In SapphireOne Bank Accounts are set up as General Ledger accounts. The setup procedure for setting up these types of accounts is documented in the article on the General Ledger functionality article in SapphireOne.
For auditing, tracking and security purposes, SapphireOne tracks and then records any changes made to any general ledger account that is also a bank account. These changes are then stored in this historical file where they may not be deleted or altered in any way by any user logged in to SapphireOne.
Once the Bank Changes option has been selected, SapphireOne will display a list of changes made to all General Ledger accounts which are also Bank Accounts. This list is displayed below and as mentioned it is for viewing only.
These system generated reports are initially listed in order of entry with the most recently dated ones at the top. You can change the sort order by simply clicking on any of the column headings. You can also change the selected column by re-clicking the column heading to change it from ascending to descending, or vice versa.
You can also adjust the order of the columns by clicking on the column and dragging to the left or right. Like other List windows, you can re-organise the information displayed by highlighting and using functions from the Options Menu.
From this list you can View or Look at all reports and view them.
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected the system will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
The user will note that this record has three principal areas as follows. Who, when and what was done or altered.
- Sequence – SapphireOne will automatically generate a sequence number for this record.
- Updated By – The logged in user that initiated this record by making a change of some type to a G/L that is also a Bank Account.
- Vendor – If a vendor was involved SapphireOne will enter it here.
- Employee – If an employee was involved their ID will be entered here.
- Date & Time – The date & Time of the creation of this record will be displayed here.
The only fields that will be populated in the Before and After fields are are those where a change has been made.
- Payee – If the Payee is altered it will be recorded here.
- BSB – If the BSB is altered it will be recorded here
- Swift code – If the Swift code is altered these details will be recorded here.
- Bank Name – If the Bank name is changed it will be recorded here.
- Account Name – If the account name is altered it will be recorded here.
When viewing these records the user will be presented with the Before and After results of any changes made.