Dashboards Report Overview
The Dashboards Reports function within SapphireOne Inventory Sales Menu enables the user to view visual graphical reports using real time data from your SapphireOne datafile.
The user has the ability to set up custom dashboards that update regularly such as Top Client Sales, Top 10 Selling Item, Top 10 Moving Item, Top 10 Profitable Item, Inventory Income by Class, Top 10 Sale Rep, Consolidated Sales Progress and more.
Access to each of these Menu Items Dashboards may be granted both on a user by user basis, and also on a menu by menu basis. This is done by going to Utilities > Controls > User Access Inquiry > Menus Page.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
How to Create a New User Dashboard
In order to create new user Dashboards, the user can navigate to Reports Palette to create a New Dashboard or to view or modify any existing dashboards. The Dashboard type may be Graph, Pie, Line or Meter style.
- The user may use any Title or name for the dash board but it is the only item that may not be changed once the dashboard has been created and saved.
- Table is the table that the information is to be drawn from.
- X axis selects the column from the table that is to be displayed. SapphireOne will select the first column but the user may select any column in the table.
- The user may elect to view from one to three columns of data for the Y axis. This again is data in another column.
- For each column selected, a name should be inserted.
- Position X & Y, Size X & Y are set by SapphireOne and may not be changed directly immediately. The size of the displayed dashboard when opened may be altered by selecting the lower left hand corner of the dashboard and dragging it to the size required. Once the dashboard is closed SapphireOne will remember the size when it is opened again.
- The data entry field tells SapphireOne in minutes how often that the display is the updated with information in SapphireOne. (Default is to set it at every 10 minutes).
- If the option is selected, SapphireOne will immediately open this dashboard as soon as they log in. They will have to close it before commencing work.
- If required a query may be made on the records. There is provision for up to six queries to be made enabling filtering of the data to be displayed in the dashboard.
- If any dashboards are to be deleted first select the Reports Palette. Then hold down either the Command or control keys, and left mouse click on the dashboard to be deleted. SapphireOne will display the pop up as seen to the right.