Point of Sale
SapphireOne Point of Sale provides a powerful retail solution that is both Windows and Mac OSX certified and can be accessed through both our traditional application and web pack solution. It is fully integrated with the SapphireOne application, meaning Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, Inventory control, Distribution, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Payroll and Assets are all seamlessly integrated allowing for no data poling, no data corruption and no delays.
Along with multi-store and multi-till functionality, back office staff can easily access real-time information of transactions and staff performance for any store. Retail staff can easily process Sales, Lay-bys, Returns and Orders directly from an easy to use Point of Sale Interface. Our web pack POS solution allows staff to enter transactions directly into the system from anywhere on the retail floor through an iPad or android tablet device. Managers can easily reconcile day end transactions to check till floats and post directly back to SapphireOne financials.
Users can take advantage of multi-pricing structures for inventory items and SapphireOne’s powerful Pricebook functionality to easily update sale or customer loyalty pricing. Using a combination of SapphireOne’s CRM and PagePro functionality will also allow for the creation of sophisticated sales and marketing campaigns which can be targeted at either specific customers or your whole client database.
SapphireOne’s Open to Buy budgeting functionality will allow store owner/buyers complete control over their inventory which is critical to ensuring an adequate level of stock is on hand for the amount of sales being generated.
Point of Sale Screen
The Point of Sale interface is the main area of activity for entering transactions of goods and/or services. From here staff can:
- Simply enter transactions by barcode scanning items or manually entering them with an easy to use yet powerful search functionality.
- Easily check item pricing and stock quantities at various locations at the click of a button
- Show photos of items in both search and transaction procedures to help with visual verification for staff
- Style / Colour / Size Matrix – Easily find available items within the Matrix at the push of a button
- Easily allocate % or $ discounts to selected items
- Allow for various and mixed payment types (ie. cash, cheque, eft, credit card, voucher) to be allocated to transactions
- Queue transactions to allow for faster processing times if customers go back out to the retail floor to look for more products
- Create & edit customer records on the fly
- Customise POS interface with pictures or an array of colour pallets, RGB, CMYK, HSB & Grey Scale sliders
- Easily access popular items for speedy transactions
- Increase staff productivity by utilising the ability for mobile transaction processes through an iPad or android tablet device
- Keep or make notes on inventory items to help with product knowledge or order processes
The inquiry screen lists all current POS transactions in numbered sequence. From here both retail and back-office staff can easily check current transactions through a variety of relevant fields. With SapphireOne’s powerful query editor, every transaction can be found and analysed through a variety of different tables and fields. Access security allows managers to make changes if mistakes have been made and also allows for the use of SapphireOne’s document management capabilities.
Shop Inquiry allows the user to set-up various store locations and allocate tills for that store. Here you can allocate inventory locations, start and end dates, docket messages, as well as allocate accounts for cash and merchant facility transactions. If using SapphireOne’s inbuilt soft phone functionality, users within the group can easily access and call the required store from within the system.
Lay-by payments allows users a simple to use functionality to process current lay-by transactions. Lay-by payments can be made using various and mixed payment methods and cancellations can also be easily refunded in part or whole from this screen.
Post Transactions is a checking procedure which is run on every transaction, prior to it affecting the gl, once a transaction has be ‘posted’, it can no longer be modified. The user has the option to continue processing immediately or send the posting process to the activity queue for processing later. Both options will produce an audit trail of the posting transactions. As a secondary option to posting immediately you can finish the posting in the background allowing you to continue with data entry.
POS reconciliation allows for end of day tallies and variances to be recorded for banking purposes
Dashboards, Column based and Graphical Reports allow customisation of reporting to your individual requirements.
If you would like to receive a full working copy of the SapphireOne software on a thirty day trial basis – click here….