SapphireOne has a total of 22 unique pages within a Client Inquiry. Each one of these pages has a very sophisticated interface relating to a particular heading of these 22 pages. The 22 pages are as follows. First we have the Details page where we store the Client ID, Name, Address, Contact Details, etc. and unlimited CRM contacts. When the user moves to the More Details page, there is additional information of the Client including Last Transaction, Loyalty Points, Tax Details, Miscellaneous, User Defined, General Message, etc. The next page is Custom page containing 12 alpha fields, 8 Real fields, 8 Date and Time fields, 14 Client Custom fields and 2 Client Text fields. In Current Balances we have the Balances and Payment Performance. FX Balances presents an aged view of transactions, notes and contacts in the Client’s home currency. Credit Control is an interactive view of aged transactions interactive you with balances and notes. The Terms page contains Payment Terms, Discount, Payment Defaults, Credit Card Defaults, Internal Credit Control, General Ledger Defaults Controls, EDI Settings and Control Log. Transactions provides a list of all current transactions. History provides a complete list of every single transaction for the life of the data file from the day it began for that client. Sales Analysis provides a graphical interpretation of sales by product or service and an interactive ability to pick a date range. Sales displays all sales from Inventory and Job Projects mode, and it also has the ability to include history. The Keywords & Notes page presents unlimited keywords per client and unlimited notes per client. Addresses has unlimited, multi-delivery or billing addresses per client, which is the same as page one and includes post or physical contact details, marketing, keywords and notes. Price Book provides a link to SapphireOne’s Price Book and each Price Book that is set up for a particular client. Period Balances page records the current period +1, +2, +3 and turn over by period unlimited history. Standing Sales is a complete list of all standard transactions for the client. Job Project are repository for all Job Projects linked to your client. The Email Log page is a complete history of all email interaction from within SapphireOne to your client. Rating can be linked to an electronic campaign where we have our clients rate us. Action is a complete list of all actions for this client. Documents (DMS) is a record of all attached documents to this client. Digital Assets provides unlimited digital assets. These may be PDFs, videos, photographs, JPEG, RAW, and HEIC any type of digital asset attached to your client.
SapphireOne’s Client is the foundation for all revenue base with in your SapphireOne application. Once set up, the Client will be the repository for all transactions for that particular Client whether that be Inventory Transactions, Job Project Based Transactions or Account Transactions. All interactions will be monitored with the inbuilt Client Relationship Management (CRM) within the SapphireOne Client, and a complete history of all Transactions is stored for the life on the data file.
SapphireOne Client Relationship Management (CRM) is fully integrated into every aspect of the SapphireOne application and collects Client data from a range of different communication channels, including a companies website, telephone, email and marketing materials. For example, feedback from technical support calls can help provide direction for marketing products and services to that particular client in the future.
SapphireOne CRM gives businesses the ability to learn more about past, present and potential Clients in order to improve customer relationships and retention. As an example, through the analysis of Client buying behaviour, a company might be able to determine that a client base has not been recently purchasing a particular SKU inventory. After analysing client data in SapphireOne CRM, the company can use this opportunity to better focus their marketing strategy to this subset of clients.
Client Benefits of SapphireOne CRM
With SapphireOne CRM clients are better supported on a daily basis with real-time information in a timely manner. Below are the eight core benefits of SapphireOne CRM.
- Identifying a businesses most profitable clients.
- Fully integrated across all companies and departments within the one data file.
- Superior sales team effectiveness and efficiency.
- Targeted and responsive pricing.
- Tailored products and services.
- Improved client services.
- Personalised targeted marketing.
- All SapphireOne products and services linked by both Vendors and Clients.
Client Inquiry Overview
SapphireOne’s Client Inquiry screen is the single repository for all master Client information. There are many additional pages available in a Client Inquiry.
When opening a Client Inquiry the user is displayed with a list of the basic details of each Client, including ID, Name and Address as well as the Telephone number and Main Contact.
To obtain full details for the Client you can Look by selecting a Clientand then selecting . To Modify a Client item, you can double click on the Client, you can click on the Client once and select the icon or use keyboard shortcut. Both screens look the same but only by selecting Modify can you amend the data. To create a new Client item, click on the New icon or use the keyboard shortcut.
- In other areas of the SapphireOne program whilst entering data you may alter Client Details which are created by the default setting and they will not become a permanent part of the Client Record. ANY alterations you make here will become a permanent part of the Client record and will appear in any screens with Client Information subsequently.
- If a Transaction is created for an Inactive Client or Vendor SapphireOne will re-activate it automatically. SapphireOne will not display Inactive Clients unless the user selects Tools and ‘Include Inactive’ in a query.
SapphireOne’s implementation of both Dictation (MacOS) and Speech to Text (Windows) is a game changer for anybody doing data entry within SapphireOne. Any data entry field that the user can type into using a keyboard, they can use this feature.
They can also use this functionality on all inquiry screens within SapphireOne. For example, the user is in a Contact within a Client and they have just made a phone call to that particular client using the Softphone technology, this will automatically date and time stamp the contact and the phone number you called to. As soon as the call is completed or finished, the user has the ability to use the Speech to Text (Windows) function or Dictation (MacOS) function and dictate into the memo field of the CRM contact, adding as much description as they require.
This functionality applies across every single Data Entry screen. For example, if the user is entering a Vendor Invoice (VI) and they want to add a memo within the Vendor Invoice (VI), the user can simply dictate the memo. Another example is if the user wants to add additional lines to the General Ledger account, within each General Ledger account when the user is completing data entry using a General Ledger, there’s always a unique memo field for each General Ledger account line, the user can utilise this feature to quickly add the information they need to add. Additionally, if you’ve got an interview with an employee and after the interview process is completed the user is able to make notes about the employee.
Speech to Text or Dictation is an extremely powerful tool and it’s something that we at SapphireOne as well as our clients utilise daily. It is a massive timesaver.
Choosing between a Standard Inquiry and a Custom Inquiry Screen
All inquiry screens have the option to Customise the list of items that are displayed on page. The Custom Inquiry Option allows you to select the data fields that are displayed, and the order in which the columns of data are displayed across the screen. While a list of clients has been used to demonstrate this here, any type of inquiry may be customised within SapphireOne.
The list below is the Standard Inquiry list.
When the ‘Swap to Custom Inquiry‘ button in the lower left hand corner of the screen is selected SapphireOne will display the default Custom Screen as seen below. This Custom List screen gives the user user two main options when organising the order that the data is displayed:
- To add or remove the data field columns that are displayed on screen. To add or remove a column, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
- To change the order in which the data field Columns are displayed. To change the order of the columns, go to the ‘Setup’ button in the bottom right corner of the screen. Within the Setup screen you can right click on the column lines and select from Delete, Move Left or Move Right. Further information on the Setup screen is documented below.
Once the user has customised the Custom Inquiry screen, the screen view will become unique to the user and each time the user logins they will be shown the same custom view. The user also has the option to select and save unlimited custom views. This can be done in the ‘Setup’ screen as documented below.
The Inquiry screen below is the initial Custom Inquiry screen which may be modified by the user.
Custom Inquiry Screen ‘Setup’ Function
To commence setting up your Customised List screen, select the Setup button as seen above. The Setup screen will be displayed as seen below.
From this screen the user is able to add and remove columns of data as required. Almost every field within the SapphireOne data tables is able to be included in the Custom List screen if the user is authorised.
There are a number of menu items across the top of the screen. These are as follows:
- Reset to Default – Selecting this button will set the display back to default as determined by SapphireOne. When a new data field is selected SapphireOne will add it to the right hand side of the columns of data. You can then click on the field heading and drag it to wherever you want across the screen.
- Show Related Record – You can also add related fields from other tables. Clicking on the checkbox at the top of the screen, allows you to choose a related record and a mini view of the related record for the chosen record will be displayed for the currently selected record. You will need to select the fields displayed.
- Favourite Set – You can use this option at the top left of the screen to save a custom created screen for later use. For example, you can have a simplistic Inquiry screen for general use, and a more complex screen view when auditing certain information.
Client Inquiry Details Page
When first Looking or Modifying a Client Inquiry the Details page is the first page the user is presented with. You can change the Page you are viewing by navigating to the Page drop-down menu on the left hand side of the SapphireOne Toolbar.
This area displays information about the Client such as the ID, Name, Area and Class.
- ID – The Client ID is the very first item to be created in the Client Inquiry screen. SapphireOne recommends establishing a criteria before entering any Client ID’s, as once saved these ID’s may not be deleted i.e. SapphireOne can be entered as Client ID SAPONE. Once the ID has been created it will become the default Client ID for the Client. Under normal circumstances the Client ID will not be changed or modified, however it can be amended by going to Utilities > Utilities > Sapphire Tools > Change ID. Only an authorised user can modify a Client ID.
- Name – The name of the Client will be entered here. The Client Name can be modified at any time.
- Area – This data entry field is used for grouping clients for reporting purposes. For example, if you wished to group your clients by a rating system i.e 1-9 or A-E, you would use the Area field.
- Class – This data entry field is used to assign the Client to a Client Class. Client Classes are important as they may be used for a number of items. For example, you can organise your Clients into different classes such as Prospects (P), Inquiry (I), and Client (C) to distinguish and group.
- Company – SapphireOne will by default enter the Company that the user is logged into and this may not be altered by a user logged into a specific company.
- Department – The entry of a department is optional depending on a number of factors. One factor would be if reports are to be generated at the department level. This is an optional field.
- Rep – This data entry field is used to assign a particular sales representative to the Client. Sales Representatives are set up through the Inventory screen. This is also important as Sales Reps can be limited to only viewing their own Clients. This is an optional field.
- Job Project – The Client may be linked to a Job Project if a Job Project ID is entered into the data entry field. Job Projects are set up in the Job Project Inquiry screen. This is an optional field.
- Reseller – This checkbox is directly linked to the Reseller Page in Inventory Inquiry. Any Clients who have the Reseller check box selected will be displayed in the list of Resellers. For example, when you have a prospective buyer for a particular product you can easily inform them of Resellers in their area or Resellers that have stocked the particular item in the past. This is an optional field.
- Open Item & Active Check Boxes – The checkbox when a new Client is created is automatically set as Active and its state may be altered to Inactive at any time provided that the Client has a ZERO balance. It is not advised to change these checkboxes as this can cause confusion in the Client datafile which can not be easily altered at a later point.
SapphireOne Document Management System (DMS) includes a Paper Clip icon on all data entry and inquiry screens and allows users to attach relevant documents or files to every transaction or record. Additionally, every data entry and inquiry screen within SapphireOne also contains a separate Page specifically for managing documents related to the transaction i.e. version control.
The red colour of the paper clip indicates that there are currently no documents attached to this transaction. When a document has been attached, the paperclip will turn green and the word Items will be prefixed by the number of documents currently attached to this transaction or record.
SapphireOne Document Management functionality can store any type of file or document, and an infinite number of documents may be stored for an unlimited amount of time. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files.
Within SapphireOne Master Defaults, there are settings available for the user to restrict the size of each individual document, and also to select where the documents are to be stored – within the data file itself or in a seperate folder. These options may be altered by going to Utilities > Controls > Master Defaults > System Page. Within the Documents area in the right hand corner of SapphireOne Page, there is a provision for the user to set the ‘Document Size Limit’ (the default size is 10Mb). There are also two radio buttons where the user can select ‘Store with Data File’ as part of the data file, and ‘Store as Files’ seperate to the data file.
To attach a document to a transaction, select either the or Paperclip icon and the following Document List window will be displayed.
How to Attach Documents Using SapphireOne Paperclip
Documents can be attached using SapphireOne Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality, simply drag a document from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically. If SapphireOne detects that the document name already exists, a pop-up will be displayed alerting the user. Alternatively, the user can also select the Plus icon to select a document to upload from the local computer.
Once a document has been attached, the user has the ability to rename any document by right clicking on the file and selecting Rename as seen above. Renaming documents will ensure that document names remain consistent across all records.
- Open – When the button is selected, SapphireOne will open the currently selected document for viewing.
- Update – When the button is selected, SapphireOne will display a pop-up which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. This functionality allows users to update and keep records of different versions of the same document. When the new version has been selected, the user will be asked to enter in a new version number. The new version will now be the document available, and all previous versions will be recorded and available within the History area of Document List screen. The new version of the document will still be linked to any transactions that the old version was.
- Scan – When the Scan button is selected, SapphireOne will access a local or network scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to scan a document directly into the data file and link it to the transaction. The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local machine or network.
- Save – The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document to the disk.
- Link Documents – The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to another transaction or multiple transactions in the data file. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection. You can learn more about Linked Documents in the Links Area documented below.
- Link Existing Documents – The Link Existing Documents button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A pop-up will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents. You can learn more about Linked Documents in the Links Area documented below.
- Delete – The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted document.
- Plus – When the Plus button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer.
When a document is selected within the Documents area, the Details area will automatically populate to display additional information about the document, including the Title of the document and the Type of file.
The Notes area is for entering any notes related to the document. The user can select the green clock icon to create a time and date stamp for every note added.
The Notes area will also keep an automatic user log when any changes are made to the document. For example, if the document is renamed or new links are created. SapphireOne will record the date, time and user that made the modifications.
Document Details Area
The Document Details area contains additional information relating to the selected document, and will automatically populate when a document is selected from the list. This includes the date and time the document was appended, the document number and the user who added the document.
The History area displays a record of the complete version history of the selected document. SapphireOne keeps track of all version changes and will automatically display the documents history within this area.
The History area will automatically update as new versions of the document are imported when selecting the Update button . When a new document version is imported, all previous versions of the document will be recorded and available to view within the History area. This enables the user to always view the most recently updated version of the document, however still keep a complete record of the document history.
Updating a Document
The procedure for updating a document is as follows.
- When the update button is selected the user will be asked to confirm they would like to import a new version.
- Upon confirmation the user will then be asked to choose the updated document to open.
- Upon selection a secondary dialogue will prompt the user for the entry of an alphanumeric value for the new version.
- Select OK.
The Links area is used to link documents to particular areas or transactions within SapphireOne. The links area can also be used to view all linking information related to the document. For example, if the document was imported using a function with SapphireOne, the links area will have a line containing this linking information.
To add in additional links to a document, select the document and then select the Link Document icon. The Files pop up window will be displayed. From the File drop down menu, select what you want to link this document to. Then within the Value data entry field, enter in the details (ID). As this data entry field has a blue background, it is user searchable by entering the wildcard ‘?’ or ‘@’ symbols.
Document Management using SapphireOne Documents Inquiry
As well as SapphireOne Document Management Paperclip functionality, SapphireOne Documents Inquiry function within SapphireOne Workbook Mode gives users the ability to view a repository of all documents and files stored within the SapphireOne data file. Users have the ability to add New documents, Modify, View or Delete existing documents from within the Documents Inquiry screen.
Any revisions made to a document within the Documents Inquiry screen will be updated across all areas that the document is linked to across SapphireOne, and similarly any modifications made to documents within the SapphireOne Paperclip Document List window will be reflected within the Documents Inquiry window. For example, if a document is renamed within a transaction Paperclip Document List screen, the document name will also be reflected when viewing the document in the Document Inquiry screen.
You can learn more about SapphireOne Documents Inquiry functionality within the Documents Inquiry article.
As an example, we have an inventory item with documents attached (installation instructions and a packing checklist amongst others). We add this inventory item to a sales order, manufacture, ship, completely finish the job. One year later we might have a revision of this inventory item along with all the Documents (DMS). Understandably, we don’t want to have to make a whole new inventory item for the revision, just update the DMS that are attached. We update the inventory item with all the new documents, ready for the next sale. When we refer back to the original completed Sales Client Invoice or Job Projects Client Invoice, we will we see the documentation as it was when the Job Project, Sales Client Invoice or Job Projects Client Invoice was completed, or the documents as they are now. In the example above where we have elected to produce an Order Client Invoice (OCI) with the current installation instructions and packing checklist. This will automatically flow into the finished Sales Client Invoice once the OCI has been delivered.
In the example above we have both the current and historical documents attached. As a SapphireOne user has the ability to edit the list and if they choose not to store the historical document and simply select the Minus button and they can delete the historical document. We also have the ability to modify the existing dociument keeping a log file of each and every time the document has been revised.
Making a record Inactive will remove the record from the standard inquiry list with SapphireOne.
For example, if you have a client that has a zero balance and you no longer transact with this client, you can make the Client Inactive so that they no longer appear on your stranded Client Inquiry. A second example would be if an employee is no longer employed with the company, you can use this feature to make the employee inactive within SapphireOne.
In SapphireOne the deletion of records is not available for audit purposes. For example, in a Client or Vendor Inquiry, the deletion of a Client or Vendor is not permitted.
How to make a record Inactive in SapphireOne
When a list of items is on the screen, select the small drop-down just to the right of the Tools icon. A drop down list will be displayed with the Include Inactive function on it.
When any record in SapphireOne is initially created, the checkbox is automatically set as Active. When certain conditions are met a record may be made Inactive by un-selecting the checkbox.
To make a Clients and Vendor Inactive the criteria is that they must have a zero balance. For other items in SapphireOne there are different criteria, Inventory items for example must have zero stock. When an attempt is made to deactivate an item SapphireOne will display a warning to the user if the deletion is not allowed.
How to view Inactive records in SapphireOne
When using the Find ‘Command/Ctrl F’ function within SapphireOne, you have the ability to select ‘All Records’ from the drop-down which will include all Active and Inactive records within your search.
The Grouping Area in the Client Inquiry screen includes three tags which are by default named: Tag, Tag2 and Tag3. These tags are default headings and the user may go to Utilities / Controls / Master defaults / Clients Page and rename the tags as required.
When a detailed query is executed they form part of the list of Fields when a Detailed Query is executed.
These same three tags are also displayed as part of the details displayed when the list of Clients is on screen. These tags are mainly used for reporting and reconciling Clients details.
When a Quick Report is executed they are listed as part of the Master Table and all SapphireOne report writers have these fields accessible.
- In the upper section of the Address area, there is a drop-down menu that has three option for addresses that are to be automatically used for this client and SapphireOne defaults to displaying the Standard address.
- There is also provision for the entering of a Statement or Invoice addresses by selecting from the drop-down menu. These addresses are all interdependent of each other.
The user should remember that these addresses will be automatically entered into any reports that are hard coded into SapphireOne. It should also be noted that when standard or any custom reports are used, allowances will have to be made for the number of lines in the address and how many characters wide the addresses will be.
- The button allows the copying of the Postal address details across to the Physical address area in the Standard Address selection previous page, or the copying of the Invoice Mailing address to the Invoice Delivery address on the Invoices address screen seen above.
- In the Standard address field area the Country field is preconfigured and the user can select the Country code they require.
- In the Standard address field area the Postcode field is eleven characters to cater for international standards.
- Also in the Standard address field area is provision for inserting specific Delivery Instructions and Telephone numbers for each individual Client.
- Also included in this Address area is the provision for storing the main Telephone and Email.
- If the SpliceCom telephone system has been installed double clicking on telephone button will tell the SpliceCom telephone system to ring the number as entered.
- Provision is made here for the storing of Client Email and URL.
The Clients email address inserted here is essential for the correct functioning of the email process when emailing Remittances and Invoices. Unlimited email addresses can be entered by putting a comma ( , ) with no spaces between emails.
For further information on sending emails please refer to the Navigation and Procedures.
SapphireOne Mapping Feature – Apple/Google Maps
A common feature available throughout SapphireOne is the ability to obtain a map view from a Physical address record. This is achieved by clicking the “Physical” heading highlighted below. This functionality is also included on Sapphire Webpack and the Sapphire Custom Webpack.
This feature is device/platform agnostic and will utilise your default Mapping application within either an app or web browser.
The Contacts area in the Client Inquiry screen displays a list of client contact details. This list will be limited to the contacts linked to this Client only.
To amend and update Client contact details, simply double click on the Client in the Contact Details area and enter the new details.
There are four icons just above the Clients contact list for user management of the Contact list. These include:
- Selecting the button will start the creation of a new contact. This brings up a new screen to allow entry of all details for a contact. The user will have to complete all details required. Any contacts created here under the Client Inquiry function will automatically have a link to this Client.
- Highlighting a contact and selecting the button will remove the selected contact.
- The Link button is for the updating Contact links. It is strongly recommended that new contacts are added using the function that they are to be linked to, in this case, a Client Inquiry. This will automatically create the link to the client that is currently being modified.
- The button allows the user to view the list of contacts in full screen mode. This is beneficial when viewing large contacts lists.
There is a Contacts item on both the Inquiry Pallet drop-down menu and also from the General drop-down menu when using Workbook mode. Any contacts created there can be manually linked.
Selecting the button will display the Select Contact Master pop-up. There is a drop-down menu available for the user to select contacts.
For example, if Clients, Vendors, Projects, Employees, Assets, Contacts, Client Address or Vendor Address is selected from the drop-down list and the ‘@’ or ‘?’ symbol is entered into the data entry field SapphireOne will display a list of Contacts to choose from.
Highlight the Client that you want the contacts for and select OK. SapphireOne will then display a list of contacts for the selected Client. Tick the contacts that you want to Import and select OK.
NOTE: One or more contacts may be added at once and the contact is duplicated when imported. The contact may be copied from any function within SapphireOne not necessarily from another Client as documented here.
Client Inquiry More Details Page
The More Details Page holds internal credit information and additional details about the Client.
Last Transaction Area
This area contains details taken from other areas of SapphireOne, including the amount of the Last Receipt, the date of the Last Transaction and when the Client details were Last Modified.
Loyalty Points Area
Displays the current loyalty points for the client.
Tax Details Area
- Tax No – The Tax Number is the ABN of the Client (in Australia).
- Note that this Tax No is underlined. Double clicking on it will tell SapphireOne to execute the default web browser on SapphireOne and to go to ABN look up. It will then automatically enter in the number as entered on SapphireOne and check if the ABN is both valid and active.
- The user must enter the number without the spaces. When the user tabs away from this data entry field SapphireOne will automatically enter the space for you.
- Tax Code – Enter the tax code for the Client. For example, in Australia this would usually be S for 10%GST.
- Tax Rate – The Tax Rate displayed depends on which Tax Code is entered. These are set up in Utilities Mode.
- Exempt Checkbox – The Exempt checkbox is used for Australian companies that deal with overseas clients. For example, selecting the Except Checkbox will mean that overseas will not be charged any Australian tax.
- Use Checkbox – Selection of the Use checkbox tells SapphireOne to override SapphireOne Settings and to use the tax rate entered in the Tax Code data entry field here.
- Facsimile No – Fax numbers can be entered here.
- Default GL Code – A Default GL Code account number can be recorded here. This will automatically enter the GL Code for any Client Invoices entered in Accounts mode.
- Currency – This Currency drop-down list is where the currency that the Client trades in is selected from a drop-down list. This drop-down menu will ONLY be displayed when a NEW Client is being created. Once a single transaction has been performed against this Client it will be permanently removed.
User Defined Area
In this area, four user defined fields can be set up as required. The first two fields are indexed and will appear in the Find ‘Command/ctrl F’ screen to allow fast searching for secondary data. All four fields can be queried by using the Detailed Query ‘Command/Ctrl Y’.
These fields can be renamed by going to Utilities / Controls / Master Defaults / Client.
Serial Shipping Container Code (SSCC) Area
These are simple data entry fields and may be used for reporting when a Custom Report is set up.
- Number – A starting Number may be setup by direct entry of the number.
- Prefix – A Prefix to the number may be added if required.
- Suffix – A Suffix may also be to the number if required.
- Ignore Levy Rules Checkbox – Selecting this checkbox will tell SapphireOne to ignore any levies setup in SapphireOne for this client only.
- Ignore Royalty Rules – Selecting this checkbox will tell SapphireOne to ignore any Royalties setup in SapphireOne for this Client only.
Periodic Invoice Area
In some cases, customers will be making a number of purchases for the same items on a daily or weekly basis and these sales will generate a number of SCI’s. Payment terms for the Clients are set up so that payments are made on a recurring basis which is usually period based. SapphireOne periodic invoicing helps to streamline the management and processing of these transactions.
To set up a Client for Periodic Invoicing the user will have to enter data into the Periodic Reference Area in a Client Inquiry. Once the data entry fields have been setup SapphireOne will generate all invoices for the Client as periodic invoices moving forward.
It should be noted that these invoices will also receive their own unique number and this number will be setup in a company inquiry.
When the Periodic Invoice function is selected in Inventory mode, SapphireOne will then only display invoices marked as periodic. All period invoices may still be treated as normal invoices if necessary.
- Period – The options are Daily, Weekly, Fortnightly, Monthly and None. If None is selected the periodic invoices will be marked but will require that the user manually create the Invoice date.
- Output – The user will need to have the ability to quickly identify these periodic invoices, and then process them, usually in the order they are raised. For this reason provision has been made to automatically enter in a predetermined internal reference number.
Invoice Reference Area
Each client may be given a unique prefix and number. This function can be used so that each time you generate an invoice for that particular client, SapphireOne will automatically generate the invoice with the unique prefix and number for that client. For example, if IKEA was a client, your invoices have the ability to be generated as IKEA0001, IKEA0002, IKEA0003.
General Message Area
Any comments or information about the Client may be entered here. When a new transaction is created for the particular Client this general message will automatically appear to alert the user. If nothing is entered here, no alert message will be displayed.
Client Inquiry Custom Page
For the existing default names as entered by SapphireOne, the first number indicates the order that it is in the group, and the second number denotes how long the actual data entry field is for the entry of user data. For example, ASAlpha_1_20 denotes that the Data Entry Field is the 1st data entry field in the group, and it will allow up to 20 characters. ASAlpha_8_80 denotes that is is the 8th data entry field in the group with a maxim limit of 80 Characters.
Client Inquiry Current Balances Page
The Current Balances screen shows current aged balances for the Client.
Include Unposted Checkbox
The value of entered but un-posted transactions can be shown by ticking the un-posted checkbox in the center of the screen. The new values will not be visible in the chart until the screen has been re-drawn. You can force this by re-selecting the Column or Pie button radio button in sequence.
A Balances graph gives a visual appraisal of the Client’s current status as a Column chart.
Client Inquiry FX Balances Page
This screen displays the foreign exchange information for balances relating to the Client. The Currency that each Client trades in is set in the More Details Page when a new Client is first created.
We have selected USAABC for this FX page that is displayed above.
The user should note the Type column which is the third column from the left in the transaction lines area. For Clients that trade in a foreign currency the currency Type will be added to the type as a suffix i.e. Client Invoice USD (CI USD).
The Aged area will display aged balances, in the top right hand corner of the screen in the currency selected, such as Current 30 Days, 60 Days, 90+Days and Total Due.
Transaction Details Footer
- Discount % – This displays any discounts applied for the Client.
- FX – This displays the current exchange rate for the FX Client.
- Discount Days – This displays the number of days that the discount will be applied to.
- Look Button – For the highlighted line selecting this button SapphireOne will display the transaction enabling the user to see what is in the transaction itself.
- Invoice Button – At the bottom of the screen, if it is an Invoice there will be an Invoice Button. This enables the viewing of the original Invoice
- Print Source Button – When this button is selected SapphireOne will print the currently selected transaction with today’s date on it.
Client Inquiry Credit Control Page
This screen displays all the Client information, i.e. all current Transactions, Balances, Contact Details and Notes.
This screen is designed for real time Credit Control and gives the user the ability to set notes and alarms for reminders.
By clicking on the column headings, you may sort any column into ascending or descending order. Highlighting a transaction brings up the allocations linked to it and this allows viewing of the data in more detail.
The top right-hand corner of the screen displays the Aged which includes the Opening Balance, Current, 30 Days, 60 Days, 90+ Days and Total Due. By selecting any one of these underlined headings in the Aged area, an immediate filtering for the ageing of the displayed transactions is performed. For example, in the screenshot below, the transactions have been filtered to display Current transactions only.
- Terms Based Checkbox – Alternatively, you may alter the data being displayed in the Aged Balances area by selecting the checkbox in the center of the screen.
- Credit Stop Checkbox – This checkbox puts the client on stop credit which prevents them from processing any new transactions until their account is bought back within their credit limit. This checkbox is linked to the Stop Invoices data entry on Credit Stop checkbox on the Client page of Master Defaults. If the Master default above is not selected, users will only receive a warning that the Client is on Credit Stop, but will still be permitted to raise invoices for the Client. Once that has been selected, users will not be permitted to raise any invoices for any Client placed on Credit stop.
- For the following procedures to work correctly the Contacts must have both a Telephone number and their E-mail address entered into their respective files.
- If linked with the SpliceCom Maximiser telephone system, users can click on the underlined Phone Number of the contact to make and end a call from within SapphireOne. This will also log the call within the notes section of the Credit Control Screen.
- Users can also click on the underlined email address to directly open a new message to the required contact.
There are ten buttons across the lower section of the screen and the list below gives a short description of what each one does. A number of these buttons have provision for the E-Mailing of various reports to the selected Client. When a user selects a record within the Credit Control screen that is linked to an Inventory Mode Transaction, the Open Invoice and Print Invoice buttons will become active.
- Open Invoice – This button is for the purpose of E-Mailing invoices to customers. The procedure is as follows:
- First highlight the transaction in the list and then select the Open Invoice button. A list displaying the required invoice will then be displayed and the user may then view or modify it as required.
- Open the invoice by double clicking on the invoice. Once the invoice itself is displayed the user may then select the small arrow on the right side of the Print icon on the main toolbar. All of the standard print options are displayed in the drop-down menu including the Email option.
- From there the user is able to enter the relevant recipients if not pre-filled in and which type of report is to be attached to the email.
- Print Invoice – When this button is select SapphireOne will immediately display the print dialog popup enabling either the printing or re-printing of the linked invoice.
- Look – When the Look button is selected SapphireOne will display a screen showing the Transaction details.
- Retrieve Linked – When this button is selected SapphireOne retrieves linked transactions that have been moved into History via allocation. The user will be presented with a pop-up confirming this.
- Reload Screen – Selecting this button will reset the screen to its original opening view.
- Statement – Selecting the button will cause SapphireOne to display the Client Statement Reports print dialog popup. This allows the user a number of options for the printing of Client statements as of today’s date. It should be noted that one of the options is the provision for the E- Mailing of the statement to Clients.
- Allocation – This button provides a convenient short cut to the Client Allocation function. When a transaction has been highlighted and the Allocation button selected, SapphireOne will then check to see what Client is linked to the transaction that was selected, and then display any un-allocated transaction for that Client in the list. To allocate any of the transactions in the list, first highlight it, and then select Allocation from the Tools menu on the main toolbar. The standard allocation page will then be displayed enabling the user to immediately allocate the transaction.
- Find – When the find button is selected, SapphireOne will display the detailed query function enabling detailed query to be performed.
- Open – When the Open button is selected, SapphireOne does a specific search for historical transactions in SapphireOne for the currently selected Client.
- Process Payment – When the Process Payment button is selected the user now have the ability to process payments directly from this credit control page.
Processing Client Receipts within the Credit Control Page
Once the process receipt has been selected SapphireOne will display the popup as seen below. It display all details that are required when processing a Client Receipt (CR).
The Receipt Detail area will display some details about the Client. Both the Date and the bank account details may be altered if required. Any credit card payments may be entered in the Credit Card Setting area.
To select the invoices for payment, select the checkbox at the right-hand end of each line that a transaction is listed then select Create Client Receipt Button.
SapphireOne will then display a pop up asking for confirmation that the receipt is to be created.
Until it is posted alterations may be made to it if necessary.
Client Inquiry Terms Page
The Terms screen is the main Credit Control Screen allowing you to set payment terms and credit limits for each individual Client. There is some default information entered by SapphireOne in this screen and these are from the settings in: Utilities / Controls / Master Defaults / Clients Credit.
This Clients Credit Page in Master Defaults has a Defaults area which allows you to enter default payment terms when setting up new Clients.
What you see in the screen above has been entered by SapphireOne from the settings in Master Defaults. When you alter the details here on a Client by Client basis the information you enter will override the details that SapphireOne enters here from Master Defaults.
Please refer to the Utilities Reference articles for more information on System Controls and Master Defaults.
You will also note that the details entered by SapphireOne have also been altered and the settings entered here will be the ones used for this Client only.
Payment Terms Area
For the Normal drop-down menu field, the options available are as follows:
- The 7 days, 14 days and 21 days drop-down data entry fields specify the normal payment terms for the client.
- The 20th and the 25th of the month following options will cause the client to be overdue from the end of the current month. The user will receive a warning when the Client exceeds their payment terms. Depending on the manner that the Client record is setup in Master defaults it may be possible to override this. These settings are to be found by going to: Utilities \ Controls \ Master Defaults \ Client Credit Page
Below are examples of payment term settings:
- If 30 days from invoice date, Select the: Other option and enter 30 days.
- If due date is end of the next month, select the Other option and enter -31 days (Note the minus symbol leading the number)
- If the due date is 60 days from the invoice date, select the Other option and enter 60 days.
- If the due date is 60 days and at the end of the following month, select the Other option and enter -61 days. (Note the minus symbol leading)
- If the due date is 45 days from the invoice date, select the Other option and enter 45 days.
- If the due date is 45 days and the following month, select the Other option and enter -45 days. (Note the minus symbol leading)
If the Client has been set up as Cash on Delivery or Prepaid SapphireOne will not allow an order, OCI, to be converted to a sale, SCI until the payment details have been correctly entered on the More Details Page.
Auto Credit Stop After
SapphireOne calculates the Credit stop terms on the oldest Invoice in SapphireOne for this Client based on the day it was entered. SapphireOne then monitors the number of days set in the terms data entry field plus the number of days set in the Auto Credit stop after data entry field. This may also be setup in Master Defaults for all Clients. Users will not be able to raise any invoices for them until the credit balance is rectified.
Auto Credit Stop may be set here on a Client by Client basis or it may be set in master defaults for all Vendors. SapphireOne will check here first and if it is set at zero disabled, it will then check in Master Defaults.
This is also where you set up any individual Prompt Payment Terms for a Client. Prompt is set as a percentage, and Discount Within is set within a number of days. This then becomes a default Prompt Payment Discount for this Client.
- Product Discount % – Entering a number (up to the 2nd decimal place) in the Product discount % field will apply a discount to all products purchased by the Client.
- Price Code –This data entry field allows you to select a particular price code to use for all Inventory items for this Client. Price Code is set in each individual inventory item within the Inventory Inquiry Standard Prices area.
- Lookup – This data entry field links to Price Book if a price code beyond the standard ones is being used.
Payment Defaults Area
This area allows you to set up the Client’s normal payment method.These details include the Bank, Branch / BSB, Account Number, Swift Code, Drawer and Preferred Payment Method The user should note that any spaces or dashes in the BSB number will be removed by SapphireOne.
These details will automatically be inserted by SapphireOne from the Client file to help reduce data entry. You may alter these details on any individual transactions if the need arises when the transaction is being entered.
Preferred Payment Method – The user should be aware that the selection for the Preferred Payment Method set up here determines the automatic selection of the Payment Type by SapphireOne when a payment is made by the Client. So the correct selection made here will help reduce Payment Type errors and data entry when receipts are created by users for the Client later on.
Credit Card Defaults Area
In this area the Clients Credit Card details may be entered, including the Credit Card Number, Expiry date and Security Code. When a Payment Type of Credit Card is selected when receipt is being processed SapphireOne will automatically enter these details into the Client Receipt.
The main use of the Internal Area is for when you treat a branch of your company as an internal client, you may then generate a Order Client Invoice (OCI) and handle it as normal OCI which on conversion generates a Transfer.
Do not enter any data into this area unless you intend to use this Client for internal transfers. SapphireOne has created Internal Client functionality so that another department/branch may create an OCI that will appear in the standard pick list, however when converted the transaction converts to a Transfer General Ledger Journal Entry (TGJ) instead of an Sales Client Invoice (SCI).
The benefit of this is that Price Book records can be set-up against the Inventory Items as Margins on Last Cost using the Internal Client as a price book reference and the difference in these set prices will be On-Costed to the Inventory item in the TGJ transfer.
- Once the Internal Branch checkbox is selected any orders created for this Client now declared to be an internal Client when processed, will create a TGJ, transfer entry and not an SCI.
- Location If inventory is held in a number of locations the user may enter here, the location that the TJG entry is to be processed to.
- Variance Account by entering a G/L account any variances may be stored in the as entered G/L account.
- Margin On Cost a figure may be entered here for SapphireOne to automatically add in a Margin to the On-Cost figure.
- And the user may select from Last or average cost radio buttons if it is to use the Last or Average cost for the calculations for the Margin On Cost figure above.
Credit Control Area
- Credit Limit – The Credit Limit field sets the maximum credit limit for each Client. When this limit is exceeded you will still be able to process new invoices for this client, however you will receive a warning that the Client is over their credit limit in the form of a dialog screen.
- Message – The Message area allows you to add additional text to the maximum credit limit message that will be shown to a user creating a transaction when the Client is over their credit limit.
- Credit Stop – When the Client has a negative Credit Limit and this checkbox is ticked this halts all invoicing to the Client.
- Once the status of this checkbox alters SapphireOne will make a log entry into the area just below the check box. This is a non-editable log that shows when users have activated and deactivated the credit stop of a client. This log is activated from all areas where a credit stop can be applied. A Client Inquiry on both the Credit Control & Terms Pages plus also from the Allocations Inquiry Screen.
- While you can ignore the warning dialog screen and continue to create an Invoice for the Client it will be saved with a Posted Status Code of err. When you look at the Invoice you will find in the Information area Controls Tab that the error code is set at CL.
- Order No Required – Selecting the Order No required checkbox will cause SapphireOne to prompt the user for an order number as seen to the right when creating a transaction for this Client. Saving of the transaction will not be allowed until an Order number is entered.
- Do Not Ship – If the Do Not Ship checkbox is selected, all shipment to the Client will be halted., period!
- Exclude from Overdue email function – Selecting the Exclude from Overdue email function checkbox here in the terms page of the Clients master record will remove them from automatically generated emails by SapphireOne if they are overdue in Payments.
- In Master defaults there is a specific page for Credit Settings for Clients so that when they are overdue in their payments SapphireOne may be set up to automatically send emails to these Clients. Some Clients may be offended by these emails so businesses may use other means of communication the problem of the Clients overdue accounts. I.e. A personal Telephone call.In this same page there is a BCC Sales Rep checkbox. When this is selected, SapphireOne will also send an email to any Sales Reps entered for that Client when SapphireOne sends the email to the Client.
The Controls area is where default General Ledger accounts are set for individual Clients.
- Control Default – The Control Default data entry field is where an alternative GL account to SapphireOne GL account may be entered.
- Tax Default – The Tax Default field account ID is where an alternative GL account to SapphireOne GL account can be entered.
- Sales Default – The Sales Default data entry field is where a Sales Default account may be entered that is different to SapphireOne sales Default account.
- Linked Client – The Linked Client account data entry field is where you establish the Parent Child linking account. When a Client is to be a child, the Parent ID must be first entered. For a parent, the Client is linked back to itself. For example, if ARCRES was to be a parent the user would enter ARCRES in this field to indicate to SapphireOne that it is a parent. Once a parent child relationship has been established the way that credit control is applied by SapphireOne will change. The user has 2 options:
- Set a gross limit for the parent and leave the children’s limits blank.
For example set the Parent at $20,000. No action will be taken by SapphireOne until the children as a group exceed the $20,000 limit. The warnings or stop signs will only be applied by SapphireOne when the children as a group have exceeded $20,000.
- Leave the Parent blank and set a limit for each individual child. SapphireOne will then look at each child’s credit limit individually and take an action when each child exceeds that limit.
- Set a gross limit for the parent and leave the children’s limits blank.
- Payment account – If a value is entered here SapphireOne will override the control G/L accounts as setup and use the G/L account entered here for this Client.
- No back order on this client – If the True radio button is selected, ANY orders for this Client that will raise a backorder component will cause the Alert to be displayed. This may be ignored if you wish.
EDI Setting Area
This area is where the Clients Electronic Data Interchange details may be stored. On applying for EDI you should be given these areas:
- EDI Link – This data entry field is for the entry of your EDI ID or Link.
- Ship ID – This data entry field is for the storing of the Shipping ID.
- Location – This data entry field is for the storing of the Location.
- Order Acknowledgement – Selecting this checkbox will tell SapphireOne to generate an Acknowledgement to any orders received from this Client.
- No Invoice – Selecting this checkbox tells SapphireOne not to print an Invoice at this stage.
- No Shipping Notice – Selecting this checkbox tells SapphireOne not to send any shipping notices for this Client.
- Include Product Code – Selecting this checkbox tells SapphireOne to include a produce code with the item/s delivered for this Client.
Changes to your terms are tracked in the Control Log. This information can not be edited.
Print Trade Reference
In the lower right-hand corner of the screen there is a Print Trade Reference button. Selecting it will cause SapphireOne to display the print dialog popup. This will then enable the printing of a trade reference. This print out contains the Clients Payment Terms, Average Monthly Sales, and the Average Pay Days in days that they take to make payment on their account based on the day that the invoice is raised.
Client Inquiry Transactions Page
The Transactions screen shows details of the current transactions including Dates, References, Totals and Transaction types. It also shows whether or not the transaction has been posted in the Posted status column.
Double clicking onto a transaction will display the information as entered into SapphireOne including the GL Account detail lines as seen below.
Invoice Button – If the transaction was entered as a Sales Client Invoice (SCI)/Job Client Invoice (JCI) the Invoice button will become active. When selecting the button, the original SCI or JCI will open with all relevant information. From there selecting the more button will display the Inventory line allocation.
Client Inquiry History Page
This screen shows details of all Current and Historical transactions for the selected Client.
Selecting the Open button will tell SapphireOne to open the same Inquiry that is performed when the user goes to: Utilities / History / Transactions.
Double clicking onto a transaction will display the information as entered into SapphireOne including the GL Account detail lines.
If the transaction was entered as a Sales Client Invoice (SCI)/Job Client Invoice (JCI) the Invoice button will become active. When selecting the button, the original SCI or JCI will open with all relevant information. From there selecting the more button will display the Inventory line allocation.
Client Inquiry Sales Analysis Page
This screen displays Sales Analysis for the selected Client.
- Line or Pie – The chat is displayed in either Line or Pie graphs, and numerical formats selectable by the appropriate radio button.
- Qty or Total – The two radio buttons Qty and Total enable the chart to display the breakdown by Qty (Quantity) or Total dollar amounts.
- Period Drop down Menu – The period that the Sales Analysis is displayed is selected by the drop-down menu on the left side of the screen. At present there are 6 options for periods, including roll your own.
- The user may also select using the checkboxes provided to Include Unposted and to Group the inventory items by their Classes.
Client Inquiry Sales Page
This screen by default only shows transactions entered through the Sales menu in Inventory Mode for the current period for the selected Client, in this case ARCRES for period 8.
It should be noted that this screen updates from the History file and therefore does not show un-posted records.
To include a full history of Transactions for the selected Client you have to select the Include all Sales checkbox in the bottom right-hand corner.
Client Inquiry Keywords and Notes Page
The Keywords and Notes Page is identical across all Inquiry pages in SapphireOne.
The Keywords and Notes page is essentially identical across all enquiry’s in SapphireOneYou can add your own customisable keywords to the list and re-use them additionally you can add keywords that apply to this particular record. You can remove keywords from the list by holding down command MAC/Cntrl Windows.
Client Inquiry Address Page
This screen shows you the information pertaining to the address of a particular Client. It allows you to have more than one address for the Client. The screen below shows the addresses set up as a Demo for ARCRES Architects Resource Group.
You can review current address or add new ones by double clicking on the address or clicking the ‘+’ button in bottom right corner of the screen. This will bring up the below window for data entry.
These addresses may also be linked to a contact using the Lookup data entry field in a Contact Inquiry on the Details Page. This Lookup data entry field provides the Lookup names for the Address list seen above. It should be noted that while the Address and Contact forms are the same, the links that are Address here the Lookup field in Contacts operate differently.
Client Inquiry Price Book Page
This screen allows you to see the prices of items linked to a particular inventory item that is specific for this Client.
Client Inquiry Period Balances Page
This screen displays the balances period by period for this Client as at the period end. It also displays the turnover for the current month.
Client Inquiry Standing Sales Page
The Standing Sales Page has been created so that the user may set up Clients who order the same item or items from inventory over a very regular time period. This is particularly so when deliveries are conducted on a daily basis and during the course of the day multiple transactions are created for the one client.
To enter in a new Standing Sales record, select the button to create a new record or highlight the required record and then select the button to delete it. Double clicking on a highlighted record will allow the user to modify it.
Standing Sales for a Client may be set-up on a Client by Client basis.
When set up SapphireOne will create the OCI or SCI on the day that you use as the trigger. We advised that you enter the order before the due date to be prepared. The Delivery Day Delay field allows you to add the number of days that the order is to be raised by SapphireOne before it is to be delivered.
For example, a company may deliver orders Monday to Friday. For the Tuesday to Thursday orders, you would enter 1 day so that the OCI or SCI would be raised by SapphireOne a day early from Monday to Thursday.
However, the Monday order would have to be prepared on the last working day of the Week which is a Friday so the Delivery Days would then be set at 3. The OCI or SCI would be raised by SapphireOne on the preceding Friday allowing the company to prepare the order before the weekend for delivery 3 days later on the Monday.
Data entry for this function is as follows:
- Enter in the inventory Item to be delivered and the quantity.
- Next make a selection from the Recur drop down menu and choose from three options. The selection of an option will alter the options available from the Day drop down menu as follows:
- With Weekly you have any of seven days to select from, Sunday through to Saturday.
- With Monthly you have from day 1 through to 31, or end of month.
- With Yearly you have a specific date to be entered in the format dd/mm/yy.
- Next select if SapphireOne is to raise an Order Client Invoice (OCI) or a Sales Client Invoice (SCI).
- Finally select the delivery day Delay in days.
- Then select the on the main tool bar to save the newly created Client Standing Sales record.
Client Inquiry Job Project Page
Job Project Page displays all Job Projects that this Client is linked to. The screen is populated with consolidated data drawn from each Job Project that the Client is linked to. The data as seen below must be entered into each project before it will be displayed here.
For each Job Project a Start Date and the estimated Finish Date will be displayed. Each Job Projects Estimated Cost and Estimated Billing will also be displayed as it is entered into the Job Project. Finally, SapphireOne will display the Actual Cost and the Actual Billing at the present time.
Client Inquiry Email Log Page
When any email is sent from within SapphireOne a log is kept of the email. SapphireOne then filters all of these log entries and displays all emails unique to that client. If the user double clicks on a log record they may then view the body of the email as it was sent.
Client Inquiry Rating Page
Records any feedback from the rating systems clients may have made. For example, the rating system on this page could be linked to an API with MailChimp and record client feedback.
The Action Page is a seperate table that can be added to the major record and transaction tables. This includes actionable items such as Calendar Reminders, Meeting Invites, Alarms, Emails, To-Do Lists, General Notes, Private Notes, Meeting Notes with Date and Time, Start and Finish stamps plus All Day Notifications. The Action Page can be viewed as the equivalent to CRM functionality for every major Table within SapphireOne Accounting Software.
You can Add or Delete Actions . If you double click on an existing Action it will zoom in ready to modify.
- Diary Area
- Sequence – SapphireOne will automatically enter in a unique sequence number.
- Title – Enter in a title for this action.
- Type – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in a type. This will then form a permanent type within the drop-down.
- Action – Use the user customisable drop down menu to enter in an Action. This will then form a permanent action within the drop-down.
- User – SapphireOne will enter in the user who is creating this action although this may be altered if required.
- Private – If this check box is selected SapphireOne will only allow the User as entered to view or modify this action.
- Status – The user has three options.
- Open – Action is open and active.
- Hold – Action is active but no alarms will be active.
- Completed – Action is now Inactive and will not be displayed in any list of actions.
- Tag – A tag may be attached to an action. This will then form a permanent tag within the drop-down.
- Link – When created from a function a link to the function is automatically created by SapphireOne.
- Check List area – A user created check list for creating actions. A check box is provided so that a user can selected them off as they progress.
- Dates and Times Area:
- Start/Finish – You can set an action to have a Start and a Finish time, or select the check box for an all Day option.
- Completed – Once an action has a completed date entered it will no longer be active and displayed in any lists of actions.
- Alarm Area – An alarm can be set to email someone at a certain date and time, or send your user a reminder and/or email if the email has been entered.
- Recurring Area – If necessary the alarm may be set to at set periods established by the Type drop down menu. The recurring period may also be set by date if required.
- Notes Area – You can select the Green clock icon to add Time and Date stamps to your notes. You can also highlight the text in the Notes area and right mouse click to customise the Font, Style, Colour and Background Colour to your preference.
- Invite Attendees Area – You can invite multiple attendees to your event and keep track of if they have accepted or rejected your invite. These attendees can be notified by email if the email has been entered.
The Documents Page is used to store and record documents and information relating to data entry, transactions and master tables.
Any type of document can be attached to the Documents area. Examples of types of documents include Adobe Acrobat, Spreadsheet Documents, Word Processor Documents, Photo Files, JPEG, CSV, HEIF, MP4 files and more.
Documents can be attached using Drag & Drop functionality. To use this functionality, simply drag a document or file from the local computer into the Document List screen and it will append automatically.
Please note that when creating a new record in SapphireOne, you are unable to attach a document until the record has an entered ID.
There are eight buttons and icons on the Document List screen. These are as follows:
- When the button is selected SapphireOne will open the currently highlighted document for viewing. (The appropriate software must be installed on the local computer or device).
- When the button is selected SapphireOne displays a popup which asks the user if they want to Import a New Version of the currently highlighted document. (The new version will still be linked to any transactions as was the old version).
- When the Scan button is selected SapphireOne will access a scanner, and following the usual prompts allows the user to Scan a Document Directly into the data file and link it to this transaction. (The appropriate scanner with software must be installed on the local computer, device or network).
- The Save button allows the user to save the currently highlighted document.
- The Link Document button allows the user to link the currently highlighted document to other transaction or transactions in the data file. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection.
- The Link Existing document button allows the user to link an existing document in the data file to this transaction or record. A popup will be displayed allowing the user to make their selection from a list of documents.
- The Delete button when selected will delete the currently highlighted transaction or record.
- When the Add button is selected SapphireOne will display a search function allowing the user to select a document that is currently on the local computer or device.
The Title and Type of the document are displayed in the Details Area.
Last Modified Area
The documents area keeps a record of the Time and Date of when the document was last modified in addition to who initially added it.
The Digital Assets Page allows the user to attach unlimited media to any major table record in SapphireOne.
Selecting the Digital Assets option from the Page menu within a major table record will display a list of digital assets currently in the data file.
This screen and all ensuing screens will overlay any current screen displayed in your major table. The feature allows you to attach digital assets to your master record.
- To add a picture simply select the button.
- To delete a picture select the button.
Please note that adding digital assets can account for additional increase in your data file size.