4D Version numbers:
4D releases versions with just the two groups of numbers separated by a dot.
- Major Upgrade – When a major upgrade is released the first number will be incremented from 18 which is the current version to 19 which is in process of being released at the time of editing this article.
- Incremental Upgrade – When incremental upgrades are released the second number an updated release, will also increase.
- Examples – V18.0 to v18.1. and then v18.2 The current release by 4D at the time of writing this document is v18.4
- There are also two groups of numbers after the 4D version numbers making for a total of 4 groups of numbers separated by 3 dots. w.x.y.zz.
- Where w is 4D’s version number currently 18.
- Where x is 4D’s build or release number currently 4
- Where y is SapphireOne’s release number currently 0
- Where zz is SapphireOne build number. (This can get quite high at times and is currently 122).
- For this release of 4D, for example v18.4 the build numbers from SapphireOne will be v22.214.171.124
- 4D version 18.4 and SapphireOne release 0.122
From time-to-time 4D release a new version. A new version which will go from 17.0, 18.0 currently and 19.0 in future. They do also release incremental upgrades from 18.0 to 18.1 to 18.2 and so on.
For a MacOSX once the zip file is un-packed the main folder is named SapphireOne18.4 Server.app
For a Windows once the zip file is un-packed main folder is named SapphireOne18.4 Server
For a MacOSX, these 4D upgrades will require the downloading of about a 450 to 500Mb zip file from the SapphireOne File Station. Once the file has been downloaded, and then unzipped the entire SapphireOne 18.4 Server. app application/folder is copied into the SapphireOne folder in the Mac Applications folder. (You replace everything). Please note that the Mac system will not display the contents of this app. You have to right click on it and select, Show Contents.
For a PC, these upgrades will require the downloading of about 450 to 500Mb of data from the SapphireOne File Station. Once the file has been downloaded unzip it.
We have noticed that depending the version, and the way that zip that is used to un-zip the file on a Windows, the top folder sometimes has an additional folder above the one that we want.
Always select the folder named SapphireOne18.X Server. Then copy and paste this folder to the required location on your hard drive.