Money Payment Overview
The Money Payment screen is the last item on the Accounts Payable’s ‘Data Entry’ drop-down menu. Money Payment can be used when Vendor details are not required or available for entry into the transaction, and allows the user to process paid income directly using the Order or Receipt number.
The Money Payment data entry screen is very similar to the Money Receipt function in Accounts Receivables. Money Payment does not have provision for the entry of any Vendor information – only Order and Receipt numbers are entered within this data entry screen.
Selection of the relevant Bank account will determine what type of payment is used. For example, Cheque, Credit Card or Cash accounts which are set up in the General Ledger.
Any data entry field that has a light blue background is a linked data entry field. If you do not know the exact ID to enter, the user may replace some or all of the characters with the “@” or “?” characters. SapphireOne will then display a much shorter list for the user to select the correct ID from. For example,if the user enters “K@” SapphireOne will display all records beginning with K.
When a data entry field heading is underlined this indicates that once an ID has been entered the user may then click on the underlined heading. SapphireOne will then do a specific query for the ID as entered and display a list with just the single item in it. The user may then view or modify the item as normal.
There are no Vendor details for a Money Payment, so we immediately start with entering the Invoice number as seen below:
- Invoice No. – Enter the Invoice Number (External Reference Number in lists).
- Payment No. – This number is entered automatically by SapphireOne. This may be altered by the user if required. (Internal Reference number in lists).
- Date In – SapphireOne will automatically enter in today’s date . To select an alternative date, click on the underlined ‘Date In’ for a pop-up calendar or manually type in the date.
- Period – SapphireOne Accounting Software will automatically enter in the current Period or the Period relating to the manual Date you entered.
- To select a different period, click on the underlined Period for a pop-up period list.
- Some Periods may not appear on the list as they may be locked (i.e. Transactions for the period are complete).
- Total – Enter the Total Cost of the transaction including Tax in the local currency. If the Bank account used is in an FX currency of some type, SapphireOne will automatically create the Money Payment in the FX currency of the Bank account as selected.
- Paid From – The default General Ledger bank account will automatically be displayed. To select an alternative bank account, type in the code or use the Use the Wildcard [( @ or ? ) and TAB ] option for a list of other bank accounts.
- Payee – A text field to enter any payee details.
- Memo – Enter any data.
- Payment Finalised – Tick if a payment of cash has been processed for this transaction.
- Document Paperclip – Scan and attach any documents relating to the Money Payment.
There is a paper clip in the top right hand corner of the first page of all data entry and all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. Within all data entry and inquiry screens there is also a separate page just for managing documents i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or relevant record. An infinate number of documents may be attached to a transaction or record at any time.
In either case to add a document, select either the or paperclip, and the following Document List pop-up will be displayed.
Please note, the Document List screenshot below is identical for both Mac and Windows users.
Any type of document can be attached using the Paperclip. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. The appropriate software must be installed on the computer or device before opening.
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version.
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
Information Tab Area
The Money Payment Information Tab area is used to display extra information about the current entry. You have the ability to view the information here, not alter it. Click on the Information Tabs to select the details you would like displayed. The Information Tabs change automatically for the different transactions being viewed.
The five Information Tabs for this type of transaction are:
- Bank – This tab displays details about the Bank account that has been selected.
- Controls – This tab lists the details of when the transaction was entered, created, posted and by whom. It shows the % that has been allocated, if it has been modified and by whom, and any errors and discounts used.
- GL – This tab displays the General Ledger details for the account entered in the receipt.
- Transaction – This tab displays the last 20 transactions.
- Error Code – Error information is displayed under the Controls Tab. Additional information on an error in a transaction is displayed under this Error Code tab. This is linked to the relevant documentation. This is especially useful when there are multiple errors within the one transaction. For example, a WF error is Workflow error.
Standing Transactions Area
Standing Transactions are used to set up recurring transactions and controls how often the transaction is to be created for each period. A standing transaction is usually given a start date and a finish date.
- Scheduled – For the frequency that this transaction is to created you may select Monthly, 30 Days, Fortnightly, Weekly, Yearly or Other.
- SapphireOne will by default not set any Start/Next or Stop dates as they must be user selected from the date picking calendar provided or entered manually.
The Money Payment Destination area is where the lines are stored that go to make up this transaction. Depending on the transaction, this can be from a single line in accounts mode to a hundred or more in Inventory mode. How to enter details in the Destination area:
All of the lines in the Destination area, are listed here. The list itself, only displays the basic details of each Line. You cannot directly edit from this list.
To view or modify any line in this Line Listing area, select or highlight a line.
All of the additional data entry fields will then be displayed for you immediately above the list of lines.
From there the user is able to view or modify all of the data entry fields for the line as required.
The easiest way to add a line is with the keyboard shortcut. Hold the (Command or Control key down and select forward slash (/). SapphireOne will then place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field ready for the entry of a new line. Alternatively, selecting the button will also place the cursor in the Account ID data entry field, ready for the entry of a new line.
Lines may also be added to the transaction by clicking on the button or selecting the button to delete the currently highlighted line.
- Account – Account is a linked field and the User can use the Wildcard [( @ or ? ) and TAB ] option to search for the Account ID.
- Account Name – Once the Account ID is selected, SapphireOne Accounting Software will automatically populate this field with the account name.
- Net Amount – Type in the Net Amount. This is the amount minus tax or TAB though and enter in Total Amount. SapphireOne will either forward or reverse calculate the Net or Total amount as last entered. It will also automatically calculate the tax to be applied.
- Tax Code – Use the Wildcard [( @ or ? ) and TAB ] options to search for the appropriate Tax Code or accept the default code. % field will automatically populate with the appropriate tax percentage based on the tax code selected and under normal circumstances this should NOT be altered. If you would like to change the tax code, simply over-type it. The Tax Codes are set up on a Company by Company basis and may be viewed or set up by going to:
- Go to Mode drop-down menu in the top left corner and select ‘Utilities’.
- In the top tool bar under Controls select ‘Company’.
- Click on the company you would like to set up the tax code.
- Go to Page drop-down menu in the top left corner.
- Select ‘Periods & Taxes’ to set up the Tax Codes.
- Amount – SapphireOne Accounting Software will automatically populate this field with the appropriate tax amount based on the tax amount selected.
- Total – If the User has entered in the Net Amount, SapphireOne Accounting Software will automatically populate this field of the total amount based on the amount and tax amount.
- Project – The project data entry field and the User can use the Wildcard search function option to search for the Project ID. A retention can be set by the project, which will automatically apply a retention. The percentage retained is displayed, and this may be altered on an invoice by invoice basis if required. If retention’s are enabled in master defaults.
- Project Name – Once the Project ID is selected, SapphireOne Accounting Software will automatically populate this field with the Project Name.
- Notes – Any additional information relating to each transaction line can be inserted here.
- Transaction List – All of the lines in the transaction are displayed here. It is a convenient list which displays only the basic details of each transaction. You cannot edit from this list. To view or modify any line in this Line Listing area- select the line, the details will then be displayed for you to view or modify in the other relevant areas.
Transaction Footer Area
The Money Payment Transaction Footer is the information bar along the bottom of the screen, and allows for easy checking of critical details in the transaction. This includes information such as:
- Sequence – SapphireOne Accounting Software automatically generates a sequence number.
- Batch – SapphireOne automatically generates the batch total. This is the total of all the client invoice that have been entered at any given time.
- Out of Balance – SapphireOne Accounting Software automatically generates the Out of Balance Total. For this type of transaction the Out of Balance amount must be 0.00 to enable the saving of a record.
- Rules Level – This is a linked field. The User can click on the Rules Level and a pop-up Organisation Chart will appear. Select the Level you would like to apply and hit OK.
- Tag – A drop-down menu allows the User to mark this Money Payment with a tag.
- Note that a tag of HOLD is hardwired into SapphireOne. When it is selected the transaction may not be posted until the tag status of HOLD is removed or altered to something other than HOLD.
- Most of the Tag Headings are user configurable.
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
Utilities \ Controls \ Master Defaults \ then select the appropriate functions Page
- The Tag Headings may be re-named by going to:
- All of the items in the Tag drop down lists may be created by the user.
- The drop-down menus are created by entering in an item not on the list, then (tab away). SapphireOne will ask if you want to add the new tag to the list.
- To remove a tag, hold the Control or Command key down and then select it. You will be asked if you want to remove it from the list.
SapphireOne checks that each transaction entry is complete and balanced before allowing any saving operation. When the Out of Balance is 0.00 the tick, will activate in the top tool bar indicating to the user that the transaction is ready to be saved. When more than a single transaction is selected, Blue will also be displayed on the main toolbar. See below for additional details.
You can save your Transaction in one of three methods:
Select the Tick when it is activated. This will save the current transaction and return the user to the main tool bar or the list.
When multiple transactions have been selected the user may click on the tick on the tool bar with the results as seen as above.
Click on either of the the Arrows. This will tell SapphireOne to save the current transaction and open the next transaction in the list ready for data entry or modification. Also note that for what ever page is open in the transaction SapphireOne will move to the next transaction displaying the exact same page. I.e. Terms page to Terms page. Very handy when checking the same data in multiple items.
Selecting the Enter Key on the keypad. SapphireOne will then save the current transaction and opens another transaction of the same type ready for data entry. Very handy when entering multiple transactions of the same type. I.e. Client Receipt, Client Receipt.