In a materials-handling context, a Manifest is a list of goods either being delivered to or shipped from a warehouse. A Manifest will generally include a listed description of the cargo items, the quantity, origin and the destination. In logistics, a Manifest describes a list of Inventory based invoices carried on a mode of transport, such as a ship, plane, truck, train or van.
In SapphireOne, the Manifest Inquiry screen is a file containing delivery dockets, invoices, picking and packing slips and electronic files that can be sent electronically via EDI (Electronic Data Interchange). The SapphireOne Manifest Inquiry function allows the user to define and record a multitude of details including the Delivery List, Carrier, Despatch Date, Despatch Location, Vehicle, Transport API, designated delivery Time-Slot, the Temperate, the number of Items, Cartons and Boxes being transported, the Weight of the goods, Con Notes, and the Employee the goods were picked by. The user also has the ability to add unlimited date and time stamped Notes, and to generate seven different predefined Custom Reports for easy generating electronically and printing directly from the Manifest Inquiry file.
The user can adjust the order of the columns by clicking on the column and dragging to the left or right. Like other List Windows in SapphireOne, the user can re-organise the information displayed by highlighting and using functions from the Options Menu.
From this list the user can Look at all Manifest Lines. The user may also Modify the Manifest Lines. This can also be done using the correct keyboard shortcut. Double clicking on the line will also bring up the Manifest Inquiry screen.
Select the New Icon to create a new Manifest file.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected the system will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
Manifest Inquiry Details Page
The Details Page is the first page to open when a New Manifest record is created or when a Manifest line is Modified . Once a Manifest record has been created it may be modified at any time. Transactions may be added to it or removed from it.
Manifest Details Area
- Carrier – Enter the Carrier/Run Name details. As the user you have the ability to add unlimited Carriers by simply typing in a new Carrier name and selecting Enter or Tab. These Carriers will then be saved in the drop-down menu for future use.
- Despatch Date – Enter the Despatch Date. Select the underlined heading to bring up the SapphireOne calendar and select the date you require.
- Vehicle – Enter in a Vehicle if required by entering the exact ID. If the ‘@’ or ‘?’ symbol is entered SapphireOne will display the same list as when a Manifest Vehicle Inquiry is executed as this field is directly linked to it. Once the required Manifest Vehicle has been selected the user can click on the underlined Vehicle text heading to utilities the Sapphire Mapping System. This is only available to SapphireOne customers who have purchased the Sapphire Custom Web Pack. If you do have the Sapphire Custom Web Pack, SapphireOne will generate a link to the Vehicle, showing in real time the Vehicle location, date and time in the Sapphire Custom Web Pack Mapping System.
- From – Enter the despatch location that the goods will be departing from.
- Notes – Enter any information that the carrier is required to see. i.e. Delivery Instructions. The green clock is available to the left of the memo area to insert today’s date and the time.
- Transport API Button – This is available to SapphireOne users who have purchased the Sapphire Custom Web Pack. It will create an API to 3rd party transport and logistics providers.
- Reload Delivery List Button – The user has the ability to reload the delivery list based on a change of date. For example, if the goods did not go out on the designated day, you may be required to reload the delivery list for the following day.
- Entered – This is automatically populated with the SapphireOne user who created the Manifest, plus the date and time it was created.
- Modified – This is automatically populated with the SapphireOne user who most recently modified the Manifest, plus the date and time it was modified.
- Status – The status will be automatically set as Active and this may not be altered directly by the user. Once Period End has been run for the period that the Manifest item has been created in, it will automatically be made inactive 30 days later.
- Internal Ref – To add an Invoice to the Manifest, enter the Internal Reference number of the Invoice in this field and select the icon. This will add the invoice to the Manifest Line List area. To Delete a Manifest, highlight the line and select the icon. The user also has the ability to scan the barcode of the Invoice which will automatically add the Invoice to the selected Manifest.
- Document Paperclip – Select the paperclip to add any documentation relating to the Manifest. Further information on Document Management in SapphireOne can be found below.
There is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of the first page of all data entry and all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. Within all data entry and inquiry screens there is also a separate page just for managing documents i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or relevant record. An infinate number of documents may be attached to a transaction or record at any time.
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop-up will be displayed.
Please note, the Document List screenshot below is identical for both Mac and Windows users.
Any type of document can be attached using the Paperclip. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. The appropriate software must be installed on the computer or device before opening.
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version.
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
Manifest Invoice Lines Area
Each Invoice added to the Manifest will appear in the Manifest Invoice Lines area.
To add the invoices to the Manifest Lines area, enter the exact Internal/Invoice Reference Number of each invoice in the Internal Ref field and select one at a time. To delete an Invoice, highlight it then select the button. The user is also able to either Look or Modify an Invoice in the Manifest Lines area.
- Int Ref – This area is automatically populated with the Internal Reference number entered by the user. The Int Ref number is the number that is automatically generated by SapphireOne when a user creates an Order or an Invoice.
- Del Date – This field is automatically populated with the delivery date specified by the customer on the invoice.
- Client ID – This field is automatically populated with the Client ID on the invoice.
- Client Name – This field is automatically populated with the Client Name on the invoice.
- Suburb – This field is automatically populated with the Clients Suburb on the invoice.
- State – This field is automatically populated with the Clients State on the invoice.
- Timeslot – Enter the predefined time chosen by the customer that the items must be delivered in.
- Items – This field is automatically populated with the number of Items on the Invoice.
- Cartons – This field is automatically populated with the number of Cartons on the Invoice.
- Four User Definable Fields – There are four user definable Custom fields that the user has the ability to name according to their requirements. Further information on how to customise the headings is detailed below.
- Temperature – Specify the temperate that the items are required to be shipped in.
- Boxes – The number of boxes listed on the Invoice. Each Box Label has the ability to be printed in sequential order e.g Box 1/10, 2/10, 3/10.
- Weight – The total weight of the particular invoice.
- Con Note – If the user is using a 2rd party logistics party to deliver the goods, the con note provided by the 3rd part logistics company can be entered here.
- Picked By – The name of the employee who picked the goods on the invoice.
- Tag – This relates to the Tag dropdown menu in the footer of the Manifest Inquiry screen. The Tag dropdown is user customisable. Its purpose is to display additional commonly entered information. If the user wishes to remove a word hold down the command key Mac or the Control key PC.
The Footer area at the bottom of the screen display all totals for the Manifest record plus additional Manifest functionality.
- Sequence – The automated SapphireOne sequence number given to the Manifest.
- Total Invoices – The total number of invoices attached to the current Manifest.
- Tag – The Tag dropdown is user customisable. It’s purpose is to display additional commonly entered information. If the user wishes to remove a word, hold down the Mac/command key or the Windows/Control key.
- Pick Button – This button changes the status of invoices that have a Tag of ‘Ready’ to ‘Picking’, indicating on the invoice that the items are ready to be picked in the warehouse. Once the items have been picked, the user can manually change the Tag of the items to ‘Picked’ on the invoice. There is a function within the Sapphire Custom Web Pack which will automatically mark all Picked items as ‘Picked’.
- Delivered Button – Selecting the Delivered button will change the Tag of the Invoice to ‘Delivered’, indicating that all items have been successfully delivered to their desired location.
How to Customise The Manifest Lines Field Headings
The user has the ability to custom name the four user definable fields in the line entry area of the Manifest Inquiry screen. This can be done by navigating to Utilities > Controls > Master Defaults > Invoice Page. There is a specific area on the Invoice Page named Manifest, and No 1 through to No 4 enable the user to custom name the four column headings as they require. Until an entry is made in Master Defaults the column headings in Manifest will remain blank.
Print Buttons and Custom Reports
There are seven Print Buttons in the Manifest Inquiry screen. The Print icons may be linked to seven different user created Custom Reports for easy report generation and printing.
To name the Print Buttons, go to Master Defaults in Utilities > Controls > Master Defaults > Invoice Page. Reports 1 through to Report 7 enable the user to create any name for a report. The user can then create a custom report of the exact same name to link to the Print icon. Until an entry is made in Master Defaults the Print Icon names will remain blank.
To create the custom report, open the Manifest Inquiry List window, select the Tools icon in the main toolbar and then select ‘Custom Report’. This will create a brand new Custom Report and the user will be presented with a blank report canvas to work with. The Custom Reports must have the exact same name as created on the Print buttons to be linked.
The Action Page is a seperate table that can be added to the major record and transaction tables. This includes actionable items such as Calendar Reminders, Meeting Invites, Alarms, Emails, To-Do Lists, General Notes, Private Notes, Meeting Notes with Date and Time, Start and Finish stamps plus All Day Notifications. The Action Page can be viewed as the equivalent to CRM functionality for every major Table within SapphireOne Accounting Software.
You can Add or Delete Actions . If you double click on an existing Action it will zoom in ready to modify.
- Diary Area
- Sequence – SapphireOne will automatically enter in a unique sequence number.
- Title – Enter in a title for this action.
- Type – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in a type. This will then form a permanent type within the drop-down.
- Action – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in an Action. This will then form a permanent action within the drop-down.
- User – SapphireOne will enter in the user who is creating this action although this may be altered if required.
- Private – If this check box is selected SapphireOne will only allow the User as entered to view or modify this action.
- Status – The user has three options.
- Open – Action is open and active.
- Hold – Action is active but no alarms will be active.
- Completed – Action is now Inactive and will not be displayed in any list of actions.
- Tag – A tag may be attached to an action. This will then form a permanent tag within the drop-down.
- Link – When created from a function a link to the function is automatically created by SapphireOne.
- Check List area – A user created check list for creating actions. A check box is provided so that a user can selected them off as they progress.
- Dates and Times Area:
- Start/Finish – You can set an action to have a Start and a Finish time, or select the check box for an all Day option.
- Completed – Once an action has a completed date entered it will no longer be active and displayed in any lists of actions.
- Alarm Area – An alarm can be set to email someone at a certain date and time, or send your user a reminder and/or email if the email has been entered.
- Recurring Area – If necessary the alarm may be set to at set periods established by the Type drop down menu. The recurring period may also be set by date if required.
- Notes Area – You can select the Green clock icon to add Time and Date stamps to your notes. You can also highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to your preference.
- Invite Attendees Area – You can invite multiple attendees to your event and keep track of if they have accepted or rejected your invite. These attendees can be notified by email if the email has been entered.
The Documents Page is used to store and record documents and information relating to data entry, transactions and master tables.
Any type of document can be attached to the Documents area. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files and more.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality, simply drag a document or file from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
Please note that when creating a new record in SapphireOne, you are unable to attach a document until the record has an entered ID.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. (The appropriate software must be installed on the local computer or device).
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a popup which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. (The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version).
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to this transaction. (The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local computer, device or network).
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted transaction or record.
- When the Add button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer or device.
The Title and Type of the document are displayed in the Details Area.
Last Modified Area
The documents area keeps a record of the Time and Date of when the document was last modified in addition to who initially added it.
The links area allows you to record links to other places this document has been attached to. You can add and remove Links using (+) and (-) .
The history area records changes made to the document.
Any relevant notes which relate to the document may be recorded here. Clicking the green clock icon will add a date/time stamp.