Assets Locations Inquiry Overview
SapphireOne Assets Locations Inquiry is the single source of all assets and their respective locations, giving a holistic view of all assets on a location by location basis and allowing the user to track where assets are stored. A Location Inquiry also allows the grouping of similar types of assets within a particular Location.
Asset Location Inquiry is company specific and displays data applicable to the company the user is logged into. To view more than one company location data the user will need to be logged in as a Multi Company Master user. While locations appear across multiple companies in a multiple company data file the viewing, modifying and entering of locations is Company dependant. If no Company is entered into the Company field the location will be visible to ALL logins in the data file irrespective of which Company they are logged into.
To create a new Location, go to the main toolbar and select the New icon, or type shortcut ‘command/ctrl N’, and enter your new Location details as outlined below. To save a completed Location go to the main toolbar and select the Save icon.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on screen. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected the system will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
- ID – Enter the unique Location ID.
- Name – Enter the Name of the Location.
- Department – Enter the Department ID. The user can enter the wild card ‘@’ and ‘?’ symbols here to search for the Department ID.
- Company – SapphireOne will automatically enter the Company that the user is currently logged into. The user can modify as necessary.
- Active Checkbox – The Active checkbox will be automatically selected when a Location is created. The user can unselect the Active checkbox to make the Location inactive and no longer appear on the Location Inquiry screen.
The Details area holds additional information about the Location.
- Contact – Enter the ‘@’ or ‘?’ symbols to search for any Contact stored within your SapphireOne datafile.
- Phone – This field will automatically populate with the number associated to the entered contact. Selecting the Green phone icon allows the user to call the number directly through SapphireOne Softphone integration.
- Physical – Enter the physical address. The user can select the underlined Physical heading to bring up a map view of the location. This function is described in further detail below.
- Country – Enter the Country of the location.
A common feature available throughout SapphireOne is the ability to obtain a map view from a Physical address record. This is achieved by clicking the “Physical” heading highlighted below. This functionality is also included on Sapphire Webpack and the Sapphire Custom Webpack.
This feature is device/platform agnostic and will utilise your default Mapping application within either an app or web browser.
Any Notes that are required may be entered in this area. The user can select the Green Clock Icon to add a Time and Date stamp to the Notes. The user also has the ability to highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to their preference.
Location Lines Area
The Location Lines area displays all of the assets held within the particular location.