Price Estimate Overview
SapphireOne Price Estimate function is an inventory price estimating tool used to calculate the Final Selling price. This is based on the Buying Price, Buying Costs and Selling Costs to get a final Selling Price of an inventory item. This function does not normally interact with any of your prices in SapphireOne, it is a tool solely dedicated to performing price estimates from your actual buying price through to a final Selling price.
When the list of Price Estimates is on screen, there is a Sapphire Tool named Push Price, which allows the user update the Price or create a Price Book entry for the selected Price Estimate item. This tool will be documented at the end of this article.
The inventory planner pricing tool takes into consideration the total costs of the inventory item, including the Foreign Currency, Buy Price, Discounts, Surcharges, Freight Costs, Insurance Costs, Landing Costs, Import Duty Costs, OnCost Price, Sell Foreign Currency Price, Finance Charges, Guarantee Charges, Interest Charges, Commissions, Rebates and other included costs.
This Price Estimate functionality may be applied to a selected Inventory Item, or to an Inventory Class. For either an Inventory Item or an Inventory Class, SapphireOne will display:
- Inventory Item – SapphireOne will display, Unit, Weight, Carton and Pallet which is for viewing only.
- Inventory Class – SapphireOne will display Type, Brand and Detail, all of which should have the appropriate data entered to ensure that the correct calculations are performed by SapphireOne.
Within this Price Estimate function there is provision for viewing the dollar values in both local and FX currencies. This functionality will not work unless the exchange rate for these FX currencies has been set up in SapphireOne.
To set up FX your currencies go to Utilities > Controls > FX Currency Settings. If it is anticipated that these FX rates are to be used on a regular basis, your FX rates will require regular maintenance or updating.
Once the Price Estimate function has been selected SapphireOne will display a list of any price estimates already completed and saved as seen below. Any of these items may then be re-opened by selecting them and viewed or modified as required.
To enter in a new Price Estimate select the new icon on the main toolbar. We will commence with a Price Estimate for an Inventory item as seen in the screen shot below.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected the system will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
Price Estimate Area
The Price Estimate Area of SapphireOne Price Estimate Tool is used to enter the Inventory Item or Class details relating to the Price Estimate being created. The user will notice that there are two screen shots above. The user may elect to enter all dollar values in your local currency and then switch to the FX currency. Alternatively, the reverse could be done. Enter prices in the FX currency and then switch to the local currency to see the dollar values in your local currency.
- Sequence – A Sequence number is automatically generated by SapphireOne. The user has the ability to set unlimited price estimates. All price estimates created have a unique sequence number for the user to refer back to.
- Company – SapphireOne will automatically enter the company that the user is logged into.
- Start – Enter the start date price estimate period. Click on the underlined heading to bring up the SapphireOne Calendar. SapphireOne will automatically enter in a Finish date for the end of the month following. This should be checked and altered as required.
- Finish – Enter the finish date of the price estimate period. Click on the underlined heading to bring up the SapphireOne Calendar.
- Option Selection – The user has two options from this drop down menu, Inventory & Class. It should be noted that the Price estimate screens for both Inventory and Class are identical, except when an item is selected from this drop down menu. The displayed information or data entry field related to the Option drop down menu alters as follows.
- Data Entry field – For both an Inventory Item and Class, there is a light blue data entry field immediately to the right of the drop down menu. When Inventory is selected, the user may use the wild card ‘@’ or ‘?’ search function in SapphireOne to look for the Inventory ID. If Class is selected, the exact same data entry field and procedure is used to look for the Class ID.
- Inventory – Enter the Inventory ID, or enter ‘@’ or ‘?’ to select from a list of all inventory items within your SapphireOne data file. SapphireOne will display the Unit, Weight, Carton and Pallet values all of which are populated automatically from the inventory item and are for viewing only.
- Class – SapphireOne will display the Type, Brand and Detail. It is critical that all of these should all have the appropriate data entered to ensure correct calculations to be performed by SapphireOne. The user will find that these are directly linked to the first three tags in the Grouping area in an Inventory Class.
- Document Paperclip – Click on the red Paperclip icon to add any documents related to the particular price estimate.
- Active Checkbox – You can deselect the Active checkbox to deactivate the price estimate. This will not delete the price estimate, just remove it from the Price Estimate list.
There is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of the first page of all data entry and all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. Within all data entry and inquiry screens there is also a separate page just for managing documents i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or relevant record. An infinate number of documents may be attached to a transaction or record at any time.
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop-up will be displayed.
Please note, the Document List screenshot below is identical for both Mac and Windows users.
Any type of document can be attached using the Paperclip. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. The appropriate software must be installed on the computer or device before opening.
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version.
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
The Calculation Area of SapphireOne Price Estimate Tool is used to enter all inventory, in order to calculate the final landed Buy Price, the OnCost Price and then the final Sell Price.
- Buy FX – The foreign currency the inventory item is being purchased in.
- Buy Price – The quoted price of the inventory item from the Vendor.
- Discount – Any discount the Vendor is providing on the product.
- Surcharge – Any surcharges incurred on the purchase of this product.
- Final Buy Price – The Buy FX, Buy Price, Discount and Surcharge costs will automatically calculate the final Buy Price of the inventory item.
- Freight 1 – Any freight cost related to the inventory item. For example, any international shipping costs incurred in the transport of the inventory.
- Freight 2 – Any secondary freight cost related to the inventory item. For example, the freight cost incurred from the landed port to the warehouse.
- Insurance – The insurance cost of the inventory.
- Landing Cost – Any additional landing costs incurred with the shipping of the inventory. For example, the cost to unpack the container.
- Import Duty – The sovereign cost, being the duty or tax.
- OnCost Price – The Buy Price, plus the Freight 1, Freight 2, Insurance, Landing Costs and Import Duties are calculated in order to determine the final OnCost Price of the Inventory Item.
- Sell FX – The foreign currency that the inventory is being sold in.
- Finance Charge – Any charges incurred from money borrowed to purchase the inventory. For example, Letters of Credit (LC).
- Guarantee – Any guarantee cost incurred in the purchasing of the inventory item.
- Interest Charge – Any interest charged in the purchasing or the inventory item.
- Commission 1 – Any commissions owed in the sale of the inventory item. For example, commissions paid to commission agents.
- Commission 2 – Any secondary commissions owed in the sale of the inventory item.
- Rebate – Any rebates owed in the sale of the inventory item. For example, statutory rebates owed to government authorities.
- Other Cost – Any other costs incurred in the selling of the inventory item.
- Sell Price – The final Sell Price of the inventory, calculated based on the Final Buy Price, On Cost Price and all sell costs – including the Finance Charge, Guarantee, Interests Charges, Commissions, Rebates and other additional costs.
The History Area of SapphireOne Price Estimate Tool keeps a complete history of every price estimate created for the particular inventory item. This gives the user the ability to review the historical pricing estimates of inventory items as a reference for any future price changes. SapphireOne allows for the keeping of an unlimited number of price estimates.
The Notes Area of SapphireOne Price Estimate Tool allows the user to add the Time and Date by selecting the green stamp and include any notes about the action. The user can also highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to your preference.
Sapphire Tools Push Price Function
While the Price Estimate function does not interact with prices in your data file, this Push Price tool allows the user to Push the estimated prices directly to your Inventory Items or to create Price Book entries.
First select a Price Estimate and the go to the Sapphire Tools icon. At the top of the list will be Push Price Tool.
On this Sapphire Tool there are two drop down menus and two buttons as follows.
- Inventory Drop down menu – This drop Down menu allows the user to select how the price is to be pushed out.
- Inventory Location – Push the price out to Inventory items in Inventory Locations only.
- Inventory Base – Push the price out to Base Inventory Items only.
- Class – Push the price out to a Class only.
- Class + Tag1 – Push the price out to Class plus the first tag.
- Class + Tag1 + Tag2 – Push the price out to Class plus the first tag and Second Tag.
- Class + Tag1 +Tag2 + Tag3 – Push the price out to Class plus the first tag plus the second Tag plus the third. Tag.
- Price formula – A number of formulas may be applied when pushing prices out.
- Update Sell Price / Weight – Update the selling Price divided by the weight
- Update Sell Price / Carton – Update the selling Price divided by the Carton.
- Update Sell Price / Pallet – Update the selling Price divided by the Pallet.
- Update Sell Price – Update the selling price only.
- Update Price Button –When this button is selected SapphireOne will update the Inventory Standard Sell price from the selected Price Estimate record.
- Create Price Book Button – When this button is selected SapphireOne will create a new Price book entry for the selected Price Estimate record. As soon as this has been done the user is strongly advise to open the new Price Book entry and check the details are correct.