History Transactions Inquiry Overview
The Accounts History Transactions Inquiry function provides a list of all Accounts based transactions that have been moved into History mode.
This list is the same as other transaction lists in Accounts mode with two differences:
- The Accounts History Transactions screen lists all transactions from the Receivables, Payable’s and the General Ledger menus.
- The Accounts History Transactions screen lists all transactions including those that have been moved into history by SapphireOne at the end of the period, when the period end function is executed.
- Receivables – Client Receipt, Client Invoice, Client Credit, Client Journal, Client Refund, and Cash Receipt are standard Client transactions.
- Payables – Vendor Payment, Vendor Invoice, Vendor Credit, Vendor Journal, Vendor Refund and Cash Payment are standard Vendor transactions.
- General Ledger – General Ledger Journal is the standard General Ledger transaction.
These transactions are initially listed in order of entry with the most recently dated transactions at the top. You can change the sort order by simply clicking on any of the column headings. You can also change the selected column by re-clicking the column heading to change it from ascending to descending, or vice versa.
You can also adjust the order of the columns by clicking on the column and dragging to the left or right. Like other List windows, you can re-organise the information displayed by highlighting and using functions from the Options Menu.
From this list you can only View or Look at all transactions. If you attempt to delete a Posted item, an alert will be displayed warning the user that the transactions are Posted
How to Retrieve Historical Records to Current
All transactions once moved to history receive a specific status by SapphireOne and may not normally be opened for viewing or modification. On the Sapphire tools menu there is a Retrieve to Current function where any record in history may be selected and the historical status removed. Once back in current status, they may be modified with the normal rules applying for any transaction that is current. The most common method of modification would be to reverse the historical transaction that has an error in it and then create a new transaction to replace the historical transaction.
How to View Historical Transactions
Double click or select Look on a transaction within the History Transactions screen to open and view the Historical record. When opened the transaction will be displayed as it was when originally created from its appropriate menu item. A Vendor Invoice (VI) is displayed below.