Transactions Inquiry Overview
There are four Inquiry screens within the Accounts Receivables menu that allow you to access your main Client information, with the first one being the Transaction Inquiry screen. The Transaction Inquiry screen displays a list of all current Client and Receivables transaction records.
These transactions are initially listed in order of entry with the most recently dated transaction at the top. You can change the sort order by simply clicking on any of the column headings. You can also change the selected column by re-clicking the column heading to change it from ascending to descending, or vice versa.
You can also adjust the order of the columns by clicking on the column and dragging to the left or right. Like other List Windows, you can re-organise the information displayed by highlighting and using functions from the Options Menu.
From this list you can also View or Look at all Transactions. You may also Modify transactions that are currently un-posted.
If the button is selected from a standard Inquiry, the screen will split in two. As a line is selected in the top section, the lines that go to make up the selected transaction will be displayed in the lower section. It is a toggle and will alter to display . This option is not available when the customised list is being used.
The Delete option is only available for un-posted and un-allocated items. A pop up will ask if you want to Delete One or Delete All. There is also a Cancel One or Cancel All option. If you attempt to delete either Posted or Allocated items a pop up will be displayed warning the user that the transactions are either Posted or Allocated.
If the transaction has allocations made against it, these allocations may be removed by using the Allocations Inquiry, or you also have the option to navigate to Sapphire Tools and select ‘Allocate 0%’. Once the allocation linked to the transaction has been removed the transaction may then be deleted as above if it is un-posted.
Choosing between a Standard Transaction Inquiry and a Custom Transaction Inquiry Screen
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
Posting Transactions in the Transaction Inquiry Screen
A Posting option is available from this Inquiry List screen from the Sapphire Tools drop-down menu. The tool is named Post Transactions.
Please note that this will post ALL transactions in the list. To post a selection of transactions only, highlight the transactions you would like to post and hit the ‘Command/Ctrl G‘ keys to Show Subset, or use the Options Tool and select ‘Show Subset’ to show your selected transactions.
There are several Transaction Types which are displayed in the Transaction Inquiry Window. Each type is indicated by a two-letter code.
A letter of the code indicates where the transaction originated:
|C:||Client Transactions||M:||Monetary (Cash) transactions|
The second letter indicates indicates what the transaction is:
|R:||Money Receipted||I:||Invoice Transactions|
|C:||Credit Memo Transactions||J:||Journal Transactions|
Each transaction has a Posted Status code attached. These are detailed below and are held in the Control Tab of a Transaction.
|Ent:||-2||Un-posted Lines updated (Modifiable). Line entered correctly and is ready to be posted.|
|No:||0||Un-posted (Modifiable). SapphireOne is preparing to post transaction.|
|Yes:||1||Posted. The line has been correctly entered and has been posted.|
|Wait:||3||Waiting to be posted.|
|Err:||-1||Error in posting (Modifiable). System will not post until the error has been corrected.|
|Work:||12||Currently Processing un-posted. The line is being posted now.|
|Lock:||4||Record in use while trying to update. Will post in next posting run.|
|Hist:||2||Record is now in History.|
|Rec:||8||Waiting to be Reconciled but already posted.|
|Later:||6||Waiting to be posted via the activity Queue button.|