The Balances report gives users the functionality to create and print a credit information report on clients who currently have outstanding balances, giving you a swift overview of exactly how much money is outstanding and which clients owe money. A variety of different report types necessary for business are available within the Balances function that can be easily selected by the user to fit their needs.
Client Balances Reports Options
The user can select from the Print Destination, Report Type and Report Sort Order drop-down menus to determine their preferred Balances Report layout. Reports are created using a combination of the selected metrics. The user also has the option to create custom reports using SapphireOne Quick Reports or Custom Reports.
Print Destination Popup Menu
The Print Destination Popup Menu allows the user to choose the destination for the Report, and select from the options which include Printer, Custom Report, Quick Report and CSV.
|Printer||Tells SapphireOne to send the report straight to the Printer.|
|Custom Report||This allows the user to create a custom designed report. Once selected SapphireOne will use this option on the Print Destination menu.|
|Quick Report||Selecting this option will open the Sapphire Quick Report function.|
|CSV||Selecting this option will open the report in a CSV file.|
Report Type Popup Menu
The Report Type Popup menu gives you the ability to choose from 21 different report types to best suit your specific reporting requirements. Below is an overview of each Report Type, and what each type can be used for:
- Standard Balances – This report shows the Standard Aged Balances.
- Un-posted Values – This report includes the un-posted values in the Standard Aged Balances Report.
- Credit Control – This report adds information about last receipt date and amount, contact, position and phone details.
- Wide – Balances – This report allows for the print of the reports in a wide format increasing the amount of Balance Data displayed.
- Wide – Un-posted – Allows the printing of the reports in wide format increasing the amount of Balance Data displayed, including un-posted.
- Wide – Credit Control – Allows the printing of the reports in wide format increasing the amount of Balance Data displayed, including Last Receipt details.
- As at Period Balance – This report gives the Client Balances as at a particular period in time. This should agree with the Balance Sheet Control Account for the same period.
- As at Date Balance – This report gives a balance report based upon current transactions.
- As at Detailed – This report gives a balance report based upon 7, 14, 21, 30, 60 and 90 days. This report also provides the Client’s agreed terms.
- As at Detailed Unallocated – This report prints balances for each client that are overdue and are also unallocated as of the entered date.
- As at Detailed Unallocated Periodically – This report prints balances for each client that are overdue and are also unallocated for a chosen period.
- Cash Flow – This report allows you to specify a given date prior to viewing balances to aid in cash flow projections.
- Cash Flow Detailed – This report allows you to specify a given date prior to viewing balances and transactions to aid in cash flow projections.
- Sales Analysis – This report gives a brief Sales Analysis of each Client.
- Sales Analysis Full – Gives full details of the Sales Analysis.
- Total Due Check – Simple Report that only prints: Total Due, Historical Total and Current Total.
- Standard Balances (Landscape) – This is the same as the Standard balances report, but in landscape format with extra room for Company name.
- Payment Performance – This prints a report in the form of a chart for the selected Clients displaying their payment performance as a percentage for payment term periods.
- Balances with Average Pay Days – This report prints out for the selected, Clients the average time in days it takes a Client to make payment.
- Standard Balances in FX Currency – Prints the balances in both the Local and FX currencies.
- Support – Gives full details on the Accounts, Receivables, Balances and Support data.
Report Sort Order Popup Menu
The Report Sort Order Popup Menu allows the user to select from various sorting methods and criteria to organise data in different sequences while still maintaining the same fundamental report format. The user can sort data by the following options.
- No Sort – No sorted performed, the report is printed as it is in the list on screen
- By ID – Sorted and totalled by each General Ledger Account ID.
- By UDF-1 – Sorted and totalled by UDF-1.
- By UDF-2 – Sorted and totalled by UDF-2.
- By Class – Sorted and totalled or grouped by Class.
- By Total Due Ascending – Sort and order balances by ascending dollar value.
- By Total Due Descending – Sort and order balances by descending dollar value
- By Area – Sort and order balances by the area value.
- By Control Account – Sort and order balances by control account
- By FX type – Sort and order balances by FX type.
- By Rep – Sort and order balances by Rep type.
- By Company – Sort and order balances by company.
- By Parent – Sort and order balances by parent.
- By Department – Sort and order balances by department.
Report Selection Popup Menu
The Report Selection Popup Menu also allows you to select which Clients balance data you would like to report on, allowing you to get more granular and specific with your reporting capabilities.
- Balances Only – This will print out all of the Clients balances
- Unposted Balances Included– Will print out a report which includes all active Clients balances including any un-posted transactions and those Clients who do not have a zero balance.
- All Records – This option will tell SapphireOne to print balances for all active Clients currently in SapphireOne including those with a zero balance.
- All Records Include Inactive – This will print out all of the client balances irrespective of active status.
Data Range Selection Area
The Data Range Selection Area allows users to select the precise client data they wish to include and exclude in the report.
|Data Selection||This dropdown menu has several options such as ID, State, Zip Code and Class|
|Data Metric||This dropdown menu allows users to select the metric to include or exclude data such as equals, not equal to, less than or greater than.|
|Print Button||Select this to Print the Report.|
|Cancel Button||Select this to Cancel the Report.|
|Record List Button||Selecting this button brings up a list of all inventory items within the users SapphireOne data file. The user can then use the ‘command/F’ and ‘ctrl/F’ search function to search for the inventory item to be printed.|
|Options Button||The Options Button allows for even further customisation of the Report. Further details are outlined below.|
|Queue Button||Selecting this button will put the report in a Queue, allowing the user to select the time and day for the report to run and print.|
|Background Button||Selecting this button allows the user to run the report in the background of the SapphireOne server, allowing the user to continue with other tasks while the report is generating.|