The Inventory Locations screen is a simplified display of all inventory locations within the company data file.
The viewing of location data is restricted to the company that the user is logged into. If you are logged in as a Master this Inquiry screen will display all Locations set up within the data file across all companies and the Departments that they are linked to. If you wish to see all locations within the data file simultaneously a Master login will be required.
Double clicking on a Location line item will open the below dialog box for additional information and modification.
The Location area gives the user the ability to Modify the location details including the ID, Name, Company, Department, Contact, Phone, Email and Address.
The Roster allows you to create a Roster timetable for the specific location, which will then also be used by SapphireOne’s PayRoll/HR Rostering function. This includes Days, Times, Shift Hours and Breaks.
This area is linked to the Roster function and gives the user the ability to establish multiple areas or roles within the one location. For example, an Aeroplane may require staff of two pilots, one senior pilot, one air marshal, seven flight attendants, and one senior flight attendant.
Picking Efficiency Page
SapphireOne Picking Efficiency Page in Location Inquiry screen is where the user can add Bays to a Location. Any number of Bays may be added and Inventory items may be linked to any particular Bay. This gives users the ability to identify where all the Bays are within a location, providing a map of the location/Bays/Warehouses showing where all the inventory items are and providing the most efficient route get there.
The purpose of the Picking Efficiency page is so that when an Order is placed, SapphireOne knows where each individual item is in the warehouse from a fixed point. When a Picking List is generated SapphireOne will be able to print the report in the order that the items are stored in the ware house, enabling employees to simply walk through once and get all the items on the list without having to back track.
The order may then be entered into the SapphireOne system as normal. However, if PDA’s and barcodes are used employees will be able to pick orders and enter them in to the system without knowing anything about the functioning of SapphireOne.
They will be able to go out to into the warehouse, pick the order scanning bar codes as they go, return to the packaging area and pack the orders, then hand the picking slip to the employee who then will then process the order as required. i.e. from an Order to a Sales Invoice. There is no actual data entry as this is done through the entry of Barcode data, just the processing of the order by the employee then later posting it by the designated employee.
The SapphireOne Custom WebPack will also provide employees with the ability to do this off any Mac IOS device.
To create a new Bay attached to this location, select the Add button.
- Order – When the same stock is held in multiple Bays this Order number sets the precedence that stock is added to when Purchased, or sold from for a Sale. The Bay with the lowest Order number will be selected first.
- Name – The Bays may be named to anything you like.
- Distance – In the Bay area, this is the distance to each Bay measured from a fixed point (usually the entrance door). In the Distance Table area, this is the distances between the Bays themselves.
- Sequence – This is a number generated by SapphireOne to keep track of the Bay details. By default SapphireOne will place inventory items in the first bay in the list. This can be altered by using the ‘Select Default Arrival Bay’ function as detailed below.
- Select Default Arrival Bay Button – Selecting this button allows the user to select their preferred Default Arrival Bay. This is the Bay in which SapphireOne will default place inventory items into. When Items are purchased and are to go into the default bay, the user does not need to make any adjustments unless they want to place the items in a different Bay. The Default Bay is also commonly referred to as the ‘pick face’ Bay. A pick face refers to the main and most efficient picking location within a warehouse or production facility. Replenishments can be triggered on a pick face to ensure a picker always has enough inventory at the most efficient pick face location.
- Update Inventory Button – This button is to force an update of the Inventory items and the associated Bay details. However, this is not normally used as when Inventory Items are created the user would manually link them at the time to a Bay.
- Update Table Button – This button is used to create the basic framework for the Distance Table in the lower section of the screen. The user is then required to enter in the distance details from Bay-to-Bay. Using the drop-down menu item, each and every Bay will need the distances to one another to be manually entered.
Distance Table Area
The Distance Table area displays a list of the distances between the Bays themselves.
SapphireOne uses a combination of the distances declared to each bay from the starting point in the Bay Area, then looks at the distance declared between the bays themselves in the Distance Table area, to determine the most efficient picking process or sequence. It minimises the total distance that an employee has to commute to pick the order.
The Action Page is a seperate table that can be added to the major record and transaction tables. This includes actionable items such as Calendar Reminders, Meeting Invites, Alarms, Emails, To-Do Lists, General Notes, Private Notes, Meeting Notes with Date and Time, Start and Finish stamps plus All Day Notifications. The Action Page can be viewed as the equivalent to CRM functionality for every major Table within SapphireOne Accounting Software.
You can Add or Delete Actions . If you double click on an existing Action it will zoom in ready to modify.
- Diary Area
- Sequence – SapphireOne will automatically enter in a unique sequence number.
- Title – Enter in a title for this action.
- Type – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in a type. This will then form a permanent type within the drop-down.
- Action – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in an Action. This will then form a permanent action within the drop-down.
- User – SapphireOne will enter in the user who is creating this action although this may be altered if required.
- Private – If this check box is selected SapphireOne will only allow the User as entered to view or modify this action.
- Status – The user has three options.
- Open – Action is open and active.
- Hold – Action is active but no alarms will be active.
- Completed – Action is now Inactive and will not be displayed in any list of actions.
- Tag – A tag may be attached to an action. This will then form a permanent tag within the drop-down.
- Link – When created from a function a link to the function is automatically created by SapphireOne.
- Check List area – A user created check list for creating actions. A check box is provided so that a user can tick them off as they progress.
- Dates and Times Area:
- Start/Finish – You can set an action to have a Start and a Finish time, or select the check box for an all Day option.
- Completed – Once an action has a completed date entered it will no longer be active and displayed in any lists of actions.
- Alarm Area – An alarm can be set to email someone at a certain date and time, or send your user a reminder and/or email if the email has been entered.
- Recurring Area – If necessary the alarm may be set to at set periods established by the Type drop down menu. The recurring period may also be set by date if required.
- Notes Area – You can select the Green clock icon to add Time and Date stamps to your notes. You can also highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to your preference.
- Invite Attendees Area – You can invite multiple attendees to your event and keep track of if they have accepted or rejected your invite. These attendees can be notified by email if the email has been entered.