Services Inquiry Overview
The SapphireOne Services Inquiry function, also commonly referred to as a Warranty Management Solution, allows for the tracking of the inventory warranty process with each unique inventory serial number. It gives the user the ability to link a Client to a service by providing the Client with a unique service number, and to link a Vendor as a subcontractor and allocate the service to that Vendor.
The user also has the ability to track all inventory items used in the service through either the Service Centre or Vendor / sub-contractor. The user can search for the nearest Service Centre to their location through the Sapphireone built in mapping solution. The user also has the ability to keep track of all past services by storing unlimited historical service records on the particular client or inventory item.
The items are initially listed in order of entry with the most recently dated at the top. You can change the sort order by simply clicking on any of the column headings. You can also change the selected column by re-clicking the column heading to change it from ascending to descending, or vice versa.
You can also adjust the order of the columns by clicking on the column and dragging to the left or right. Like other List Windows, you can re-organise the information displayed by highlighting and using functions from the Options Menu.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected the system will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
Services Inquiry Details Page
Service Details Area
- ID – Each Service entry will be given a unique ID automatically populated by SapphireOne.
- Company – SapphireOne will automatically populate the Company that the user is logged into.
- Inventory – The user may enter in an Inventory ID or related serial number for the related transaction.
- Serial Number – SapphireOne will automatically populate the serial number linked to the entered Inventory ID.
- Linked Detail and Search Invoice Button – Once you have entered the Inventory ID you have the ability to link related invoices to the Service Inquiry. Select the Search Invoice Button to search for and attach the related invoice. You can review all linked invoices by selecting the underlined Linked Detail heading.
- Type – The Type is user definable and the user has the ability to enter any criteria required for the service inquiry. If the user enters something that is not on the list SapphireOne will ask the user if they want to add it. To Delete an item select the item and then Command/Control click on it.
- Status – The Status is user definable and the user has the ability to enter any criteria required for the service inquiry. If the user enters something that is not on the list SapphireOne will ask the user if they want to add it. To Delete an item select the item and then Command/Control click on it.
- Reference – The Reference is user definable and the user has the ability to enter any criteria required for the service inquiry. If the user enters something that is not on the list SapphireOne will ask the user if they want to add it. To Delete an item select the item and then Command/Control click on it.
- Area – The Area is user definable and the user has the ability to enter any criteria required for the service inquiry. If the user enters something that is not on the list SapphireOne will ask the user if they want to add it. To Delete an item select the item and then Command/Control click on it.
- Entered – This displays the SapphireOne user who entered the Service Inquiry, including the date and time.
- Details – Enter any notes or details related to the particular Service Inquiry.
Client Information Area
Enter the Client ID.
This Client ID refers to the client that is the current owner of the product. SapphireOne will automatically populate the remaining Client details based on the entered information. These details can be modified by the user if required.
Service Centre Area
This area is used to link a particular Service Centre to the Service Inquiry.
By selecting the Find Nearest Service Center button the user can search for the nearest Service Centre to their location through the Sapphireone built in mapping solution.
While the Vendor data entry field has a light blue background and is a searchable field, the list of Vendor that is displayed to the user is filtered. The only Vendors that will be displayed in this list will be Vendors that have the Service Centre checkbox marked in the Vendors Inquiry screen.
Service Events Area
All events related to the inventory item that is in for Servicing and/or Warrant may be recorded in the Service Events area.
Select the button to display a dialog pop-up for the user to insert the details for this service item. Select the button to delete the line. Double clicking on an existing line will open it for modification.
Spare Parts Used Area
The Spare Parts Used area allows the user to keep track of all spare parts of inventory used during the service.
Select the button to display a dialog pop-up for the user to insert the spare parts used. Select the button to delete the line item. Double clicking on an existing line will open it for modification.
Service Related History Area
The Service Related History Area displays a Historical list of all events relating to the service item.
The Action Page is a seperate table that can be added to the major record and transaction tables. This includes actionable items such as Calendar Reminders, Meeting Invites, Alarms, Emails, To-Do Lists, General Notes, Private Notes, Meeting Notes with Date and Time, Start and Finish stamps plus All Day Notifications. The Action Page can be viewed as the equivalent to CRM functionality for every major Table within SapphireOne Accounting Software.
You can Add or Delete Actions . If you double click on an existing Action it will zoom in ready to modify.
- Diary Area
- Sequence – SapphireOne will automatically enter in a unique sequence number.
- Title – Enter in a title for this action.
- Type – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in a type. This will then form a permanent type within the drop-down.
- Action – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in an Action. This will then form a permanent action within the drop-down.
- User – SapphireOne will enter in the user who is creating this action although this may be altered if required.
- Private – If this check box is selected SapphireOne will only allow the User as entered to view or modify this action.
- Status – The user has three options.
- Open – Action is open and active.
- Hold – Action is active but no alarms will be active.
- Completed – Action is now Inactive and will not be displayed in any list of actions.
- Tag – A tag may be attached to an action. This will then form a permanent tag within the drop-down.
- Link – When created from a function a link to the function is automatically created by SapphireOne.
- Check List area – A user created check list for creating actions. A check box is provided so that a user can selected them off as they progress.
- Dates and Times Area:
- Start/Finish – You can set an action to have a Start and a Finish time, or select the check box for an all Day option.
- Completed – Once an action has a completed date entered it will no longer be active and displayed in any lists of actions.
- Alarm Area – An alarm can be set to email someone at a certain date and time, or send your user a reminder and/or email if the email has been entered.
- Recurring Area – If necessary the alarm may be set to at set periods established by the Type drop down menu. The recurring period may also be set by date if required.
- Notes Area – You can select the Green clock icon to add Time and Date stamps to your notes. You can also highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to your preference.
- Invite Attendees Area – You can invite multiple attendees to your event and keep track of if they have accepted or rejected your invite. These attendees can be notified by email if the email has been entered.
The Documents Page is used to store and record documents and information relating to data entry, transactions and master tables.
Any type of document can be attached to the Documents area. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files and more.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality, simply drag a document or file from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
Please note that when creating a new record in SapphireOne, you are unable to attach a document until the record has an entered ID.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. (The appropriate software must be installed on the local computer or device).
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a popup which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. (The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version).
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to this transaction. (The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local computer, device or network).
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted transaction or record.
- When the Add button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer or device.
The Title and Type of the document are displayed in the Details Area.
Last Modified Area
The documents area keeps a record of the Time and Date of when the document was last modified in addition to who initially added it.
The links area allows you to record links to other places this document has been attached to. You can add and remove Links using (+) and (-) .
The history area records changes made to the document.
Any relevant notes which relate to the document may be recorded here. Clicking the green clock icon will add a date/time stamp.
Digital Assets Page
The Digital Assets Page allows the user to attach unlimited media to any major table record in SapphireOne.
Selecting the Digital Assets option from the Page menu within a major table record will display a list of digital assets currently in the data file.
This screen and all ensuing screens will overlay any current screen displayed in your major table. The feature allows you to attach digital assets to your master record.
- To add a picture simply select the button.
- To delete a picture select the button.