customisable in the TCI screen at the POS and allows users to add additional comments to the TCI.
- Edit Client – The Edit Client Button allows the user to check if client details are still the same, such as delivery address, prior to processing, and allows for editing if these have changed.
- Sales History – This button allows the user to view the purchasing history for the selected client. This can be important for identifying recurring customers and applying discounts appropriately.
The Payment Tab is used for finalising the TIC as it allows for the input of customers payment methods .
- Cash (F7) – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being paid by Cash.
- Cash (F8) – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being paid by Cash.
- Cheque (F9) – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being paid by Cheque.
- Voucher (F10) – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being paid by Voucher.
- Account/Other – Enter the dollar figure amount that is being allocated to their Client Account Balance.
- O/B – Any amount that has not yet been allocated will be displayed here to ensure that the amount is always reconciled.
- Cash out – This is the amount to be given back to the Client in Cash. This will typically be something you see in a POS environment.
- Card N° – Enter the Credit Card Number.
- Expiry – Enter the expiry date.
- Authorisation N° – Enter the Card Authorisation Number.
- Type – Enter the Card Type i.e. Amex, MasterCard, Visa, etc.
- Finance – This dropdown is set up specifically for finance payment options, such as ApplePay, AfterPay or ZipMoney.
- Total – This is the total sum amount of the dollar amounts entered in above Payment Details area.
- Balance – Any amount that has not yet been allocated will be displayed here to ensure that the amount is always balanced.
- Payment – This is a sum total of the different types of payments.
- Cash Change – The amount to be returned to the Client in the form of Cash.
- Exclude from Loyalty – Selecting this box will not include the current TCI in the SapphireOne loyalty programs for the client.
- Process – Selecting this button processes the TCI online through SapphireOne.
- Cancel – Selecting this button will cancel the TCI.
Printing Customer Receipts
Printing of receipts may be done in 2 ways.
1. Set the Master Default in POS, Always Print as selected, as seen to the right. As each POS transaction is processed SapphireOne will automatically print a receipt as seen below.
2. All transactions processed through POS may be printed or re-printed at any time by going to: Inventory \POS \ Transaction Inquiry Then select the transaction to be printed/re-printed.
Printing Merchant Receipts
This may be done as above by manually printing them, or SapphireOne may be set up to automatically print them at the time of processing the transaction.
This is set up by going to:
Utilities \Controls \ Master Defaults \ Point of Sale Page
Entering a number into the Multiple Copies data entry field will cause SapphireOne to additional copies of the POS transaction in addition to the one printed when the Always print checkbox is selected.